Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K23 (PS5)
$24.99
1 day ago
No More Heroes 3 – Day 1 Edition (PS5)
$39.99

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5)
$48.36

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS5)
$39.19

Soul Hackers 2 (PS5)
$29.99
1 day ago
Forspoken (PS5)
$69.88

PAC-MAN World Re-PAC (PS5)
$18.99

One Piece Odyssey (PS5)
$58.90

Fallen Legion (PS5)
$39.99

Godfall (PS5)
$35.88
1 day ago
Dusk Diver 2 Launch Edition (PS5)
$39.99

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS5)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-05-2023, 01:31 AM   #401
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
I was ok with the focus on the story. The main story, anyway, as I otherwise got bored with the side missions/stories and skipped 'em. And you're right, I was I think 65% through and yet to feel I'd raided any big tombs. But bottom line, I just couldn't get through all the forced slow-walking.

When I last played FC6, there wasn't an option to go to 3rd person that I remember when firing rockets, it just kind'a did it on its own. 3rd person in safe zones was automatic, too. I couldn't switch out of it unless I left the area. Or maybe I totally misunderstood what you're saying and now I'm off in left field lol. And btw, I went to re-install FC6 and saw Ghost Recon: Breakpoint in my UBI library, so I installed that one as well. Did you ever get around to it? I seem to recall you didn't care for it because of the online requirement.
Thanks.

From the first PS4 remastered Tomb Raider from Crystal Dynamics, it kept seeming like they were saving the big tombs for the next game... And then when they made the next game, there still weren't any of those massive, epic tombs like in the earlier games. Just lots of these smaller mini-tombs and not that exciting because of it. The games mostly focus on set-pieces, where Lara runs and then breaks the ground as everything starts falling around her. She has to run and jump to survive in the moment.

I was replaying the exploration of Ghost Recon Wildlands just the other day on PS5 in semi-4K 30 fps. That game got much tougher, even on easy mode. You literally get hit two times and your character is dying on the ground, waiting for the team to revive. They changed it for the worst in one of those later updates. Still a cool game though despite some flaws.

As far as Far Cry 6, I installed it from the disc with zero updates. I've put in a good 10 hours, been to many camps and fired the back pack weapon several times, but not a single time has it ever switched to 3rd person. That's what I meant when I said I think I need to update the game to get the 3rd person feature. I think they added it after it was already printed onto the disc.

Breakpoint, I saw it as low as 4.99 a couple years ago digitally and disc, but because it requires online at all times, I couldn't get myself to spend that small amount. I was watching gameplay though, and it looks like it kind of went off target from the gameplay finesse of Wildlands. Like having to press a button to step up a step seems unusual. I would like to check out the landscape though, which looks decent.
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (01-05-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 03:51 PM   #402
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

finally beat FC6's main story! Lots of other stuff to do still though
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-13-2023), Zivouhr (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 04:22 PM   #403
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnigal View Post
TONS of stuff, trust me...I've been playing again, trying to snatch up all the goodies located throughout the map and they are tough to find without help!
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (01-19-2023), Zivouhr (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 04:51 PM   #404
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnigal View Post
Nice going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
TONS of stuff, trust me...I've been playing again, trying to snatch up all the goodies located throughout the map and they are tough to find without help!
Yes, tons of side quests and things to find and accomplish. A fun game overall. And very nicely polished in terms of quality. I am still running the disc without any updates and haven't had any issues yet. Other than slight screen tearing once in awhile. They really did finish the game when they pressed it onto the disc from what I've played so far.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-13-2023), red_5ive (01-19-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 05:16 PM   #405
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
And very nicely polished in terms of quality. I am still running the disc without any updates and haven't had any issues yet. Other than slight screen tearing once in awhile. They really did finish the game when they pressed it onto the disc from what I've played so far.
I couldn't agree more. While to a lesser extent than FC5, I just enjoy traveling the map just enjoying the scenery. The only reason why I say that is cuz I love the Pacific NW setting of FC5.
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (01-19-2023), Zivouhr (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 05:45 PM   #406
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. While to a lesser extent than FC5, I just enjoy traveling the map just enjoying the scenery. The only reason why I say that is cuz I love the Pacific NW setting of FC5.
The forest setting with the pine trees is really nice, agreed, in Far Cry 5.
I'll give that one another play round soon to see if my improved skills or the improved controls for aiming and firing are similar in FC5, where I remember having some trouble in close quarters indoors against enemies while aiming.

Far Cry 5, one thing I did notice is that enemies in trucks, as soon as they saw me pass in my vehicle, instantly recognized me and would start attacking. From the start of this FC6 game, I can pass them and thankfully they won't suspect my vehicle even on a motorcycle and leave me to explore without worry of attack, which is cool.

FC5 seems to have more animal attacks so far too.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-16-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 06:40 AM   #407
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Just started playing this (on PS4), enjoying it so far, still on the first island, only put about 3 hours in. It did irk me a bit in one of the first quests where you had to infiltrate a fuel dump and drain the fuel or something. I was sneaking around the enemy base and i hadn't gotten around to draining all the fuel tanks but when i killed the last guard, the guerillas suddenly took over the base and the mission was completed, without me even finishing the actual task i was sent to do. Hopefully that won't happen too much in the rest of the game, it's early days yet.

Looking forward to exploring the world.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-18-2023), Zivouhr (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 04:53 PM   #408
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Just started playing this (on PS4), enjoying it so far, still on the first island, only put about 3 hours in. It did irk me a bit in one of the first quests where you had to infiltrate a fuel dump and drain the fuel or something. I was sneaking around the enemy base and i hadn't gotten around to draining all the fuel tanks but when i killed the last guard, the guerillas suddenly took over the base and the mission was completed, without me even finishing the actual task i was sent to do. Hopefully that won't happen too much in the rest of the game, it's early days yet.

Looking forward to exploring the world.
From what I've played, there are a number of missions where you have to help during a battle alongside friendly companions firing at the enemies.

There was a boat mission with two giant boats, that had a big battle going on, and I had to eliminate some of the enemies but after I got to the second ship, the helpers got a lot of them for me.

Then a few smaller missions later, the main land was finally unlocked to explore. A few hours of gaming to get the main map opened, while in Far Cry 5, it only took an hour to get off that tiny island.
Thanks given by:
levcore (01-20-2023), RageATL (01-18-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 08:55 PM   #409
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Man, it is really tough to find all the hidden goodies in this game without online help or at least using you Ubisoft credits to buy a map to identify them.
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (01-25-2023), Zivouhr (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 10:23 PM   #410
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

The day/night cycle is nice in this game. Not too short like GTA3 at 24 minutes, but plenty of time to enjoy day/night. Ubisoft usually does a nice job with the timing of their day/night cycles.

Quote:
Man, it is really tough to find all the hidden goodies in this game without online help or at least using you Ubisoft credits to buy a map to identify them.
That's true, I only found a few rare items and cover a lot of the map.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-24-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 02:15 AM   #411
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
That's true, I only found a few rare items and cover a lot of the map.
I have anywhere from like 3-6 items in each region and I swear, I've uncovered the vast majority of the map (little to no dark parts). It's gonna take the speed uranium runs with Lola to get up enough Ubisoft points to purchase more maps to finish it off.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 11:43 PM   #412
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I have anywhere from like 3-6 items in each region and I swear, I've uncovered the vast majority of the map (little to no dark parts). It's gonna take the speed uranium runs with Lola to get up enough Ubisoft points to purchase more maps to finish it off.
Yes, not easy at all. Best of luck, RageATL!

I have to check to see what the updates offer, but will try to get further into the game before downloading them. I did see some free DLC missions.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 01:16 PM   #413
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Played a few more hours now, lots to do. I don't like how when you track a mission, you then have to manually add a tracker to it on the map to get a path on your mini map to follow (this isn't unique to Far Cry 6 though, i had to do the same with Watch Dogs Legion).

Anyway great world to explore i'm sure i've only scratched the surface. Those resolver weapons seem a bit gimmicky though and i find i am just using more standard weapons.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 01:57 PM   #414
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Those resolver weapons seem a bit gimmicky though and i find i am just using more standard weapons.
Only time I ever use mine is for tanks and/or helicopters.
Thanks given by:
levcore (01-26-2023), red_5ive (01-26-2023), Zivouhr (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 07:08 PM   #415
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Played a few more hours now, lots to do. I don't like how when you track a mission, you then have to manually add a tracker to it on the map to get a path on your mini map to follow (this isn't unique to Far Cry 6 though, i had to do the same with Watch Dogs Legion).

Anyway great world to explore i'm sure i've only scratched the surface. Those resolver weapons seem a bit gimmicky though and i find i am just using more standard weapons.
They're good for situational uses, but I don't use them as a daily driver. Like the Zeusito, which is basically an EMP. Good for disabling vehicles from a distance. It would be nice if it worked on alarms, though.

They do take a weapon slot of course, but since you're allowed to swap your weapons on the go, it's a non-issue.

Quote:
Only time I ever use mine is for tanks and/or helicopters.
I like to use the Volta sumpremo on tanks since they tend to wander in right in the middle of a fight. Then jump on the tank and take it out with a grenade. But like the resolver weapons they're situational, in which case I think one of the best uses for the supremo is for the mods.

Last edited by red_5ive; 01-26-2023 at 07:19 PM.
Thanks given by:
levcore (01-27-2023), RageATL (01-26-2023), Zivouhr (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 07:20 PM   #416
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

I think I need to update Far Cry 6. I'm not getting the 3rd person mode at all when I enter camps or fire the backpack weapon. First person always. I believe that is something they added after the game was pressed onto the disc. I'll update it asap.
Thanks given by:
levcore (01-27-2023), RageATL (01-26-2023), red_5ive (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 11:33 PM   #417
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
I think I need to update Far Cry 6. I'm not getting the 3rd person mode at all when I enter camps or fire the backpack weapon. First person always. I believe that is something they added after the game was pressed onto the disc. I'll update it asap.
I used to keep my PS4 offline as much as I could, but man now on PS5 even the freakin' controllers need to be updated. I gave up and just leave it connected now lol. Not suggesting you do the same or anything. That was just passed my threshold I guess.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 02:05 AM   #418
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
I used to keep my PS4 offline as much as I could, but man now on PS5 even the freakin' controllers need to be updated. I gave up and just leave it connected now lol. Not suggesting you do the same or anything. That was just passed my threshold I guess.
Thanks. Yes, you're right about the controller even needing to be updated. Thankfully, whenever I want to buy a new game, I usually finally get around to updating all the major games I've been playing recently.

This one definitely deserves an update though.
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 11:20 AM   #419
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

The 3rd person stuff seems pointless. Either offer the option of playing the whole game in either 1st or 3rd person or just go with one mode for the whole game imo.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-29-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 05:58 PM   #420
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
The 3rd person stuff seems pointless. Either offer the option of playing the whole game in either 1st or 3rd person or just go with one mode for the whole game imo.
Yes, I wish they gave the gamer an option this time, since they felt the 3rd person view was important enough to finally show in a Far Cry game, but then went halfway on it, only showing it during camps or backpack options.

I play most games in 3rd person if I have the option, and only first person if indoors in narrow hallways.
Thanks given by:
levcore (01-30-2023)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5