Best Xbox SX Games Deals


Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$49.94
 
Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$38.99
 
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$19.00
 
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$36.96
 
The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$18.00
 
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$36.31
 
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$39.09
9 hrs ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Xbox XS)
$39.99
 
Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$33.35
 
Observer: System Redux (Xbox XS)
$29.99
 
The Medium (Xbox XS)
$49.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #141
GRD43L GRD43L is offline
Special Member
 
GRD43L's Avatar
 
Sep 2018
Region A
22
200
4
Default

D-1.

I read somewhere that it will be available globally at NA/EST at 11am.

A big write-up on XBSX/S version here.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...ox-series-x-s/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
heyadol (07-26-2021), jayturner514 (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #142
GRD43L GRD43L is offline
Special Member
 
GRD43L's Avatar
 
Sep 2018
Region A
22
200
4
Default

This low speed airplane looks unique and has great cockpit view for sight seeing! I think I'll buy it.

https://bitmunchies.com/orbx-ea-7-ed...ght-simulator/



Last edited by GRD43L; 07-26-2021 at 03:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #143
GRD43L GRD43L is offline
Special Member
 
GRD43L's Avatar
 
Sep 2018
Region A
22
200
4
Default

DL was 100GB+ just to get it started. Additional World Update DLs available. Purchasable items are already available (Typhoon Eurofighter!) and quite pricey.

MSFL2020 simply looks unbelievable. OM(S)G. First thing I did was to take a tour flight over Naples/Italy; the city/area looks phenomenally good.

It is going to take a while to get used to doing everything with handheld controller. Played for about 2 hrs going through the initial training sessions. Many commands are button combos so I hope there is a summary sheet somewhere to print. Keyboard+mouse can be used but I want to be able to do all only using the controller, for now.

Tried taking a flight around my neighbourhood in Icon and the area is reasonably modelled. It's a small town so the resolution is poor but the recognizable buildings are admirably reproduced. Then it booted me out of the game while I was descending to land on water.

Last edited by GRD43L; 07-28-2021 at 03:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:55 PM   #144
MtnMan MtnMan is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2021
Default

Dumb question but how much do we get with the free version. I wasn’t expecting to fly out of SFO (not on basic PC I thought) and lots of free download. Tokyo etc

After checking I can fly out of Denver as well and that’s supposed to be in the deluxe version. However I don’t have the airplanes included in the deluxe

Last edited by MtnMan; 07-28-2021 at 08:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #145
CtrlCtrlFast CtrlCtrlFast is offline
Special Member
 
CtrlCtrlFast's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Michigan
59
178
695
289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
DL was 100GB+ just to get it started. Additional World Update DLs available. Purchasable items are already available (Typhoon Eurofighter!) and quite pricey.

MSFL2020 simply looks unbelievable. OM(S)G. First thing I did was to take a tour flight over Naples/Italy; the city/area looks phenomenally good.

It is going to take a while to get used to doing everything with handheld controller. Played for about 2 hrs going through the initial training sessions. Many commands are button combos so I hope there is a summary sheet somewhere to print. Keyboard+mouse can be used but I want to be able to do all only using the controller, for now.

Tried taking a flight around my neighbourhood in Icon and the area is reasonably modelled. It's a small town so the resolution is poor but the recognizable buildings are admirably reproduced. Then it booted me out of the game while I was descending to land on water.
you can uninstall the offline mode to save about half the space......assuming you dont have isp data caps
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:32 PM   #146
GRD43L GRD43L is offline
Special Member
 
GRD43L's Avatar
 
Sep 2018
Region A
22
200
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
Dumb question but how much do we get with the free version. I wasn’t expecting to fly out of SFO (not on basic PC I thought) and lots of free download. Tokyo etc

After checking I can fly out of Denver as well and that’s supposed to be in the deluxe version. However I don’t have the airplanes included in the deluxe
Free version includes the default auto generated world + all the airports, which includes the auto generated Denver airport. Purchased airports have manual work done to match real life details and textures.

Free version also includes (free) World Updates you can download, such as Paris, GB, etc. These seem to be about X GBs each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlCtrlFast View Post
you can uninstall the offline mode to save about half the space......assuming you dont have isp data caps
I've got plenty of SSD space & have no ISP cap so very safe!

My 2nd day activities were limited to the Flight School lessons. Got through 1st 5 lessons easily with 'A' rating on first or second attempt. On 6th lesson, trying to get 'A' rating on the approach + landing.

It also hung up once while I was trying to exit one of the lessons. The lesson finish screen came up with stuck cursor, no buttons to press, and the only button responding was the 'Home' button.

Last edited by GRD43L; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:12 PM   #147
MtnMan MtnMan is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
Free version includes the default auto generated world + all the airports, which includes the auto generated Denver airport. Purchased airports have manual work done to match real life details and textures.

Free version also includes (free) World Updates you can download, such as Paris, GB, etc. These seem to be about 6+GBs each.


I've got plenty of SSD space & have no ISP cap so very safe!

My 2nd day activities were limited to the Flight School lessons. Got through 1st 5 lessons easily with 'A' rating on first or second attempt. On 6th lesson, trying to get 'A' rating on the approach + landing.

It also hung up once while I was trying to exit one of the lessons. The lesson finish screen came up with stuck cursor, no buttons to press, and the only button responding was the 'Home' button.


I was rocking mostly As but as having trouble with the trim or horizon as the button is so sensitive
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #148
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Watched DFs early video.

Game looks so chill & relaxing. Id get this for sure if I had an SX.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #149
GRD43L GRD43L is offline
Special Member
 
GRD43L's Avatar
 
Sep 2018
Region A
22
200
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
I was rocking mostly As but as having trouble with the trim or horizon as the button is so sensitive
Know what you mean. It's hard to tell 'how much' of trim you have put in. Same with throttle. It's much easier to see it from outside of plane view but that feels like cheating... but I do use that view because it feels so free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Watched DFs early video.

Game looks so chill & relaxing. Id get this for sure if I had an SX.
I watched that too. I'm going to move my X up from basement and hook it up to the living room 65" this weekend for a bigger visual impact.

There are also downloadable 'bush trips' which requires taking a long distance, off-the-beaten-path trip broken into shorter flights. Sounds fun.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 PM.