Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
1984 (Blu-ray)
$27.37
11 hrs ago
Alien 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$36.71

Europa Europa (Blu-ray)
$27.37
11 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Aquaman (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.96
18 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Border (Blu-ray)
$19.98
23 hrs ago
Frankenstein 1970 (Blu-ray)
$17.71
12 hrs ago
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 PM   #2341
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
both of the Marantz pieces listed in my sig are in two different setups, both support ARC with no issues and both stream lossy DD+ ATMOS to them with no problem from my 4K TV's. like I said, if you have the DirecTV connected to the LG and if you are playing a show that streams lossy DD+ ATMOS the LG will pass it to your Marantz via ARC and you will get ATMOS audio that way.

just enable it in the LG and in the Marantz and switch to TV Audio and your in business.
Hi Solarrdadd,

I was able to get the system up and running with ARC connected between my 65" LG OLED TV and my upgraded Marantz av8802A. I connected one of my 5m Audioquest Forest HDMI cables between the units, but it was a little tighter than I would like. So, I was able to get an HDMI coupler (delivered earlier today) and installed it between my 3' long Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 HDMI cable and my 5m Audioquest Forest HDMI cable. I am getting all 7 channels, all 4 height speakers, and both subwoofers producing sound. I have yet to run anything that is really Dolby ATMOS, but the overall the system sounds good but certainly not as good as a Blu-Ray or even better a 4K Utlra HD Blu-ray.

Rich
Old 04-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #2342
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

For years I have been using burn in cds to help to burn in equipment, cables, etc. After Dave Schulte did my last major work on my equipment in 2017, he suggested that I get the Purist Audio Design burn-in CD. The latest version of this is the Luminist System Enhancer that I purchased in August of 2017 from Elusive Disc. From my experience, this product really works, but you can over do the process.

When I first used the Purist Audio Design Luminist System Enhancer, I played it too many times and it took time to undo some of the effect by playing music for some period of time in my system.

I wanted to help the burn in of my modded First Watt F7 amp, the special EMI/RFI treated XLR to RCA cable running from the power amp to the Jensen ISO-Max and the ISO-Max. So, as recommended (and this was after many hours of playing music) I ran the disc as recommended for one time playing the disc to be followed by repeating the disc an additional 4 times. This is recommended to be done after you introduce a new piece of audio electronic equipment, speakers, or cables into the system. According to the instructions the break in is a mere 5 hours (reduce the time from 24 to 5 hours). But, that isn't quite true since the new disc is a little over 78 minutes long. Purist Audio also recommends playing the disk once a month to refresh your system.

After running my older Densen Audio DeMagic Reference CD, I ran the Purist Audio Luminist System Enhancer the 5 times that they recommended. I listened to my system for sometime after that and did hear an improvement in the audio performance. But, I still thought it lacking. So, I ran the disk again after playing the Densen DeMagic disc and listened to the system some more. I was still hearing some issues where my lower midrange and the upper bass of the system was a bit muddy and congested. So, I listened a bit more and then ran the Purist Luminist System Enhancer another 2 times after first playing the Densen DeMagic disc.

After the last 2 times of playing the Luminist System Enhancer, I listened again. I have possibly just passed my target (maybe I should have only played the disc one more time). The lower midrange and upper base of the system appeared to be cleaned up. But, I seem to have lost a bit of the fuller body sound, but I have improved the transparency and increased the size of the sound of the system.

Hopefully, I can play the system for a period of time and increase the fuller body of the sound a bit without losing the additional transparency and increased size of the sound and also not muddy and congest the sound of the lower midrange and upper base.

If anyone is interested in this expensive Purist Audio Design Luminist System Enhancer disc, it can be purchased from Elusive Disc:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Purist-Au...tinfo/PURISTL/

Music Direct has this version of the disc:

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipmen...er-ultimate-cd

I am not sure if these are the same disc, or one is older and one is newer. The Purist Audio Website shows the first one.

You should be able to not only use the disc for burning in your 2 channel sound system, but if you want, I believe by setting your blu-ray player or your receiver or Pre-Pro to play all channels for output (all mono?), you should be able to run the disc through your whole audio system.

Rich
Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #2343
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Dave Schulte has now been recommending the following 2 Burn in CDs that are much more reasonably priced than the Purist Audio disk that I mentioned in my previous posting:

first from Granite Audio (now for $35; was $50)

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipmen...enhancement-cd

second from CARDAS AUDIO Cardas - Ayre Acoustics ($20)

https://www.musicdirect.com/recommen...ibe-burn-in-cd

I have both of these CDs coming from Music Direct and they are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. I will report back more and will use them judicially and slowly to improve the performance of my system.

Rich
Old 04-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #2344

Dec 2007

Hey Rich!!!!!
Old 04-12-2019, 02:05 AM   #2345
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Hey Rich!!!!!
Hi Prerich!! How are you?

As to my order for the 2 burn in CDs from Music Direct, the USPS hasn't been able to get their act together and to deliver the package which was supposed to be delivered this past Tuesday. We don't even know what has been going on. The package arrived at our local Distribution center to then go to the Lancaster, PA Distribution Center twice now (the first time it then went to the Harrisburg Distribution Center from Lancaster before going back to our local center). As of now, USPS is trying to track down the package and getting it to me.

Rich
Old 04-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #2346
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
Hi Prerich!! How are you?

As to my order for the 2 burn in CDs from Music Direct, the USPS hasn't been able to get their act together and to deliver the package which was supposed to be delivered this past Tuesday. We don't even know what has been going on. The package arrived at our local Distribution center to then go to the Lancaster, PA Distribution Center twice now (the first time it then went to the Harrisburg Distribution Center from Lancaster before going back to our local center). As of now, USPS is trying to track down the package and getting it to me.

Rich
Sorry Buddy. The USPS is run by the highest order of Clown A$$e$! I'm not even going to get into how they screwed up the delivery of my rather expensive Soundsmith Paua Mk.II phono cartridge.

Edit: After reading your post, I ordered one of these discs myself. From an Amazon Marketplace seller. Hope I have a better shipping experience.

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 04-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #2347
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Sorry Buddy. The USPS is run by the highest order of Clown A$$e$! I'm not even going to get into how they screwed up the delivery of my rather expensive Soundsmith Paua Mk.II phono cartridge.

Edit: After reading your post, I ordered one of these discs myself. From an Amazon Marketplace seller. Hope I have a better shipping experience.
Hi Fred,

Sorry to hear of your issues.

You are not going to believe this, but after leaving Lancaster, PA this last time (going from our local Distribution Center) and now it is in Denver, CO.

Rich

Last edited by naturephoto1; 04-13-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #2348
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
Hi Fred,

Sorry to hear of your issues.

You are not going to believe this, but after leaving Lancaster, PA this last time (going from our local Distribution Center) and now it is in Denver, CO.

Rich
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries