Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.96
17 hrs ago
Sailor Moon Stars: Season 5 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$64.92
 
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.26
3 hrs ago
Blue Planet II (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
DARLING in the FRANXX: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$32.99
23 hrs ago
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Ancient Magus' Bride: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$44.96
 
Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$51.99
 
Manhunt: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$23.16
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM   #14481
The Lizard King The Lizard King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
The Lizard King's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
1348
76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Oh dang Iíve red so many articles Sting it wasnít going to be about the founding of the 7 Kingdoms. Nice to see itís going to be about the long night.
Red?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #14482
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
297
15
38
91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myptosis1 View Post
No itís not. Itís actually going to be about the long night.

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-...rmed-expected/
I would be far more interested in seeing a prequel about Aegonís conquest or Robertís uprising against the Mad King than a White Walker origin story.

..but thatís just me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
supersix4 (Today)
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #14483
frogmort frogmort is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
frogmort's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Eastfarthing
47
256
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
I would be far more interested in seeing a prequel about Aegonís conquest or Robertís uprising against the Mad King than a White Walker origin story.

..but thatís just me.
They introduced an explanation earlier on with The Children and Dragon Glass, kind of. I'm sure we'll get some more explanation as to what the hell this is really all about. I couldn't imagine them setting all of this up just to hold out on us at the end for a prequel, and apparently B&W are pretty much done with it after this too, right?

I've read the books, but it's been a while, and I also have a righteous buzz, but I think there's a reference that the Night King was originally
[Show spoiler]once the Commander of the Watch, or something.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:46 AM   #14484
MosHighDef MosHighDef is online now
Power Member
 
MosHighDef's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
socal
74
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
They introduced an explanation earlier on with The Children and Dragon Glass, kind of. I'm sure we'll get some more explanation as to what the hell this is really all about. I couldn't imagine them setting all of this up just to hold out on us at the end for a prequel, and apparently B&W are pretty much done with it after this too, right?

I've read the books, but it's been a while, and I also have a righteous buzz, but I think there's a reference that the Night King was originally
[Show spoiler]once the Commander of the Watch, or something.
The Night King on the show is different than the NIGHTS KING, who was a Lord Commander of the Watch and married some White Walker chick and the Starks rebelled against him, but he could have been a stark himself even the current night king.

It is definitely some confusing stuff, but I am more interested in that since all we hear is WINTER IS COMING. I want to know how brutal the Long Night was.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:01 AM   #14485
Kevinicus Kevinicus is offline
Power Member
 
Kevinicus's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
38
225
2
23
Default

Watched the preview for the next episode again and...
[Show spoiler]there is a shot of Jorah pulling a sword from its sheath. While the wolf is not visible, I think it is longclaw. If so, then does Jon get another sword at some point?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #14486
whitestang06 whitestang06 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinicus View Post
Watched the preview for the next episode again and...
[Show spoiler]there is a shot of Jorah pulling a sword from its sheath. While the wolf is not visible, I think it is longclaw. If so, then does Jon get another sword at some point?
I'm about 99.9% certain that is
[Show spoiler]Heartsbane.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #14487
The Lizard King The Lizard King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
The Lizard King's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
1348
76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinicus View Post
Watched the preview for the next episode again and...
[Show spoiler]there is a shot of Jorah pulling a sword from its sheath. While the wolf is not visible, I think it is longclaw. If so, then does Jon get another sword at some point?
It's Heartsbane, the Tarly Family Valyrian sword, not Longclaw. Apparently, Sam gives it to him in Episode 2.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #14488
The Lizard King The Lizard King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
The Lizard King's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
1348
76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestang06 View Post
I'm about 99.9% certain that is
[Show spoiler]Heartsbane.
More like 100%.

Jon already offered Longclaw to Jorah last season when they went north of The Wall to capture a wight. Jorah refused to accept it.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #14489
Kevinicus Kevinicus is offline
Power Member
 
Kevinicus's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
38
225
2
23
Default

Okay, looking at pictures of heartsbane and back at the clip, it appears you guys are correct. I wouldn't have expected Jorah to look at another sword like that (Valyrian steel or no).
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #14490
Darkstream Darkstream is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Darkstream's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
74
101
27
Default

Okay, this may seem insignificant to some viewers, but having recently binged the entire series prior to S8's premiere, one of the things I was trying to keep an eye on was the Starks' six direwolves -- which, in my opinion, we don't ever get enough of. There are only two left: Arya's Nymeria and Jon's Ghost. Nymeria became part of a pack of wild wolves, but what happened to Ghost? I think we've seen him more than any of the other wolves, but then he seems to just disappear. As far as I remember, he was last seen at Castle Black, but then I lost track of him, so where is he now? I hope we see him again before the end of the series.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:12 PM   #14491
supersix4 supersix4 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
Okay, this may seem insignificant to some viewers, but having recently binged the entire series prior to S8's premiere, one of the things I was trying to keep an eye on was the Starks' six direwolves -- which, in my opinion, we don't ever get enough of. There are only two left: Arya's Nymeria and Jon's Ghost. Nymeria became part of a pack of wild wolves, but what happened to Ghost? I think we've seen him more than any of the other wolves, but then he seems to just disappear. As far as I remember, he was last seen at Castle Black, but then I lost track of him, so where is he now? I hope we see him again before the end of the series.
Ghost has been chillin at Winterfell when Jon left to go see Daenerys theres a scene not too long after they take back winterfell where Ghost is just crashed out on the floor sleeping, so hes wondering around there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep5349 View Post
It wasn’t a heavy snowfall. All we saw was a light sprinkling, all traces would be gone by midday the following day. If it makes you feel better to call that a plot hole go right ahead, it’s just in your head.
Agree lol they get flurries in Florida and Texas lol

https://abc13.com/weather/its-snowin...areas/4680254/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
So I guess with this being the final season we can forget getting to know who really is the Night King. You think they would have explained that atleast sometime after he started to show up.
Eh my expectation assuming we don't get some snoozefest about zombies taking over the world (travesty if such a diverse show turned into the HBO's version of walking dead lmao) after they win winterfell, is that they'll be some explanation at the end of the battle about either who he was / motivations or some combo.

Helms deep which is what the directors compared their Ep3 to was 40ish minutes, so assuming Episode 3 clocking in at 80 is 20 minutes longer than helms we'll still likely get about 10 minutes before and after the battle at some explanations

Last edited by supersix4; Today at 04:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #14492
Darkstream Darkstream is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Darkstream's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
74
101
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Ghost has been chillin at Winterfell when Jon left to go see Daenerys theres a scene not too long after they take back winterfell where Ghost is just crashed out on the floor sleeping, so hes wondering around there somewhere.
I hope we get a reunion between Ghost and Jon. Or maybe Arya could adopt him, since Jon is too busy playing with dragons now. lol.

We should at least get one more great scene of Ghost, like when he saved Sam back at Castle Black. The poor direwolves are neglected. I suspect the CG to produce them isn't in the allowed budget, when there are bigger things to be focused on.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
So I guess with this being the final season we can forget getting to know who really is the Night King. You think they would have explained that atleast sometime after he started to show up.

Quote:
Eh my expectation assuming we don't get some snoozefest about zombies taking over the world (travesty if such a diverse show turned into the HBO's version of walking dead lmao) after they win winterfell, is that they'll be some explanation at the end of the battle about either who he was / motivations or some combo.

I'm sure we could get a bit of a tease of who the Night King was, but according to rumors, isn't that what the prequel series could be based around?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:56 PM   #14493
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
297
15
38
91
Default

How many times do you think the phrase “It’s Valeryian steel” has been spoken on the show?

100?

...1000?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:07 PM   #14494
supersix4 supersix4 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
I hope we get a reunion between Ghost and Jon. Or maybe Arya could adopt him, since Jon is too busy playing with dragons now. lol.
100% think we see Ghost and there was an article before arya came home about Martian hinting at Nymerias importance, so hopefully that'll be incorporated in some way, not a lot of time left.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Fire and Ice on Blu-ray Blu-ray Movies - North America redtornado 58 08-05-2015 06:53 PM
Game Rights Snagged For George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice And Fire PS3 jkwest 3 06-15-2013 12:27 AM
Game of Thrones - Greenlit on HBO!!! (George R.R. Martin) Movies CYMBOL 9 06-10-2013 09:06 AM
Blacklight - Megathread - From Comic to Video Game, First Screenshot! PS3 caliblue15 18 10-27-2010 10:51 PM
Fire and Ice Blu-ray Movies - North America luscious 25 06-17-2009 02:20 AM

Tags
book, game of thrones

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 PM.