Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
1984 (Blu-ray)
$27.37
11 hrs ago
Alien 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$36.71

Europa Europa (Blu-ray)
$27.37
11 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Aquaman (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.96
18 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Border (Blu-ray)
$19.98
23 hrs ago
Frankenstein 1970 (Blu-ray)
$17.71
12 hrs ago
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM   #1

Dec 2018
Portland, Oregon
Default Heavy (1995)

Any fans of this? It was James Mangold's directorial debut, and has stunning performances from Pruitt Taylor Vince and Liv Tyler. Debbie Harry and Shelley Winters are also supporting in it. It's a poignant, small, and vividly realized movie that never seemed to have quite gotten its dues. I've had a DVD copy for years and years now, but have been patiently waiting for it to get a restoration and Blu-ray release. It's the kind of film that would be in good company in The Criterion Collection, though I'm not sure they'd take it (or if they even could get rights to it). The U.S. DVD release I have was put out by Sony, but I believe Lionsgate distributed the DVD in Canada.
Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM   #2

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownsoda View Post
Any fans of this? It was James Mangold's directorial debut, and has stunning performances from Pruitt Taylor Vince and Liv Tyler. Debbie Harry and Shelley Winters are also supporting in it. It's a poignant, small, and vividly realized movie that never seemed to have quite gotten its dues. I've had a DVD copy for years and years now, but have been patiently waiting for it to get a restoration and Blu-ray release. It's the kind of film that would be in good company in The Criterion Collection, though I'm not sure they'd take it (or if they even could get rights to it). The U.S. DVD release I have was put out by Sony, but I believe Lionsgate distributed the DVD in Canada.
I remember this film. I saw it once back in 1997. I remember that I was extremely excited about "CopLand" coming at the time, and so I wanted to see this director's only other film, beforehand.

I remember liking this film very much.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists