Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$49.94

Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$38.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$19.00

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$36.96

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$18.00

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$36.31

Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$39.09
9 hrs ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$33.35

Observer: System Redux (Xbox XS)
$29.99

The Medium (Xbox XS)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #141
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

D-1.

I read somewhere that it will be available globally at NA/EST at 11am.

A big write-up on XBSX/S version here.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...ox-series-x-s/
Thanks given by:
heyadol (07-26-2021), jayturner514 (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #142
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

This low speed airplane looks unique and has great cockpit view for sight seeing! I think I'll buy it.

https://bitmunchies.com/orbx-ea-7-ed...ght-simulator/

Last edited by GRD43L; 07-26-2021 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #143
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

DL was 100GB+ just to get it started. Additional World Update DLs available. Purchasable items are already available (Typhoon Eurofighter!) and quite pricey.

MSFL2020 simply looks unbelievable. OM(S)G. First thing I did was to take a tour flight over Naples/Italy; the city/area looks phenomenally good.

It is going to take a while to get used to doing everything with handheld controller. Played for about 2 hrs going through the initial training sessions. Many commands are button combos so I hope there is a summary sheet somewhere to print. Keyboard+mouse can be used but I want to be able to do all only using the controller, for now.

Tried taking a flight around my neighbourhood in Icon and the area is reasonably modelled. It's a small town so the resolution is poor but the recognizable buildings are admirably reproduced. Then it booted me out of the game while I was descending to land on water.

Last edited by GRD43L; 07-28-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:55 PM   #144

Jul 2021

Dumb question but how much do we get with the free version. I wasn’t expecting to fly out of SFO (not on basic PC I thought) and lots of free download. Tokyo etc

After checking I can fly out of Denver as well and that’s supposed to be in the deluxe version. However I don’t have the airplanes included in the deluxe

Last edited by MtnMan; 07-28-2021 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #145
Special Member

Feb 2014
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
DL was 100GB+ just to get it started. Additional World Update DLs available. Purchasable items are already available (Typhoon Eurofighter!) and quite pricey.

MSFL2020 simply looks unbelievable. OM(S)G. First thing I did was to take a tour flight over Naples/Italy; the city/area looks phenomenally good.

It is going to take a while to get used to doing everything with handheld controller. Played for about 2 hrs going through the initial training sessions. Many commands are button combos so I hope there is a summary sheet somewhere to print. Keyboard+mouse can be used but I want to be able to do all only using the controller, for now.

Tried taking a flight around my neighbourhood in Icon and the area is reasonably modelled. It's a small town so the resolution is poor but the recognizable buildings are admirably reproduced. Then it booted me out of the game while I was descending to land on water.
you can uninstall the offline mode to save about half the space......assuming you dont have isp data caps
Old 07-29-2021, 01:32 PM   #146
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
Dumb question but how much do we get with the free version. I wasn’t expecting to fly out of SFO (not on basic PC I thought) and lots of free download. Tokyo etc

After checking I can fly out of Denver as well and that’s supposed to be in the deluxe version. However I don’t have the airplanes included in the deluxe
Free version includes the default auto generated world + all the airports, which includes the auto generated Denver airport. Purchased airports have manual work done to match real life details and textures.

Free version also includes (free) World Updates you can download, such as Paris, GB, etc. These seem to be about X GBs each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlCtrlFast View Post
you can uninstall the offline mode to save about half the space......assuming you dont have isp data caps
I've got plenty of SSD space & have no ISP cap so very safe!

My 2nd day activities were limited to the Flight School lessons. Got through 1st 5 lessons easily with 'A' rating on first or second attempt. On 6th lesson, trying to get 'A' rating on the approach + landing.

It also hung up once while I was trying to exit one of the lessons. The lesson finish screen came up with stuck cursor, no buttons to press, and the only button responding was the 'Home' button.

Last edited by GRD43L; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:12 PM   #147

Jul 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
Free version includes the default auto generated world + all the airports, which includes the auto generated Denver airport. Purchased airports have manual work done to match real life details and textures.

Free version also includes (free) World Updates you can download, such as Paris, GB, etc. These seem to be about 6+GBs each.

I've got plenty of SSD space & have no ISP cap so very safe!

My 2nd day activities were limited to the Flight School lessons. Got through 1st 5 lessons easily with 'A' rating on first or second attempt. On 6th lesson, trying to get 'A' rating on the approach + landing.

It also hung up once while I was trying to exit one of the lessons. The lesson finish screen came up with stuck cursor, no buttons to press, and the only button responding was the 'Home' button.

I was rocking mostly As but as having trouble with the trim or horizon as the button is so sensitive
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #148
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Watched DFs early video.

Game looks so chill & relaxing. Id get this for sure if I had an SX.
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #149
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
I was rocking mostly As but as having trouble with the trim or horizon as the button is so sensitive
Know what you mean. It's hard to tell 'how much' of trim you have put in. Same with throttle. It's much easier to see it from outside of plane view but that feels like cheating... but I do use that view because it feels so free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Watched DFs early video.

Game looks so chill & relaxing. Id get this for sure if I had an SX.
I watched that too. I'm going to move my X up from basement and hook it up to the living room 65" this weekend for a bigger visual impact.

There are also downloadable 'bush trips' which requires taking a long distance, off-the-beaten-path trip broken into shorter flights. Sounds fun.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X