Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Children of the Corn 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
9 hrs ago
High Sierra (Blu-ray)
$27.99
6 hrs ago
Old 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Cold War Creatures: Four Films from Sam Katzman (Blu-ray)
$79.99
7 hrs ago
The Incredible Shrinking Man (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Small Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$6.96
22 hrs ago
The Phantasm Sphere Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$21.99

The Stand (Blu-ray)
$29.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #4721
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
Yep! I can confirm that this actually did work! I’m surprised HBO Max hasn’t shown up on the U.S. LG Content Store. Is it some kind of licensing issue/partnership with Samsung?? None the less, it’s nice to finally have HBO Max on my LG C9. The only thing I worry about is that it won’t update if there is one available since it was an app from the Mexico Store.
Just a little update on this: Although you can download HBO Max by changing your location to Mexico, download it from the LG Content Mexico App, the change it back to the US, the app is buggy. In fact, while I am playing a movie, the loading/buffering circles keep popping up in the lower-center part of the screen. And I have great internet connection. I’ve looked this issue up and apparently it happens when the app doesn’t work very well with the device. Meaning I don’t think US LG TVs were meant to have it installed.

None the less, it’s nice that you can download it. Just don’t expect it to run perfectly. LG really needs to push HBO to licensing to use the app in their US store!!
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #4722
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I have no issues here in NY. The App works perfect using wi fi via Verizon.
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #4723
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
I have no issues here in NY. The App works perfect using wi fi via Verizon.
Thatís the thing, the connection is fine and dandy for me. The only problem I have the loading circles. They are constantly popping up every 10-15 seconds or so when watching a movie/tv show. It doesnít do that on my Xbox HBO Max app or iOS app. They are in the lower, center part of screen. I have looked it up and itís apparently an issue with the app that was only fixed on the approved devices. I have this funny feeling the App thatís available in the LG Mexico Region Content App is an older app and needs updating. That or it just doesnít work 100% with US devices. LG really needs to get on that!
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #4724
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Thatís the thing, the connection is fine and dandy for me. The only problem I have the loading circles. They are constantly popping up every 10-15 seconds or so when watching a movie/tv show. It doesnít do that on my Xbox HBO Max app or iOS app. They are in the lower, center part of screen. I have looked it up and itís apparently an issue with the app that was only fixed on the approved devices. I have this funny feeling the App thatís available in the LG Mexico Region Content App is an older app and needs updating. That or it just doesnít work 100% with US devices. LG really needs to get on that!
Just got home and tried to play Justice League the Snyder Cut and HBO Max app I downloaded from the Mexico LG Content App wouldnít even trigger Dolby Vision. Airplaying it to the TV triggered it though. Clearly, the app is either really, really buggy or not meant to be used in the U.S.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #4725
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Another Update to the HBO Max situation: Iím talking to LG US on Twitter and they claim all US LG TVs with Web OS 4.0 or higher should be able to get HBO Max. That doesnít make sense since it doesnít show up on the LG Content App. Something just doesnít add up.
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #4726

Dec 2010
North Palm Beach

Quote:
Another Update to the HBO Max situation: Iím talking to LG US on Twitter and they claim all US LG TVs with Web OS 4.0 or higher should be able to get HBO Max. That doesnít make sense since it doesnít show up on the LG Content App. Something just doesnít add up.
Yeah, a search on the Content doesn't show Max exists
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #4727
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

The Max App plays fine on both my C7 and my E8. The only issue is no DV on the C7. Circles usually mean it's buffering so your internet speed may be too slow to play back via the TV's wi fi connection. I have the same issue with Plex. 4K is fine via Roku or Amazon firestick but constant rebuffering like you get via the tv's app.My speed is 948 down 936 upload to my router via verizon speed test.

Last edited by punisher; Today at 02:07 PM.
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #4728
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
The Max App plays fine on both my C7 and my E8. The only issue is no DV on the C7. Circles usually mean it's buffering so your internet speed may be too slow to play back via the TV's wi fi connection. I have the same issue with Plex. 4K is fine via Roku or Amazon firestick but constant rebuffering like you get via the tv's app.My speed is 948 down 936 upload to my router via verizon speed test.
I donít have issues with any of my other apps when playing things on my TV. Plus the ďwas playing Dolby Vision and now itís notĒ proves itís a buggy app. I have a C9 and itís updated to the latest firmware. My internet connection is very fast. I usually get at least 230 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. It also doesnít make sense to me that I can run it better on my older Xbox One (original Xbox One mind you) and my iPhone but not on my TV. To me itís buggy. And the lack of support from LG proves that.
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #4729
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I agree we need a US release of the App for LG tv's. If it works for you as it does for me that's ok for now but there is no reason we don't have our own version. I have a Roku and a 4k Firestick so I have it all covered..still..how about a little help LG
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs