Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Children of the Corn 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
9 hrs ago
Old 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
High Sierra (Blu-ray)
$27.99
7 hrs ago
Cold War Creatures: Four Films from Sam Katzman (Blu-ray)
$79.99
7 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Small Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$6.96
22 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Incredible Shrinking Man (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
The Phantasm Sphere Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$21.99

The Stand (Blu-ray)
$29.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #24581

Jan 2021
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_MOVIES View Post
Just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who recommended and reviewed Art of the Dead. I watched it (it's on TUBI) and found it pretty entertaining. Just know that the film is very much low-budget and it has a bizarre almost goofy feel to it. Not only does it have actors in monster suits like it's been mentioned but the dialogue plays up the weirdness and the filmmakers aren't afraid to try crazy sh*t. It's enjoyable in that I can't-believe-I'm seeing-what-I'm-seeing way. It helps that the film has a sense of humor about it.

I actually didn't know the same director made a movie called The Black Room, which I saw a few years back and has a similar vibe. Except Art of the Dead is the better movie. The one thing I will say is that Art of the Dead title is a bad choice. I automatically thought it was a zombie movie in an art gallery or something, which it's not.
Guy definitely has a sense of humor. Looking through his credits, I found another movie I've seen written and directed by him: Nightmare Man. It's part of the 8 Films to Die For series, of which I think I've seen all of. Don't remember the tone of this movie (or really anything much), I'll have to revisit it. Check out his writer credits, I was surprised to find that he's written for diverse genres.

At the risk of being totally redundant, I can't recommend There's Nothing Out There! more highly if you're a fan of meta horror. It is a riot. Vinegar Syndrome put out an edition. Technically it's a Troma film, though it doesn't really have a Troma vibe (Rolfe passed on an offer, then they picked it up after the fact, so not a Troma production).

Last edited by walletboyniac; 07-29-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Thanks given by:
G_MOVIES (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 10:52 PM   #24582

Sep 2019
L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walletboyniac View Post
Guy definitely has a sense of humor. Looking through his credits, I found another movie I've seen written and directed by him: Nightmare Man. It's part of the 8 Films to Die For series, of which I think I've seen all of. Don't remember the tone of this movie (or really anything much), I'll have to revisit it. Check out his writer credits, I was surprised to find that he's written for diverse genres.

At the risk of being totally redundant, I can't recommend There's Nothing Out There! more highly if you're a fan of meta horror. It is a riot. Vinegar Syndrome put out an edition. Technically it's a Troma film, though it doesn't really have a Troma vibe (Rolfe passed on an offer, then they picked it up after the fact, so not a Troma production).
Oh, I've seen There's Nothing Out There. If I'm not mistaken I rented the DVD from Netflix before I switched to streaming (lol). It's crazy to think that movie came out 30 years ago. It was a different era, so of course his films look different, but I guess I can see a similar humorous vibe. What I think he's also good at is doing the best he can with no budget.

That movie The Black Room has Natasha Henstridge (Species) and a few of the actors from Art of the Dead. The only problem with it is it doesn't get too crazy. In Art of the Dead they really go for it, and it's a much better movie as a result.
Thanks given by:
walletboyniac (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #24583

Jun 2020

Anybody know if the cds have a sticker that say a drop date i haven't seen them in mi yet
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #24584
Power Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
Anybody know if the cds have a sticker that say a drop date i haven't seen them in mi yet
I checked the store closest to me yesterday which typically puts things out pretty promptly and they also didn't have anything.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #24585
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Picked up Dark Was the Night on Blu, starring Marisa Tomei & Timothy Olyphant. Never seen this, but it looks like a decent thriller.

Also got the 2-CD soundtrack to the film Babel (2006). Haven't heard it yet, but from what I remember of the film it primarily featured ambient/trance music. Looking forward to listening to this.
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #24586
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2011
Somewhere else now.
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

I'm assuming that it is too early to know when the next shipment and release is?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals