Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.50
1 hr ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
2 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
19 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 02-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #1

Feb 2010
Default Inexplicable delay in Walmart ship-to-store order

A week or so ago I pre-ordered Doctor Sleep 4K from Walmart, using the ship-to-store option. It was originally scheduled to be ready for pickup today, Feb. 5th (Already annoying, since I'd thought it would be available on release day), but this morning it changed to Thursday, Feb. 6th. According to the FedEx tracking number they provided, it was out for delivery this morning, but there was a "delivery exception", customer not available, and they'll try again tomorrow. I'm used to that sort of thing when they're delivering to my home, but this was being delivered directly to the Walmart store. This makes no sense to me, how could they have been unable to deliver to the Walmart store?
Old 02-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Maybe the weather was bad and caused a delay. I know it's flooding in parts of WV, VA, NC, and GA right now just to name a few places.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #3

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
Maybe the weather was bad and caused a delay. I know it's flooding in parts of WV, VA, NC, and GA right now just to name a few places.
No, both the Walmart and the FedEx location are local to me, and the weather was fine that day. The tracking information showed they made two failed delivery attempts that day. It did get delivered on the third attempt, the following morning. Walmart sent me a message saying it would be ready for pickup by 6:00 PM (Yesterday), but later sent another message saying it was delayed, and to check back later. At this point they've had the item at the store for nearly 24 hours, with no further indication of when it might be ready for pickup, nor any explanation for the delay. Frustrating.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

It's possible the delivery person is behind schedule with delivering packages and marked them incorrectly so as to not get dinged on their delivery quota.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Speaking from experience working at Target, perhaps Walmart has a sole individual in logistics that is responsible in signing for such items? Maybe that person wasn't available for some sort of circumstance and the delievery driver was unable to get authorization to leave it?

That is frustrating and dumb, though. FedEx truly is the worst.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #6

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertz523 View Post
Speaking from experience working at Target, perhaps Walmart has a sole individual in logistics that is responsible in signing for such items? Maybe that person wasn't available for some sort of circumstance and the delievery driver was unable to get authorization to leave it?
Yeah, that seems the most likely scenario; I finally did get the package today, though for whatever reason they sat on it for nearly 24 hours before they scanned it into their system and sent the pickup notice. I've had similar situations occur before with Walmart's ship-to-store service, I think I'll just not use it anymore.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping