Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 11 is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Jurassic World: 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
The Meg 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Meg (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2018, 06:02 AM   #421
SineMan SineMan is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
Eastern Mass
-5
Default

Thank you all! I will try again...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:50 AM   #422
SineMan SineMan is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
Eastern Mass
-5
Default

It finally worked after several tries! However, the free gift I picked out, somehow didn't end up on the receipt. I sent them an email with my order # and asked for it to be included, but I'm still satisfied knowing that this is only a charity site. Thank you all again!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #423
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
131
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMan View Post
It finally worked after several tries! However, the free gift I picked out, somehow didn't end up on the receipt. I sent them an email with my order # and asked for it to be included, but I'm still satisfied knowing that this is only a charity site. Thank you all again!
I'm not sure anyone has gotten confirmation of the free item since 6pm Thursday. A number of posts from late last night said theirs disappeared at checkout or didn't show up in the order summary.

I tried 6-8 times 8pm Thursday to load/reload, make sure it was listed, but as soon as I got to the order screen it wasn't there. Went back -- delete, reload, update, confirm it there, update, make sure it stayed -- checkout it disappeared. I finally just put the order through and sent an email.

This afternoon, same thing happened -- different item, confirmed 2 or 3 different times it was loaded in the cart (even bumped me over the shipping tier until I deleted a diff item), but as soon as I got to the Checkout/pay screen it wasn't there. Gave up at that point, added a different items and deleted the Free item to max the shipping tier and checked out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #424
SineMan SineMan is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
Eastern Mass
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I'm not sure anyone has gotten confirmation of the free item since 6pm Thursday. A number of posts from late last night said theirs disappeared at checkout or didn't show up in the order summary.

I tried 6-8 times 8pm Thursday to load/reload, make sure it was listed, but as soon as I got to the order screen it wasn't there. Went back -- delete, reload, update, confirm it there, update, make sure it stayed -- checkout it disappeared. I finally just put the order through and sent an email.

This afternoon, same thing happened -- different item, confirmed 2 or 3 different times it was loaded in the cart (even bumped me over the shipping tier until I deleted a diff item), but as soon as I got to the Checkout/pay screen it wasn't there. Gave up at that point, added a different items and deleted the Free item to max the shipping tier and checked out.

Wow! What a hassle! Hopefully, they do send it after the email (just for the hassle and the waste of time).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #425
kenbenobi kenbenobi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin
1475
126
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMan View Post
It finally worked after several tries! However, the free gift I picked out, somehow didn't end up on the receipt. I sent them an email with my order # and asked for it to be included, but I'm still satisfied knowing that this is only a charity site. Thank you all again!
I placed a 2nd order last night. It was acting wonky like people have stated (jumping back to the Shipping Address page after entering the cc info). I noticed the free gift wasn't on my final confirmation page, before I clicked the order button. I tried restarting the process several times, then decided Oz must be sold out. So I then selected Mandela instead, and then on the final confirmation page it suddenly showed Oz!!! So I placed my order, and got Oz free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #426
kenbenobi kenbenobi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin
1475
126
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I'm not sure anyone has gotten confirmation of the free item since 6pm Thursday. A number of posts from late last night said theirs disappeared at checkout or didn't show up in the order summary.

I tried 6-8 times 8pm Thursday to load/reload, make sure it was listed, but as soon as I got to the order screen it wasn't there. Went back -- delete, reload, update, confirm it there, update, make sure it stayed -- checkout it disappeared. I finally just put the order through and sent an email.

This afternoon, same thing happened -- different item, confirmed 2 or 3 different times it was loaded in the cart (even bumped me over the shipping tier until I deleted a diff item), but as soon as I got to the Checkout/pay screen it wasn't there. Gave up at that point, added a different items and deleted the Free item to max the shipping tier and checked out.
I suspect that if you tried picking a different free item, like I did, that you suddenly would have gotten the free item that you actually wanted. Unless mine was a fluke.

If anybody else tries to place an order, and doesn't see their free item on the final screen before placing the order, go back to your cart, select a different free item, click Update, then start checkout again. On the final screen, I bet you'll see the free item you actually want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #427
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
131
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I suspect that if you tried picking a different free item, like I did, that you suddenly would have gotten the free item that you actually wanted. Unless mine was a fluke.

If anybody else tries to place an order, and doesn't see their free item on the final screen before placing the order, go back to your cart, select a different free item, click Update, then start checkout again. On the final screen, I bet you'll see the free item you actually want.
I don't I tried that. I know I took the item out and put it back in several times both days. Indignation on Th and Capt Phillips Friday, but I don't think I tried a different title. Honestly, Indignation was the only item I wanted I didn't already have and it sold out by Friday. Maybe they'll read my email and add it if a lot of people have had the same issue. If not, I'll live -- I'm just happy i had a 2nd chance and got about half my items that were OOS Thursday though I'm still ticked about missing Roots.

Since you got you order in fairly early on Thursday (before 4pm ET if I remember) -- what the numerical difference in your 2 orders?
From 8:30 pmET Th to 4:30pm Friday was about 150 (I'm assuming orders are simple numerical).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #428
Abdrewes Abdrewes is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Abdrewes's Avatar
 
May 2011
Texas
5601
418
1
1
158
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Since you got you order in fairly early on Thursday (before 4pm ET if I remember) -- what the numerical difference in your 2 orders?
From 8:30 pmET Th to 4:30pm Friday was about 150 (I'm assuming orders are simple numerical).
From 7:45 Thursday to 5:45 Friday it was about 170

Despite being happy about my two orders, I'm bummed about Roots too. That and The Night Of were my two main wants. I was glued on the site before it went live like many others were. I'm guessing the big shopping cart did me in.

Last edited by Abdrewes; 12-08-2018 at 10:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #429
kenbenobi kenbenobi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin
1475
126
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Since you got you order in fairly early on Thursday (before 4pm ET if I remember) -- what the numerical difference in your 2 orders?
From 8:30 pmET Th to 4:30pm Friday was about 150 (I'm assuming orders are simple numerical).
My order numbers differ by 478. Orders were placed Thursday at 12:28pm PST and Friday at 10:05pm PST.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:40 AM   #430
Matt C. Matt C. is offline
Special Member
 
Matt C.'s Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Los Angeles
2387
70
1
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
...Order Handling Charges:
1-5 items $6.80
6-15 items $8.50
16-25 items $11.50
26+ items $14.25
AK/HI/PR add $15.00 (NO INTERNATIONAL)
$4.00 processing fee is added to ALL orders.
CA residents add 9% sales tax...
You had me at Order Handling Charges

...and processing fee

...and CA sales tax

Glad I missed the start of this sale, or I'd have gotten the same headache as most everyone else, trying to nab the 13 items I was interested in. Those are down to just 6 now (after finally having read the thread), which is obviously not worth it when adding in the extra $14ish in additional costs.

Oh well. Probably better for my mental health to have missed out on this one. Glad to see some folks in here managed to score some decent swag though...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheLaughingMann (Today)
Old 12-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #431
AlisonTroy AlisonTroy is offline
Active Member
 
AlisonTroy's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Southern California
223
-8
Default

Do they send a notification once your order has shipped and provide tracking info?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #432
kenbenobi kenbenobi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin
1475
126
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonTroy View Post
Do they send a notification once your order has shipped and provide tracking info?
Yes. However, in 2016 they didn't ship my order until 15 days after the order was placed. Also, after 13 days, they sent the following email:

Due to the overwhelming response, we quickly sold out of a number of items and unfortunately went into an oversold situation. If you ordered one or more of the items listed below, we regret to inform you that it is no longer available. We will be processing refunds as quickly as possible.


The list contained 15 items which "could" be canceled from your order. My order contained 2 of those items, and only 1 got canceled. Hopefully that does not happen again. I did not order last year, so can't say how things went down...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlisonTroy (12-09-2018), ronboster (Today)
Old 12-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #433
50strat54 50strat54 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
50strat54's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
51
0
Default

A lot of the newer release titles are on sale at Best Buy this week. My friend may just pass on EAA and go with BB
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #434
nichart nichart is offline
Active Member
 
nichart's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Hamilton!, OH
597
-5
Default

Got an order to go through with Vampire Diaries and 3 of the 1.00 blus. Hopefully it ships. Yall got me kinda worried now. Lol
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #435
michaeljoo michaeljoo is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Nov 2009
-
25
-5
Default

Just seeing this now, so coming late to this.

I'm sure most of the good stuff was already taken, but still managed to put together a $52 order for 13 items. Had to try a couple times to get to the checkout pages, but finally got through and didn't have any problems adding or seeing on the order confirmation the free add on item (Mandela).

With the $12.50 shipping and handling fees, it worked out to average of a little under $5 per title.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:54 PM   #436
Dollar Colonel Dollar Colonel is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2017
2371
2186
16
380
35
1
-5
Default

Anyone actually hear back via email?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 PM   #437
WillieMLF WillieMLF is online now
Special Member
 
WillieMLF's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
20
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Yes. However, in 2016 they didn't ship my order until 15 days after the order was placed. Also, after 13 days, they sent the following email:

Due to the overwhelming response, we quickly sold out of a number of items and unfortunately went into an oversold situation. If you ordered one or more of the items listed below, we regret to inform you that it is no longer available. We will be processing refunds as quickly as possible.


The list contained 15 items which "could" be canceled from your order. My order contained 2 of those items, and only 1 got canceled. Hopefully that does not happen again. I did not order last year, so can't say how things went down...
Mine has historically taken a very long time to arrive >15 days for the last 2 years.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ronboster (Today)
Old Today, 05:10 PM   #438
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
131
-5
Default

By memory I'm not even sure they ship anything until after teh sale ends -- I'm fairly sure it's taken 3-4 weeks from Day 1 of the sale to receive packages


Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
I'm sure most of the good stuff was already taken,
If you click the ALL TITLES button at the top you can pretty quickly see what was there Day 1 and what's currently sold out. A lot of the best stuff was gone before 6pm Day 1 though about 1/2 those itmes cam back the next day and almost all of the sold out again though I can see a couple items from my 2nd order that are still up. Quick estimate about 1/3 of the items sold out by 32 hrs.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 PM.