Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
DC League of Super-Pets 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99
2 hrs ago
The Halloween 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$104.99

The Lost Boys 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Interspecies Reviewers (Blu-ray)
$41.49
7 hrs ago
The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$64.78
1 day ago
The Return of the Living Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Watcher (Blu-ray)
$20.99
11 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
22 hrs ago
Lost Highway 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Count Yorga Collection (Blu-ray)
$51.99

Phantasm 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 07-18-2022, 07:08 PM   #6381

Jul 2022
Denmark

Hello, I have been lurking these forums for a year or so, but I have been collecting movies for years.

I have used EMDB as a database so far to keep track of my collection, but I needed to have access to it on the go and that is much easier with this sites collection manager. So I have used the last week, since I registered, to add my movies.
My 4K are correct, but Blu-rays are not. In the beginning I added with EAN numbers and I really don't want to go through my Blu-rays to remove the times I got four instead of one, because a Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish Blu-ray release have the same EAN number.

Like I said I have been lurking, but will jump in discussions when I feel I have something to contribute.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:39 PM   #6382

Jul 2022

Since this is the official introduction thread, decided I'd pop in and say hello. I heard about this place and decided to make an account. Love watching movies and gaming. I also like to go jogging when I can.
Recently started renovating too so I'm trying to put together some kind of home theater for the spare time I might have free which is definitely turning to be more of an ordeal than I anticipated lol
Old 07-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #6383

Feb 2013
Akron, Ohio
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfli6 View Post
Since this is the official introduction thread, decided I'd pop in and say hello. I heard about this place and decided to make an account. Love watching movies and gaming. I also like to go jogging when I can.
Recently started renovating too so I'm trying to put together some kind of home theater for the spare time I might have free which is definitely turning to be more of an ordeal than I anticipated lol
There is a lot of good advice that can be found here as well as very helpful members. Dependent upon your sophistication and budget I would also recommend AVS Forum as a helpful website.

A home theater needed be a chore to create and, if you don't mind wires hanging about, need not take long to set up. Used equipment can be had cheap and then you can upgrade as wanted and your budget allows....eventually burying wires behind walls, etc.

I'm using twenty year old Polk speakers, an older Yamaha 7.2 receiver and a 9 year old 1080p projector. I recently added an Amazon Fire stick to my receiver (don't know why I didn't do it sooner). It's was a real treat watching the Stranger Things season finale on a 175" diagonal screen. Obi Wan and Star Trek Strange New Worlds are great too!
Old 07-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #6384

Feb 2013
Akron, Ohio
Default My Movies Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas77 View Post
Hello, I have been lurking these forums for a year or so, but I have been collecting movies for years.

I have used EMDB as a database so far to keep track of my collection, but I needed to have access to it on the go and that is much easier with this sites collection manager. So I have used the last week, since I registered, to add my movies.
My 4K are correct, but Blu-rays are not. In the beginning I added with EAN numbers and I really don't want to go through my Blu-rays to remove the times I got four instead of one, because a Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish Blu-ray release have the same EAN number.

Like I said I have been lurking, but will jump in discussions when I feel I have something to contribute.
I use My Movies Pro for cataloging. It's a few bucks and available for Android and iPhone. I still haven't got it to port over to Blu-Ray.com correctly, but you can't have everything!
Old 07-21-2022, 04:49 PM   #6385

Jul 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasatakros View Post
There is a lot of good advice that can be found here as well as very helpful members. Dependent upon your sophistication and budget I would also recommend AVS Forum as a helpful website.

A home theater needed be a chore to create and, if you don't mind wires hanging about, need not take long to set up. Used equipment can be had cheap and then you can upgrade as wanted and your budget allows....eventually burying wires behind walls, etc.

I'm using twenty year old Polk speakers, an older Yamaha 7.2 receiver and a 9 year old 1080p projector. I recently added an Amazon Fire stick to my receiver (don't know why I didn't do it sooner). It's was a real treat watching the Stranger Things season finale on a 175" diagonal screen. Obi Wan and Star Trek Strange New Worlds are great too!
Yeah there's a lot of knowledgeable people here which is really awesome. And wow that sounds amazing, yeah it doesn't have to be the fanciest thing in the world just decent at least you know.
Old 07-21-2022, 06:31 PM   #6386

Feb 2013
Akron, Ohio
Default I started of with an Elite Screen 105"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfli6 View Post
Yeah there's a lot of knowledgeable people here which is really awesome. And wow that sounds amazing, yeah it doesn't have to be the fanciest thing in the world just decent at least you know.
My first screen in my old house and was an Elite Screen Pull-down for around $100. Instant gratification! It was in my 11' x 18' living room with an 8' ceiling. I crammed up to a dozen friends in there on movie nights!

I also have an outdoor screen from Carl's Place (they sell indoor and outdoor kits and material). I went with the 165" diagonal since I was worried about my projector brightness on a larger screen.

One of the biggest revelations in the improved audio quality with blu-rays. Even a cheap sound system can be great. I use a Sony all-in-one-box system for outdoors- it was a Woot purchase for $150.

So...$600 bucks or less (depending on local sources for used on Facebook, Ebay, etc.). $100 or less for a screen ($50 used), $150 or less used theater in a box, $350 name brand used 1080P projector.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:23 AM   #6387

Jun 2022
(and future favourites?!) I am attempting to curate a collection of 80's/90's science fiction movies

Hi all, kept finding myself coming across this place in searches over the past few months, lurked and read through a bunch of threads on shows releases etc i'm interested in and for research, no way am i clued up especially on anything technical but learned a lot of the basics/parameters (if that's an appropriate way to phrase it) re: PQ&AQ that i'd never considered before since first finding myself here.

Just got my first blu-ray player and ordered a bunch of discs of shows i want to watch and movies that are some favourites. Primarily interested in some mostly 80s/90s science fiction anime, some mostly 80s/90s science fiction classics and some other random/oddballs/old favourites that I used to have (well, still do have, the wallet they were in just got covered and left soaked in coke over 10 years ago and not touched them since) on DVD.

Only on a modest 32in LG monitor (LG 32MP58HQ) that I've now set up as a TV in my room, not sure if it's any good it was cheap but am going to look it up to see if anyone has said anything about them for movies but can't see much from a quick google. Its always looks ok to me though, look forward to using it for movies and shows to understand how good it is/what I might need to look for to improve/upgrade when it packs in. Got a basic (non-4k) region free player (Sony S3700, it might have the ability to do apps like youtube etc. not sure as not set it up yet). Given the size of my monitor/TV I'm not fussed about 4k at all at this point though have picked up the 2-disc Ghost in the Shell 4k steelbook on the understanding the BD version bundled with that is a good one so assume would be doing this again in the future where necessary.

Got some cheap 2.1 speakers (Microlab FC330) that I've had for 10 years and while knowing nothing about audio, I actually recently went and bought a second and third spare set for when they pack in because I love the sound of them for music so much (googling for those second hand sets, apparently they were designed with the involvement of some Danish audio engineer I think which despite being budget hopefully means they're half decent for their price - although I've only used them for music and not sure how good they'll be for movies).

I have absolutely no idea about audio and want to look into it and will possibly look for a place here to ask some noob q's if I can't find the info I'm looking for. The main q I have is how are 5.1 signals/mixes (which seem to be the default on most discs, some old anime with 2.0 tracks notwithstanding) dealt with when directed into a 2.1 system..will it all sound ok I'm assuming? Presumably not always the best/ideal but good enough? And maybe occasionally poor if the BD hasn't been done properly to appropriately account for use of 2.1 systems (downmixing might be the term?). Something for me to look into but welcome any thoughts from yourselves here at this point.

All I hope is that I don't get drawn into thinking I need a 5.1 set up, something I don't think I've got the cash, room or motivation to get sucked into! I'm in a flatshare so would only be on the speakers if watching with a friend and have some blue tooth headphones designed for TV viewing with minimal delay, I've got a receiver/transmitter I plug into my laptop to use them but not clear on how or if I can use them with the BDP/monitor it looks like I should be able to (the set I have is the aventree HT4189)

I've started to fill out my collection list on here. There's probably 20 or so films I want to catalogue in the 'want to buy' list but I've no idea which specific edition of a particular film I'd get yet (why this place comes in so handy for that research!) so was wondering if there's a section where I can just list the films generically, i.e. by title rather than by release/edition, that I like/would like to get on BD if there's a good disc of it out there. The parts to fill out on your profile are very limited in number of characters so guess that's not designed for that.

Would also be good if there was a 'want to watch' list as not everything I want to watch I want to own on BD (indeed, most BD's I've got and want to buy are those of films/shows I've seen and like them enough to want to own in physical).

Anyway thanks for reading the ramble if you did, look forward to engaging w/the forum and site a bit in the future
Old 07-25-2022, 08:09 PM   #6388

Jul 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, England
United Kingdom

Hi everyone. My name is Paul and I'm from Stoke-on-Trent in England where Eddie Hall comes from. Hope everyone is enjoying the interaction.
Old 07-26-2022, 09:02 PM   #6389

Jul 2022
San Antonio, Texas
Default Hello

4K movieís with, Dolby Vision, got me here. The good advice that can be found here as well as very helpful members have me coming backÖ

2020 Vizio M-Series M55Q8-H1 current 4K TV.

2020 Sony UBP-X700 4K UHD BR current player.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 07-27-2022, 03:10 AM   #6390
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 08-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #6391

Jul 2022

Iím new. Hello
Old 08-04-2022, 01:32 AM   #6392

Aug 2022

hello all!
Old 08-04-2022, 03:06 PM   #6393
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonB View Post
Iím new. Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by venerelina View Post
hello all!
Welcome aboard
Old 08-08-2022, 08:39 AM   #6394

Jun 2017
new zealand

hello everyone
Old 08-10-2022, 01:46 PM   #6395

Aug 2022

Produced a documentary called Mother To Earth and I'm here to add it to the database and let y'all know about it.

Looks like I gotta post a couple times or wait a few days before I can make a thread for the film or add it to the database.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:21 PM   #6396
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisBuelleronNA View Post
Produced a documentary called Mother To Earth and I'm here to add it to the database and let y'all know about it.

Looks like I gotta post a couple times or wait a few days before I can make a thread for the film or add it to the database.
Look forward to learning more about your doc
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion