Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Flintstones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$40.99
1 hr ago
Silent Running (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Bad Boys Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.00
8 hrs ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.96
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$115.99
21 hrs ago
The Original Christmas Specials Collection (Blu-ray)
$13.00
4 hrs ago
Antebellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.57
9 hrs ago
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Peanuts: Holiday Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Gladiator/Braveheart 2-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.93
 
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-21-2019, 04:43 AM   #3341
Steve Stanchfield Steve Stanchfield is online now
Special Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

[QUOTE=phrankenstign;16749591]Steve, I've got questions about those comparison pics between the original release print and the Blu-ray release:
[LIST=1][*]Was the original release print's aspect ratio 1:1.33?
Yes. The film was made to work in both 1:33 and 1:85.
[*]Did Disney expect theaters to use a 1:1.85 matte when projecting it?
Most theatres at this point did. Interestingly, All the other older Disney Features were still reissued in their original format until 1987. When I saw these films as a kid, however, they were always shown 1:33 at the local theatre. There were still union projectionists back then, and they cared about getting it right. I recall Jungle Book being shown full frame.
[*]Did they also expect it to be unmatted when broadcast on TV?
That's a good guess- and any time a scene was shown it was in that format of course.
[*]Did Disney then use a 1:1.85 matte for the Blu-ray release to recreate the theater experience at home?
Yes. They released it how it would have likely been seen in theatres, although in the original theatrical prints it works both ways, as do cartoons from many studios from the late 50s on.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WaverBoy (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #3342
Steve Stanchfield Steve Stanchfield is online now
Special Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

So far a good week::

Noveltoons Blu-ray Master- DONE! Checking and getting ready to send off to replication as long as there are not any issues....

1973 feature now scanned.
1967 all dubbed now.
Grotesqueries almost all dubbed now
Stuff for 'More Stop Motion Marvels 2' just showed up.
Got better prints of two of the four All censored shorts I need.

Dubbing and sending a bunch of older special discs right now. One reel of films still MIA.

Getting rest of 'Cartoon Commercials' early next week.

Puppetoons project almost out of my hands happily!

On Rainbow Parades: Japanese Lanterns and Rag Dog all cleaned up!
On Flip, The New Car, Cuckoo Murder Case and Africa Sqeaks all cleaned up!

Going to try and get the two nitrate Lulus (at a friends) next week to finish Terry/ Lantz/ Famous.

Bury Me An Angel almost all cleaned up!
Sending list of things I still need for 'Stop Motion Marvels (Blu-ray)' one collector friend has almost everything else I haven't scanned.

Trying to make a big push this month and get as many things out the door as we can.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (08-21-2019), e_d (08-27-2019), nonlpb (08-23-2019), qfwfq (08-21-2019), robtadrian (08-22-2019), WaverBoy (08-22-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 10:01 PM   #3343
Steve Stanchfield Steve Stanchfield is online now
Special Member
 
Feb 2014
Default The 'On Hold' Special Set!

With so much going out the door finally, we can finally do this one:

Announcing a pretty different 'Special' set:

On Hold: Cool Things from Unfinished projects

This special disc (BDR) consists of things we're started that, for one reason or another, are not moving forward (but the things are so cool it's hard to just have them not get seen!). I've always wanted to do a disc like this.....

The films include:

Some commercials
A rare 1930s cartoon short
Films from a famous series that we've been trying to release since 2014
Two Episodes of a fun mid- 60's TV cartoon (from the Network's original negs, including commercials)
Films we've been cleaning up from a 30s series
Some really cool experimental shorts
All sorts of surprises!

It comes in a standard DVD case, below. The set is limited to 65 copies. It's $16.95 plus $3 shipping to US, $7 to Canada, $9 to all other countries. If you've ordered anything else shipping is free. Paypal is, as usual, steves@thunderbeananimation.com. Make sure to include your address and 'On Hold'.

Thanks to all for supporting all the Thunderbean sets, finished or never to be!

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BluBatman88 (08-23-2019), curiouser1228 (08-22-2019), drak b (08-22-2019), george_leland (08-21-2019), imdamfino (08-24-2019), nonlpb (08-23-2019), Phiredog (08-22-2019), qfwfq (08-22-2019), robtadrian (08-22-2019), sfish (08-21-2019), solaris72 (08-21-2019), Wataloon37 (08-21-2019), WaverBoy (08-22-2019), zone ranger (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 01:31 AM   #3344
bigshot bigshot is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bigshot's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
12
82
3
2
Default

Ordered!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:17 AM   #3345
Phiredog Phiredog is offline
Junior Member
 
Phiredog's Avatar
 
Mar 2019
Default

Ordered! Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:44 AM   #3346
phrankenstign phrankenstign is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2017
Default

This "On Hold" BDR seems like it may have some nice surprises on it!

I've ordered one too!


I've got a question about "Grotesqueries"....
I thought it was out the door and available on Amazon already!????
Did I imagine that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:49 AM   #3347
Silverscreen52 Silverscreen52 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2008
129
1816
Smile

Also ordered! Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:52 AM   #3348
Wataloon37 Wataloon37 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2019
Default

I also ordered a copy as well!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:58 AM   #3349
cjamescook cjamescook is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2007
Massachusetts
1
Default

Ordered!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:11 AM   #3350
DawnShadow DawnShadow is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Aug 2014
36
430
104
1
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankenstign View Post
I've got a question about "Grotesqueries"....
I thought it was out the door and available on Amazon already!????
Did I imagine that?
Almost all dubbed means all the discs are almost out I believe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:22 AM   #3351
phrankenstign phrankenstign is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2017
Default

I just checked Amazon, and it can be ordered now---not pre-ordered.

That's why I asked Steve the question.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:10 AM   #3352
DawnShadow DawnShadow is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Aug 2014
36
430
104
1
60
Default

What does it matter if he wanted to let a few more people order it while the discs were dubbing? Probably faster and more convenient than dubbing them after the fact.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
curiouser1228 (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 05:19 AM   #3353
phrankenstign phrankenstign is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2017
Default

I'm sure Steve can answer a simple question without anyone's assistance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #3354
Steve Stanchfield Steve Stanchfield is online now
Special Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

Dawn gets it-- there's a bonus disc with Grots that took me a little while to dub; I promised to have the disc up on Amazon on a certain day.

Sorry they're not to everyone as of yet.

Noveltoons master is looking great. Sending to replication tomorrow I think!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
qfwfq (08-22-2019), WaverBoy (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #3355
DawnShadow DawnShadow is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Aug 2014
36
430
104
1
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankenstign View Post
I'm sure Steve can answer a simple question without anyone's assistance.
Yeah but that wouldn’t be any fun for me though would it? :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #3356
phrankenstign phrankenstign is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnShadow View Post
Yeah but that wouldn’t be any fun for me though would it? :P
I don't know what is "fun" to you.

I'd rather get answers to questions from the person I specifically designate. I thought the context of my question made it apparent who I was asking. In the future, I'll do my best to make it obvious who I'm directing a question to specifically or when I'd prefer to have anyone else give me their thoughts on a matter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #3357
Wataloon37 Wataloon37 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2019
Default

Steve, you mentioned on todays Cartoon Research post that three special sets just got finished. Which ones were they?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #3358
WaverBoy WaverBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
May 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stanchfield View Post
With so much going out the door finally, we can finally do this one:

Announcing a pretty different 'Special' set:

On Hold: Cool Things from Unfinished projects

This special disc (BDR) consists of things we're started that, for one reason or another, are not moving forward (but the things are so cool it's hard to just have them not get seen!). I've always wanted to do a disc like this.....

The films include:

Some commercials
A rare 1930s cartoon short
Films from a famous series that we've been trying to release since 2014
Two Episodes of a fun mid- 60's TV cartoon (from the Network's original negs, including commercials)
Films we've been cleaning up from a 30s series
Some really cool experimental shorts
All sorts of surprises!

It comes in a standard DVD case, below. The set is limited to 65 copies. It's $16.95 plus $3 shipping to US, $7 to Canada, $9 to all other countries. If you've ordered anything else shipping is free. Paypal is, as usual, steves@thunderbeananimation.com. Make sure to include your address and 'On Hold'.

Thanks to all for supporting all the Thunderbean sets, finished or never to be!

And...ordered! Really excited for this one! Thank you sir!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #3359
curiouser1228 curiouser1228 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jul 2017
St. Louis, MO
Default

Looking forward to it. I got my order in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #3360
DawnShadow DawnShadow is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Aug 2014
36
430
104
1
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankenstign View Post
I don't know what is "fun" to you.

I'd rather get answers to questions from the person I specifically designate. I thought the context of my question made it apparent who I was asking. In the future, I'll do my best to make it obvious who I'm directing a question to specifically or when I'd prefer to have anyone else give me their thoughts on a matter.
Don’t worry, that won’t throw me off Always happy to help, my friend!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 AM.