Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
14 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
 
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.16
 
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.04
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #21
nickg nickg is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

Its not so much the use of nooooooooooooo that bothers me its the one they used. they just ripped it from EP 3 where he finds out his wife and babies are dead. a no of loss and pain.


It does not fit when hes trying to stop someone from killing his son. If it were a no that symbolized "Not my baby boi you *****son!" sure i can see that possibly being ok, but a no of loss? Nah fam
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:11 PM   #22
XavierTheaterPotato XavierTheaterPotato is online now
Expert Member
 
XavierTheaterPotato's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Wisconsin
148
259
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Wait, hold on there. You can plainly see between Vader looking back and forth between Luke and Palpatine that he's trying to determine what he values more: His son or his master. You could easily tell and he was wearing a mask. We didn't need a "No. No!!!!!" there because it takes the viewer out of the emotional moment where Vader becomes Anakin and decides to tackle Palpatine.
Exactly. Vader, in simple movements, showed a ton of emotion and conflict at that moment. Why do we need him to scream Nooooo! to get the point across?

Feels like Lucas with his writing of the prequels: There's no emotion unless someone's saying it!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dmmdoublem (01-20-2020), FilmFreakosaurus (01-15-2020), Geoff D (01-15-2020), HD Goofnut (01-15-2020), LarryT (01-15-2020), murakaz (01-15-2020), Spartan21 (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #23
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
523
1773
5
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
I like the first “no” only. Still can’t stand seeing Hayden replace Shaw at the end.
Oooooh I didn't think of that. Yeah, if he'd just added that first low growl of a "noooo" then I could've lived with that, but adding that Bobby Boucher-style "NOOOOooooOooooOOOOO!" as well is just so bad.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (01-15-2020), Indiana Jones (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #24
RalphoR RalphoR is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
RalphoR's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio
12
Default

I don't blame Vader for saying....

1r48y1.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (01-15-2020), MartinScorsesefan (01-23-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 01:34 AM   #25
bferr1972 bferr1972 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bferr1972's Avatar
 
Aug 2016
Here
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTheaterPotato View Post
Exactly. Vader, in simple movements, showed a ton of emotion and conflict at that moment. Why do we need him to scream Nooooo! to get the point across?

Feels like Lucas with his writing of the prequels: There's no emotion unless someone's saying it!
I think it's for the dum-dums in the audience who were thinking Vader was finally overthrowing the Emperor, like he always talked about doing. Never mind that there weren't any dum-dums actually thinking that...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #26
Jeyl Jeyl is offline
Active Member
 
Jeyl's Avatar
 
May 2009
6
Default

Vader: No... NO!!!!!

Personally, I would have gone with

Vader: Do not want... DO NOT WANT!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (01-16-2020), Geoff D (01-16-2020), Himmel (01-16-2020), VMeran (02-18-2020), WorkShed (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:35 AM   #27
guachi guachi is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2017
172
672
546
2
Default

I just went to YouTube to see Vader's "No" for the first time. Oh my.

Vader being silent in the original is great. It's clear what's happening thanks to a great score and the looking back and forth. The "No" ruins the suddenness of Vader lunging at the Emperor. What I love isn't just that he kills the Emperor but he leans back before lunging at him.

The "No" is just... not good.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GrouchoFan (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:51 AM   #28
Hardback247 Hardback247 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Mar 2013
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guachi View Post
I just went to YouTube to see Vader's "No" for the first time. Oh my.

Vader being silent in the original is great. It's clear what's happening thanks to a great score and the looking back and forth. The "No" ruins the suddenness of Vader lunging at the Emperor. What I love isn't just that he kills the Emperor but he leans back before lunging at him.

The "No" is just... not good.
Why should I even get the movie in 4K if that version of the scene is going to still be there?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #29
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
523
1773
5
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardback247 View Post
Why should I even get the movie in 4K if that version of the scene is going to still be there?
If Adywan had changed it to Vader singing "I am the very definition of a modern major general" I reckon you'd like it so much better tho
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:07 PM   #30
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
523
1773
5
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1972 View Post
I think it's for the dum-dums in the audience who were thinking Vader was finally overthrowing the Emperor, like he always talked about doing. Never mind that there weren't any dum-dums actually thinking that...
Heck of it is, the new trilogy kinda undermines all that anyway, particularly with how TROS turned out. People say the new movie undermines Vader's arc but his arc and his sacrifice was undermined the moment they decided to make a new trilogy. So instead of it being this grand gesture of Vader overthrowing the Emperor or saving the galaxy it boils down to a father wanting to save his son, I guess it always did but those other ^ reasons have now been stripped away by the new movies.

ROTJ is not the grand climax to the Saga any more so it doesn't need such added histrionics from Vader to sell it, not that it ever did of course but it just makes it so goofy. Same goes for the enhanced SE celebration scene that flits around other planets, it's entirely superfluous in the wake of the ST and just having that smaller scale celebration on Endor would've been a far better way to lead into the ST.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #31
farerb farerb is online now
Special Member
 
farerb's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
33
97
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Heck of it is, the new trilogy kinda undermines all that anyway, particularly with how TROS turned out. People say the new movie undermines Vader's arc but his arc and his sacrifice was undermined the moment they decided to make a new trilogy. So instead of it being this grand gesture of Vader overthrowing the Emperor or saving the galaxy it boils down to a father wanting to save his son, I guess it always did but those other ^ reasons have now been stripped away by the new movies.
I'm fine with it cause RotJ always more intimate with lots of fillers. While I don't think the film is bad, I don't think it is as good as it could have been. It does its job, but it kinda feels "small" as a last episode of the trilogy, let alone the saga (especially after ESB). While I don't really care about TRoS and pretty much ignore it, I feel like TLJ is grander in scale and themes and I like it as an ending better than RotJ.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #32
RalphoR RalphoR is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
RalphoR's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio
12
Default

Vader had to clear his mind somewhere before he decided to say "noooooooooooo" or not.

25707918301_25eb607f9f_b.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #33
bferr1972 bferr1972 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bferr1972's Avatar
 
Aug 2016
Here
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
ROTJ is not the grand climax to the Saga any more so it doesn't need such added histrionics from Vader to sell it, not that it ever did of course but it just makes it so goofy. Same goes for the enhanced SE celebration scene that flits around other planets, it's entirely superfluous in the wake of the ST and just having that smaller scale celebration on Endor would've been a far better way to lead into the ST.
My takeaway from the ST is that most of ROTJ remains intact-- Vader is still redeemed, Luke is still saved, the Emperor still dies (or so he says), the Rebels still win, and the Death Star is still destroyed. The galaxy can have its victory celebration, but it all feels a little hollow now. I guess TFA introducing the First Order is to blame, but TRoS really underscores that hollowness with a Sharpie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farerb View Post
I'm fine with it cause RotJ always more intimate with lots of fillers. While I don't think the film is bad, I don't think it is as good as it could have been. It does its job, but it kinda feels "small" as a last episode of the trilogy, let alone the saga (especially after ESB). While I don't really care about TRoS and pretty much ignore it, I feel like TLJ is grander in scale and themes and I like it as an ending better than RotJ.
That is a unique take, and I'm speaking as a big fan of TLJ.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #34
Bn43 Bn43 is offline
Special Member
 
Bn43's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
43
122
8
6
Default

Rise of Skywalker kind of sucked.
[Show spoiler]I wonder what the point of the whole war of the previous two movies was when Palpatine can just pull star destroyers out of his ass.

Last edited by Bn43; 01-16-2020 at 02:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MartinScorsesefan (01-23-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #35
DJR662 DJR662 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bn43 View Post
Rise of Skywalker kind of sucked. I wonder what the point of the whole war of the previous two movies was when Palpatine can just pull star destroyers out of his ass.
Lol.

Spoiler tags, please!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #36
farerb farerb is online now
Special Member
 
farerb's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
33
97
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1972 View Post
My takeaway from the ST is that most of ROTJ remains intact-- Vader is still redeemed, Luke is still saved, the Emperor still dies (or so he says), the Rebels still win, and the Death Star is still destroyed. The galaxy can have its victory celebration, but it all feels a little hollow now. I guess TFA introducing the First Order is to blame, but TRoS really underscores that hollowness with a Sharpie.
I don't think The First Order is so unimaginable. Did the entire empire died because the Emperor is dead? Did only the people on the second death star consisted the empire? That's why I feel like RotJ is a weak ending cause it's basically the same ending as ANH just with the Emperor and Vader dead. That's it? Killing the Emperor is enough to destroy an ideology a lot of people believed in?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #37
Bn43 Bn43 is offline
Special Member
 
Bn43's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
43
122
8
6
Default

And as much as I liked The Last Jedi, I'm upset with Disney for killing off the entire trio. I may never look at that ending the same way again.



If there's one character who should have lived, it was Luke!

Last edited by Bn43; 01-16-2020 at 03:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:03 PM   #38
Scott in UK Scott in UK is offline
Special Member
 
Scott in UK's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Im in the South East (Kent) United Kingdom
65
Default

^ That took me about 30 seconds to work out what i was looking at was Chewies head. I thought what's that green arrow pointing at, and couldn't work it out, then thought is it pointing at Lando, then thought or whatever it's pointing at what the hell is it.... Oh yeah it's Chewie's head! (it looked like the top of Chewie's head was another head looking almost towards me, and where his face is, i wasnt seeing at all )

Last edited by Scott in UK; 01-16-2020 at 03:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RalphoR (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #39
mysticwaterfall mysticwaterfall is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mysticwaterfall's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Right Behind You
318
1261
211
105
Default

Love the C3PO comment. Anthony Daniel's actually talks about C3POs increasing lack of importance at length in his book and was glad he got to do something important in TROS. It was really dumb though how they built up that they would be "killing" him and then of course, it didnt matter at all since R2 just restored his memory. I mean yeah the backup could have failed but it still reduces the moment a lot because there was a lot less risk.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bferr1972 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #40
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Apr 2012
US of A
306
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
Love the C3PO comment. Anthony Daniel's actually talks about C3POs increasing lack of importance at length in his book and was glad he got to do something important in TROS. It was really dumb though how they built up that they would be "killing" him and then of course, it didnt matter at all since R2 just restored his memory. I mean yeah the backup could have failed but it still reduces the moment a lot because there was a lot less risk.

There must be no stakes in a Disney movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
guachi (01-17-2020), MartinScorsesefan (01-23-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 AM.