Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.50
1 hr ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
2 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
19 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 01-17-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012
Default Release Day Delivery

I noticed that Amazon no longer offers release day delivery for prime members. I have a feeling they offer it for an additional charge but it was include with your prime membership I'm the past.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:31 AM   #2

Dec 2009

Hmm this is interesting. The only time I ever seemed to get this was on games.

I thought you got this on preorder items. I never got it on any BD's I had preordered.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:57 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

I mentioned this once or twice on here around Christmas time, it seems to be a new thing within the last couple of months. After Christmas I tried to preorder 2 different March Blu-ray releases releases and it offered release day delivery. I went and added those same preorders to my cart just now and release day delivery is no longer offered.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:09 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

I ordered a CD and instead of getting release day delivery, it's not arriving until the following week.

I chatted with Amazon to ask if this was a change in policy but the representative just told me to talk to the manufacturer, which didn't make a lot of sense.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:10 AM   #5

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I mentioned this once or twice on here around Christmas time, it seems to be a new thing within the last couple of months. After Christmas I tried to preorder 2 different March Blu-ray releases releases and it offered release day delivery. I went and added those same preorders to my cart just now and release day delivery is no longer offered.
Amazon starting to lose that monopoly. I read and interesting article a few days ago about how Amazon is going to have to change it up again because the other B&M places have started to adapt.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 05:15 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Amazon starting to lose that monopoly. I read and interesting article a few days ago about how Amazon is going to have to change it up again because the other B&M places have started to adapt.
Dropping service isn't going to get them any new customers.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
I ordered a CD and instead of getting release day delivery, it's not arriving until the following week.

I chatted with Amazon to ask if this was a change in policy but the representative just told me to talk to the manufacturer, which didn't make a lot of sense.
If you were talking about a movie, I'd speculate it might be a new attempt to thwart physical sales, as lame as that would be. But it sounds like amazon might be having issues with sourcing on time, and they don't want to promise something they can't reliably deliver. Maybe producers aren't getting their product to the distributors as soon as they used to. Anyone heard any reports about disc replicators shutting down or downsizing?
Old 01-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #8
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
I saw that too, as well as the one months ago about Target really coming on strong. The problem with a lot of the seeming "amazon is in trouble" news out there, when you read/watch them, they really play more like a manipulative marketing ploy, as if to make you feel sorry for amazon and either be more understanding when your Christmas deliveries arrive late, or buy more in fear they're actually hurting. Which, if the later were true, they wouldn't have SO many delivery problems, such a drastically declining service... Of course they are supposedly essentially run by Costco rejects now, so who knows.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

The item was a pre-ordered CD.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:52 AM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
Maybe producers aren't getting their product to the distributors as soon as they used to. Anyone heard any reports about disc replicators shutting down or downsizing?
I think you're onto something here. Over the last year I have noticed that a lot of new releases immediately become backordered/OOS as soon as they come out. WB releases in particular. I can think of multiple DVD/Blu-ray discs where this has happened in recent times. Not bigger titles like Joker or IT Chapter 2 but some of the smaller releases like cartoons or Viz Media titles because WB is their distributor.

For example, I went to Amazon last Tuesday to order a Pokemon DVD that came out on the same day and it was on backorder for 2-5 weeks. This happens all of the time.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping