Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
16 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
16 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 01-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2016
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by farerb View Post
I don't think The First Order is so unimaginable. Did the entire empire died because the Emperor is dead? Did only the people on the second death star consisted the empire? That's why I feel like RotJ is a weak ending cause it's basically the same ending as ANH just with the Emperor and Vader dead. That's it? Killing the Emperor is enough to destroy an ideology a lot of people believed in?
Yeah, that's true, and I don't disagree. But I also don't need to see every last Imperial killed or brought to justice. ROTJ paints in broad strokes, but it's enough to convey that the Empire is effectively finished.

And yet, in retrospect, it would've been a good idea to see some Star Destroyers jump away from Endor in retreat once the battle turned against them, leaving the door open for the First Order.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:24 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
There must be no stakes in a Disney movie.
Well, they did let everybody die in RO, which certainly surprised me. Granted, it took care of all the "Where is x in the later movies" questions like continously get asked about Ashoka.
Thanks given by:
jeangreyforever (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:34 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by farerb View Post
I don't think The First Order is so unimaginable. Did the entire empire died because the Emperor is dead? Did only the people on the second death star consisted the empire? That's why I feel like RotJ is a weak ending cause it's basically the same ending as ANH just with the Emperor and Vader dead. That's it? Killing the Emperor is enough to destroy an ideology a lot of people believed in?
Thanks given by:
sharky1999 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:59 PM   #44
Special Member

Aug 2017
Im in the South East (Kent) United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1972 View Post
And yet, in retrospect, it would've been a good idea to see some Star Destroyers jump away from Endor in retreat once the battle turned against them, leaving the door open for the First Order.
Well you do see a Star Destroyer from that era crash landed on Jakku so that kind of signifies what you're on about or shows the ruins of the Empire. Or was that ruins from some other war that happened between ROTJ & TFA? You'd probably know the answer to that more than me.

Am i right in thinking i heard about some book or computer game about the war of Jakku or whatever.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2016
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in UK View Post
Well you do see a Star Destroyer from that era crash landed on Jakku so that kind of signifies what you're on about or shows the ruins of the Empire. Or was that ruins from some other war that happened between ROTJ & TFA? You'd probably know the answer to that more than me.

Am i right in thinking i heard about some book or computer game about the war of Jakku or whatever.
Yep. That's the Aftermath Trilogy. The Battle of Jakku takes place a year after ROTJ and is considered the official end of the Galactic Civil War.
Thanks given by:
groove93 (01-16-2020), Scott in UK (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #46
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1972 View Post
Yep. That's the Aftermath Trilogy. The Battle of Jakku takes place a year after ROTJ and is considered the official end of the Galactic Civil War.
Hated the first book, but 2 and 3 were great reads.
Thanks given by:
bferr1972 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
If Adywan had changed it to Vader singing "I am the very definition of a modern major general" I reckon you'd like it so much better tho
I wouldn't. Silence is golden.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:44 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bn43 View Post
Rise of Skywalker kind of sucked.
[Show spoiler]I wonder what the point of the whole war of the previous two movies was when Palpatine can just pull star destroyers out of his ass.
He had 30 years to make that happen.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
There must be no stakes in a Disney movie.
Bullshit.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

Let’s all just admit, no matter how you liked/disliked the direction it took, the fans are the ones that screwed up the ST the most. If it wasn’t for their constant *****ing (including death threats) over TLJ, they wouldn’t have pulled such a massive course correction in TROS.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-16-2020, 04:52 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Letís all just admit, no matter how you liked/disliked the direction it took, the fans are the ones that screwed up the ST the most. If it wasnít for their constant *****ing (including death threats) over TLJ, they wouldnít have pulled such a massive course correction in TROS.
The fans just never learn.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-16-2020, 04:54 PM   #52
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Letís all just admit, no matter how you liked/disliked the direction it took, the fans are the ones that screwed up the ST the most. If it wasnít for their constant *****ing (including death threats) over TLJ, they wouldnít have pulled such a massive course correction in TROS.
I've always felt the Rose Tico character was "Jar Jar Binx'd" as a result of the outcry from fans regarding TLJ.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:54 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
I've always felt the Rose Tico character was "Jar Jar Binx'd" as a result of the outcry from fans regarding TLJ.
She really didn't deserve it.
Thanks given by:
jeangreyforever (01-17-2020), VMeran (02-18-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 05:20 PM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardback247 View Post
She really didn't deserve it.
I didnít hate her or compare her to Jar Jar until I came here and found out I was supposed to.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #55
Special Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
Let’s all just admit, no matter how you liked/disliked the direction it took, the fans are the ones that screwed up the ST the most. If it wasn’t for their constant *****ing (including death threats) over TLJ, they wouldn’t have pulled such a massive course correction in TROS.
absolute BS. The reason they course corrected is because TLJ had bad legs at the box office and then Solo bombed right after. Disney has real data and they know that TLJ left a bad taste in peoples mouth course correcting for a sequel was the only option. Unfortunately with a rushed production schedule and bringing on the writer of Batman v Superman and Justice League, they couldn't put together a satisfying product

the decline started with TLJ. Solo and TROS were just following off of that.

JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Bob Iger, and Kathleen Kennedy are who screwed up the ST. Nobody else. TFA didn't really have a good foundation to go on as well, despite being entertaining overall.

and of course what they screwed up the most was the use of the original cast. Now no matter what, they can't go back. Carrie is gone and Mark and Harrison no doubt have moved on.
Thanks given by:
MartinScorsesefan (01-23-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 05:28 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
absolute BS. The reason they course corrected is because TLJ had bad legs at the box office and then Solo bombed right after. Disney has real data and they know that TLJ left a bad taste in peoples mouth course correcting for a sequel was the only option. Unfortunately with a rushed production schedule and bringing on the writer of Batman v Superman and Justice League, they couldn't put together a satisfying product

the decline started with TLJ. Solo and TROS were just following off of that.

JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Bob Iger, and Kathleen Kennedy are who screwed up the ST. Nobody else. TFA didn't really have a good foundation to go on as well, despite being entertaining overall.
I donít know if itís absolute bs since thereís a direct correlation from one to the other.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:30 PM   #57
Special Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
I donít know if itís absolute bs since thereís a direct correlation from one to the other.
it is. Bob Iger just wanted to rush out as many products as they can. Kathleen, JJ, and Rian put out weak products. Star Wars is in decline at the box office and that's not just because of "the fans". It's because of their bad decisions.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:43 PM   #58
Special Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsScrewdriver View Post
Am I the only one who actually likes the "NOOOOOOO!!" in ROTJ? I grew up on the movie. IT was my favorite as a kid. So I should be made about its addition. Yet I'm not. I think it ties the 6 movies together nicely.
When I heard about the no, I thought that was terrible and couldn't believe it. Then when I saw it, I thought it made perfect sense in the context. It worked. I think a lot of people that complain about it (maybe not here) have never actually watched it with the no. I am also pretty certain that if it had been there originally and then had been taken out, they would be complaining about the removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bn43 View Post
And as much as I liked The Last Jedi,
[Show spoiler]I'm upset with Disney for killing off the entire trio.
I think we have to give them a pass on
[Show spoiler]Leia
Thanks given by:
VMeran (02-18-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #59
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
I didnít hate her or compare her to Jar Jar until I came here and found out I was supposed to.
I'm not comparing characters as they were completely different, but the result of the negative responses towards the two from the small but loud fanbase seem to be very similar considering the amount of screen time they had in their respective movies.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #60

Jul 2017
Portland, Oregon

Since you are all complaining about the sequel trilogy in the Return of the Jedi thread... Id just like to say I thoroughly enjoyed the sequel Trilogy (mainly TFA and TROS), and Return of the Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film. The end.
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-16-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies