Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Callisto Protocol (PS5)
$49.99

Marvel's Midnight Suns (PS5)
$49.99

Forspoken (PS5)
$69.88

Fallen Legion (PS5)
$39.99

Syberia: The World Before (PS5)
$29.99

Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5)
$34.99

New Tales from the Borderlands Deluxe Edition (PS5)
$19.99

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS5)
$29.99

Arcadegeddon (PS5)
$19.99

Greedfall (PS5)
$14.38

Need for Speed Unbound (PS5)
$39.99

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (PS5)
$29.92

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old Today, 01:09 AM   #1121
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I know you highlighted my weapons but i disagree that's the issue. The Uchigatana's scaled for my bleed build with the ash of war and the main Nagakiba is designed for the thrusting with a cold frost and bleed build up. So they actually are really well scaled in terms of their base power. You even highlighted having like a +5 weapon against higher level enemies, but there's no way you can say a +21 weapon with a level 211 with 80 Dexterity, 71 Arcane is making things for myself more difficult. The games NPCs just hit like trucks.

I have meticulously tried to OP myself and i literally cannot improve my weapons higher until i hit Farum Azula and grab tbe higher level bell bearings and the shard from Alexander to boost skill attacks by 15%. So there's still some improvements to be made but i'm 100% not using a weak set up by any means. I also have Veterans armour with a Bull Goat gauntlets set up with only the mask set up as White Mask Varre to boost my bleed attacks.

Again, i do think the enemies in this game are genuinely set up to punish you. I could hit some enemies and they do a combo wham bam chase attack like those damn imps or the cats in the catacombs that just do jumping spam attacks that stun you and lock you onto the ground with barely any chance to heal or move out of range.

You genuinely cannot look at this game and think it doesn't have an insane difficulty at times with how some enemies attack.

You can disagree all you want but the on paper stats they show don't always translate to the gameplay hence why they're always patching making adjustments like hoarfrost stomp carian, comet, etc. and still to the day the Rivers of blood special attack still is wildly OP compared to weapons that on the stat sheet shouldn't be as powerful as they are. Maybe they'll fix it one day, maybe they won't

Only one of us here gets a high off thinking hes great cause he wastes his life exploring maps so I'm certainly not trying to get some ego trip like that person by saying its easy, I'm just saying the weapons and methods are there to make this game quite easy with some decent movements and setups that maximize what the patches are giving you

I wouldn't want anyone to waste 1000000000000000000 hours of their life exploring maps and thinking its too difficult to 100%

Quote:
Again, i do think the enemies in this game are genuinely set up to punish you. I could hit some enemies and they do a combo wham bam chase attack like those damn imps or the cats in the catacombs that just do jumping spam attacks that stun you and lock you onto the ground with barely any chance to heal or move out of range..
I mean yes even at level 400 wondering around volcano manor the other day I smoked by two of the snakes... Meanwhile I could probably play every boss in a row up to the fire giant and not even waste half my heals... SO yeah theres just some times you're gonna die or its gonna break the wrong way

as someone else mentioned those double knights on horses together... Still give me trouble, but again theres ways to mitigate it

Last edited by supersix4; Today at 01:20 AM.
Old Today, 01:25 AM   #1122
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Level 211 with the following stats:

Vigor - 40 (1st Soft Cap Limit)
Mind 22 - I'm not a magic build, so just enough FP for summons/skills
Endurance 40 - To help me wear heavier armour, my dual wields and charms etc.
Strength 18 - Just enough to wield my weapons as i'm primarily using Dex weapons
Dexterity 80 - The upper cap basically for this stat
Intelligence 10 - Just at what i needed to use a skill/summon etc. as not magic build
Faith 8 - Pretty much left as is on starting Samurai class for same reason as above
Arcane 72 - Scaling this towards 80 to help stack huge damage for my Blood Blade Ash of War Uchigatana and Repeating Thrusting for easily activating my Frost Damage/Bleed Debuff on bosses.
So this about sums up the issue lol Scaling for Uchigatana (Idk about the other one I never started with that).... Is "B" for Strength and "B" for Dex

Scaling for Rivers is E for Strength, B for Dex and D for arc

I bet if you used a tear and dumped 22 of that Arc into strength you'd see a massive improvement into what you're doing...

You literally have a "B" category scale 7 levels above the minimum

So I just looked up the other one you mentioned it says
Scaling
Str D
Dex C

so you have two weapons that aren't feeling a true benefit from your 80 Arc.. Bet if you dumped that 80 in strength (go get a larval tear and switch the stats around at raya academ the lime grave giant has a tear and there are others if you wanna switch it back)

Both those weapons combined or whatever your doing would see a masssssssive benefit (without all the tricks of ashes needed etc)

Need to look at that Attribute scaling like school grades A,B,C,D,E and - at the bottom...

Last edited by supersix4; Today at 01:42 AM.
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #1123
Expert Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Level 211 with the following stats:

Vigor - 40 (1st Soft Cap Limit)
Mind 22 - I'm not a magic build, so just enough FP for summons/skills
Endurance 40 - To help me wear heavier armour, my dual wields and charms etc.
Strength 18 - Just enough to wield my weapons as i'm primarily using Dex weapons
Dexterity 80 - The upper cap basically for this stat
Intelligence 10 - Just at what i needed to use a skill/summon etc. as not magic build
Faith 8 - Pretty much left as is on starting Samurai class for same reason as above
Arcane 72 - Scaling this towards 80 to help stack huge damage for my Blood Blade Ash of War Uchigatana and Repeating Thrusting for easily activating my Frost Damage/Bleed Debuff on bosses.

Right now, my set up is significantly geared towards a dual wield melee bleed build, but there's no way anybody can look at that and say bar maybe the fact i have Radagon's Soeseal which scales my Vigor, Endurance, Strength and Dex by 5 points on top of the one's i listed above which are base stats, but increases my damage taken by 15% which i know is a handicap should still be putting me at a damage output disadvantage. I know i take more damage as a trade off but i am barely denting some regular enemies it seems at times.

The soreseal is going to get dropped soon for Alexander's Shard and i'm going to start activating Godrick's Great Rune for the stat boosts instead as you don't take the damage penalty.

That said, i have a level +18 Uchigatana and +21 Nagakiba boosted with the high Dex/Arcane setup using Occult and Cold affinity and its still rough going at times, but 85% of the time i would say things are easier. However, that 15% of the time is probably more for most people who aren't like level 211 like i am.

Honestly bud, i understand what you're saying but with bosses, i would recommend using a roll away and keeping the button pushed to sprint to a further distance. The first Flask activations slow as heck, so once you have distance you can stack two quick heals if you keep double tapping the button. My other recommendation is to find a guide and go round collecting the golden seeds you can easily using Torrent to gallop past enemies and grab the sacred tears to boost how much you heal back but getting hit whilst healing will mean you take damage and heal far less.

I wouldn't tell you to pack in and sell you PS5 at all. It's just one game bud and tbh, you've done really well to stick with it for a 100 hours, but i would seriously urge you to maybe start thinking of using a glitch method to level up. Have you killed the big ancient dragon near Fort Faroth yet? If not, then you can do an XP glitch if you time it well to get 50k easy runes per kill and rest quickly at the site of grace nearby to reset the kill so he doesn't despawn and rinse/repeat to get more levels.

I use the Moghwyn Blood Dynaaty glitch myself and it gave 100k+ runes at a time with the 20% Golden Scarab XP boost. If you also manage to get that, you can also boost XP gains.

I would say a large problem you have right now is probably that you need to sit down and do a bit of research on what play style you want to go with and find guides to build your character to that and also level up more and get better equipment. That's how i've made the game i would say despite some challenges a significantly easier cakewalk. I didn't just cakewalk Radahn but felt like i didn't even know why people were complaining and that's probably over 40 levels ago from where i am now
That's good advice given...

Have you come across the 'Flask of Wondrous Physick', I don't remember anyone mentioning it.

That was something I used in every boss fight. My mixing items were thing I used as an Astrologer.

For you I would have to give up the talisman that has any negative effect.

Plus was supersix4 said

Last edited by superpacman; Today at 01:38 AM.
Thanks given by:
supersix4 (Today)
Old Today, 01:39 AM   #1124
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman View Post
That's good advice given...

Have you come across the 'Flask of Wondrous Physick', I don't remember anyone mentioning it.

For you I would have to give up the talisman that has any negative effect.
These two things 1000%.. Crimsonbust crystal tear seems to last the longest and always seems to keep your health in the game with the slow restore. I know the take no damage one is only good for 1-2 big hits. But that flask is a must.

I think it was my ng+2 or +3 to finish the 100% before they changed Elden beast when he'd swim across the damn map and they'd patched Carian that I was tired of farming tired of it all and tried that talisman and the amount of damage I took relative to the gains was soooo noticeable on that first part of the boss fight
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5