Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Battlefield V (Xbox One)
$24.99

Madden NFL 19 (Xbox One)
$14.67

MXGP 2019 (Xbox One)
$41.99

Anthem (Xbox One)
$15.00
17 hrs ago
Man of Medan (Xbox One)
$24.99

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One)
$39.89

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Xbox One)
$17.99

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Xbox One)
$27.74

For Honor (Xbox One)
$15.50
10 hrs ago
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One)
$11.19

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (Xbox One)
$38.64
5 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox One)
$49.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 08-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #81
Special Member

Dec 2009
Canada

Old 08-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

As much as I want to play this I’m on the fence of getting it. The last 4 games have had the Fenix family as the main characters and now all of sudden they change it.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #83
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

So get a month of Gamepass when it comes out.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Iím not wasting money on that. Iíll probably wait for it to be dirt cheap.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #85
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Quote:
That's what I did, cost me £13 for 3 months....
Old 08-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #86

Jul 2018
Utah

Gamepass is about as dirt cheap as it comes for what you get.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #87
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Yeah I still don’t get how people make up excuses against it. “But you don’t OWN your games,” as they buy their entire library digital.

“But there’s not enough time to finish the games” and then post in haul threads 2-4 games a week.

“But they don’t tell you when stuff leaves” even though it’s in several places online, on the app and on the dashboard.

There’s reasons to not want it. These three I constantly see here are not them.
Thanks given by:
u2popmofo (08-21-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #88
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Yeah I still don’t get how people make up excuses against it. “But you don’t OWN your games,” as they buy their entire library digita.
You really don't see the difference? Buying a game outright digitally and being able to play it any time you want VS subscribing to a service where MS can take the game away at any time isn't even remotely comparable. Don't get me wrong, I think Game Pass is a fine service and I'm not knocking it. But suggesting that subscribing to the service VS purchasing a game digitally is the same thing is a bit disingenuous don't you think?
Old 08-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #89
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

That’s assuming every game you buy digitally will be available forever, which we’ve seen numerous times that’s not the case (hi Wii eShop, don’t have all your games downloaded before it shut down? Who cares!?). I’m merely saying that claiming the ownership angle really doesn’t work as digital titles are delisted all the time so owning them is an illusion. With Gamepass it’s clear from the start you’re renting the games.

Last edited by dyne; 08-20-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Thanks given by:
u2popmofo (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 02:22 AM   #90
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Yeah I still donít get how people make up excuses against it. ďBut you donít OWN your games,Ē as they buy their entire library digital.

ďBut thereís not enough time to finish the gamesĒ and then post in haul threads 2-4 games a week.

ďBut they donít tell you when stuff leavesĒ even though itís in several places online, on the app and on the dashboard.

Thereís reasons to not want it. These three I constantly see here are not them.
Iíd be fine with 6 months.

Thatís less time then Netflix rotation.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:14 AM   #91
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Yeah I still don’t get how people make up excuses against it. “But you don’t OWN your games,” as they buy their entire library digital.

“But there’s not enough time to finish the games” and then post in haul threads 2-4 games a week.

“But they don’t tell you when stuff leaves” even though it’s in several places online, on the app and on the dashboard.

There’s reasons to not want it. These three I constantly see here are not them.

I say in the end its still cheaper to own a game then to rent it on game pass. Take Gears 5 for example I will be playing it for a minimum of 2 years and nothing else. I pre-ordered The Ultimate Edition which cost $112 with tax in my country.

Gamepass cost $11.99 I don't know If this includes tax. If its is the price with tax game pass would cost me $287.76 for 2 years, so for a 2 year time period buying Gears 5 UE Digitally (Yes, I am aware we don't own the digital games we buy, we just get a digital license to play them, same with physical you only get a license to play the game you don't own it. 2 benefits of physical are reselling, I don't resell anything and playing offline, with games being online all the time anyway and all the updates need, I don't even see it being possible anymore) is technically cheaper then paying for gamepass for 2 years, with a savings of $175.76.

In my case and I am sure other people are in the same boat the cheaper option is to buy the game out right, be it physical or digital.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #92

Nov 2010
Minnesota

I got game pass ultimate (game pass + Live) for 3 years at a total of around $130 during the conversion deal. Plenty of others did too. It's probably the best video game deal I've ever experienced. The MS 1st trio of Forza, Halo, and Gears is among my favorites and now that we get ultimate edition perks just keeps making the deal sweeter. The fact that there is an ultimate edition is another discussion.

It will save me money, and the hassle of reselling my games. I don't collect games, so owning isn't appealing to me. Unless its a competitive multiplayer game that I get into, I'm usually done with it in a few weeks and have no desire to ever revisit it.

I don't mind if the game leaves in a few months. If its worth my time, I'll play it right away. Fact of the matter is, there's not that many games in general that appeal to me now.

In a sense, I could be the poster child for who MS is trying to market gamepass to.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One