Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Resident Evil 2 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Devil May Cry 5 (Xbox One)
$24.99

NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$37.94

Vampyr (Xbox One)
$19.99

Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$27.99

Hello Neighbor (Xbox One)
$9.99

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$16.00

F1 2019 (Xbox One)
$44.99

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Dishonored 2 (Xbox One)
$9.99

Wreckfest (Xbox One)
$29.99

MX vs. ATX: All Out (Xbox One)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 12-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Probably because of the last update or two (since I didn't have this issue earlier), I have an issue now where the system seems frozen while any disc activity is going on. I'll do something that uses the hard drive and that causes the interface to be frozen for a while. Of course, I'm still pushing buttons during this time and all of a sudden all sorts of stuff will occur with the UI (I guess because everything I was doing while frozen was being be put in the queue).

Also, I frequently hit the back button (B) to get back to something earlier but frequently this ends up launching a game that I didn't want to start. Usually I just end up shutting down the XB1 during this but I'd like to know why this happens. What button should I be using to go back and hopefully without undesired consequences (like launching a program I didn't want to start).
Old 12-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #42
Special Member

Dec 2009
Jackson, MS

I think I solved my download speed issue.

Since I have a 2Wire AT&T gateway for my UVerse internet, it doesn't support UPnP, and has a NAT type of moderate. So apparently I had to open the correct ports via port forwarding. This also explains why I never heard any chat during online games.

For those interested, the ports that need to be open for Xbox One are:

TCP: 53, 80, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500

I then checked my download speed and I'm getting 18mbps, when before it hovered between 1-2mbps.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 AM   #43
Power Member

Jun 2011
Default Xbox One Blu-Rays Skip

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if others are having issues with their Xbox One skipping sometimes while watching a movie. I have only watched probably 10 blu-rays on my Xbox One and it has skipped in a few parts during 4 movies. It is also important to note that these movies were brand new so I know it is the player skipping and not the disc. For instance, during Million Dollar Arm, it skipped during several scenes alone.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

You might want to use a lens cleaner. Use this (I currently own and use this):

It doesn't use brushes so the lens won't get scratched. It uses wind funnel technology (there's a hole in the disc so it sucks out the dust).
Thanks given by:
Derb (01-02-2015), J2005 (01-02-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 03:58 AM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

So I have one of the loud psu's. I can't leave my system in instant on mode without having the fan in the power brick spin at 100%. MS policy on the matter is that the system is covered for a year but accessories only 90 days and they see the psu as an accessory. To get it fixed or replaced should cost $35. This is of course unacceptable. Luckily the csr I spoke to said immediately without issue it was covered under the warranty and that they would email a return label within 24 hours. Unfortunately that didn't happen so another call is in order but as long as I don't have to pay I'm fine with it.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:59 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

I'm not sure when this happened (that is, after which update, if that is the issue) since I don't use the XB1 very often but I've noticed the last few times I've used the XB1 that I seem to be having a UI issue. Basically, if I do anything that accesses the hard drive, like installing media apps or whatever, the UI seems to freeze for a while during the process. The XB1 isn't locked though since I can hold down the button to turn the console or controller off and that dialog box will appear. That's about the only thing I can do though. Typically what happens is that I'm pushing buttons, moving the d-pad or sticks trying to make something happen and eventually the UI will become unfrozen. Then, all the stuff I had been doing on the controller is apparently in a queue because once control is regained, I have to sit there and watch everything I was doing while it was frozen get executed. So, I see it moving around the UI and almost every time end up launching some app/game that I didn't intend to. This is extremely annoying and happens even if I'm just installing some small app.

So basically, I just want to know, is this the way it works now (it didn't use to be this way though) or could it be a hard drive issue? My disc is around 77% full. I'm thinking it might be best to just wipe the system clean and start over to see if that fixes the issue but that leads to another question. Can I attach an external drive and copy all the games/apps to it? I know on the PS4 this isn't supported but I thought I had read that you could do this on the XB1. I just don't want to have to download and install everything again, especially since I have cap to deal with.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed that I had already posted this earlier and it's even on the same page. Sorry about that.

Last edited by owa; 01-04-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:34 AM   #47
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

I had that weird pause happen to me today when I bought KI Season 2 and it tried to add 4 items to the queue at once. Not really sure what the deal is there. I did a hard reset and it hasn't done it again.

Yes, you can attach an external drive, so long as it's USB3 and greater than 256gb, if I recall correctly. I'm running a 2TB Western Digital bus-powered drive with no real issues (and externals tend to load faster than the internal drive). I keep all my apps on the internal drive and games on the external. When you connect a drive, keep in mind that it will ask you to format it for the Xbox One... and once you do, there's no reformatting it back to anything useable on PC without some trickery (though it's doable). It should ask you if you want to copy everything over once it is formatted.
Thanks given by:
Derb (01-06-2015), owa (01-04-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Thanks for the info.

Also, sorry about the double post. I just noticed that I had already asked about this earlier in the thread. I wasn't trying to be pushy. I didn't realize I had asked about this a few days before Christmas.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I've noticed my brother has been having that same issue with the freezing/remembered commands in queue a lot lately. His Kinect is also noticing hand gestures when both of us are sitting perfectly still.
Thanks given by:
owa (01-04-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Thanks for relaying that info. Just good to know I'm not the only one having an issue. I think I'll try a hard reset first and if that doesn't fix it, wipe the system clean to see if that helps. I ordered an external 1TB drive that will be here Monday or Tuesday so hopefully I can at least copy a bunch of the games to it so I don't have to re-download them.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
I had that weird pause happen to me today when I bought KI Season 2 and it tried to add 4 items to the queue at once. Not really sure what the deal is there. I did a hard reset and it hasn't done it again.

Yes, you can attach an external drive, so long as it's USB3 and greater than 256gb, if I recall correctly. I'm running a 2TB Western Digital bus-powered drive with no real issues (and externals tend to load faster than the internal drive). I keep all my apps on the internal drive and games on the external. When you connect a drive, keep in mind that it will ask you to format it for the Xbox One... and once you do, there's no reformatting it back to anything useable on PC without some trickery (though it's doable). It should ask you if you want to copy everything over once it is formatted.
BTW, I think the hard reset fixed the issue for me. I didn't know how to do the hard reset so I looked it up and found a thread on the Xbox forums talking about a similar issue and how he was told by support to fix it. I used his method of going to settings->disc and blu-ray and clearing the cache 3 times and then heading to the advanced network settings and clearing the alternate MAC address (I think it was). Then you're prompted to restart. According to most of the people responding, doing the hard reset by holding down the power button (or unplugging the console) does the same thing. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

I got a 1 TB drive for it that I'll be connecting today so I can offload some of the games from the main hard drive but it looks like I don't need it now for what I originally bought it for. I think I'm down to around 20 gig left so it's not like having the 1 TB drive will be a waste. Edit: maybe it's 80 gig left, in any case, I don't have a lot left.

Last edited by owa; 01-06-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #52
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
A few questions..

When you connect for the first time, the Xbox One will automatically recognize the USB HDD?

Once formatting is complete, Xbox One will automatically prompt you to copy everything to the USB HDD?

Can I use any of the USB ports on the back of the system?

Thanks!

I'm planning on unboxing my 4TB WD today.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Attach it and it'll ask if you want to format it. It's a quick format so it only took a couple of seconds to format my 1TB drive. It'll also ask if you want things installed on the external drive by default from now on. I said yes. You then go to the manage storage section in the settings where you can copy or move everything or selectively copy/move stuff. I think I'm going to follow his lead and leave the apps on the internal and move the games to the external.

I just plugged mine into whatever USB port was on the back that I could easily see and reach.

Edit: You can just use the options button when something you to move/copy is selected and choose the manage game option also.
Thanks given by:
Derb (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #54
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Attach it and it'll ask if you want to format it. It's a quick format so it only took a couple of seconds to format my 1TB drive. It'll also ask if you want things installed on the external drive by default from now on. I said yes. You then go to the manage storage section in the settings where you can copy or move everything or selectively copy/move stuff. I think I'm going to follow his lead and leave the apps on the internal and move the games to the external.

I just plugged mine into whatever USB port was on the back that I could easily see and reach.

Edit: You can just use the options button when something you to move/copy is selected and choose the manage game option also.
Thanks owa!

I deleted a bunch of indie games on the internal because I only had 40GB free space & would like to have them back.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:41 AM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Thanks owa!

I deleted a bunch of indie games on the internal because I only had 40GB free space & would like to have them back.
No problem.

It took a while but I finally have all the games moved to the external.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:26 PM   #56
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
No problem.

It took a while but I finally have all the games moved to the external.
It took me a little longer I bet because in settings the default is to turn off your storage once the console is powered down. look in Power Savings to find the option.

I unchecked that box. Wow, I'd make sure yours is unchecked too. There is no way for the system to update games in standby otherwise.
Thanks given by:
owa (01-07-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
It took me a little longer I bet because in settings the default is to turn off your storage once the console is powered down. look in Power Savings to find the option.

I unchecked that box. Wow, I'd make sure yours is unchecked too. There is no way for the system to update games in standby otherwise.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #58
Power Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyyy View Post
Hi everyone,

I was just curious if others are having issues with their Xbox One skipping sometimes while watching a movie. I have only watched probably 10 blu-rays on my Xbox One and it has skipped in a few parts during 4 movies. It is also important to note that these movies were brand new so I know it is the player skipping and not the disc. For instance, during Million Dollar Arm, it skipped during several scenes alone.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
You might want to use a lens cleaner. Use this (I currently own and use this):

It doesn't use brushes so the lens won't get scratched. It uses wind funnel technology (there's a hole in the disc so it sucks out the dust).
I've only used my Xbox One maybe a total of 10-15 times so there is no way I would need to clean the inside of it yet.

Anyone else?
Old 01-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

Please tell me there's a faster way to download digital games? I have the Assassins Creed Bundle and I left my XBox One on overnight and only one of the two games started downloading. Which is AC Unity... and it's only at 28%. This is absolutely ridiculous! My PS4 downloads full games within an hour.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #60
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
Please tell me there's a faster way to download digital games? I have the Assassins Creed Bundle and I left my XBox One on overnight and only one of the two games started downloading. Which is AC Unity... and it's only at 28%. This is absolutely ridiculous! My PS4 downloads full games within an hour.
If your router accepts N..

Use that for wifi unless you have the box wired.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One