Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96
15 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
22 hrs ago
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$29.33

Mandy (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Sorry to Bother You (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #5241
Expert Member

May 2016
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
Honestly (please don't take this the wrong way) they may be helping you out more than you realize. We live in crazy times where at any moment a business can suddenly get hit by a boycott over a simple statement. These boycotts happens on both sides of the political spectrum so it's probably best not to mention anything divisive that could potentially alienate 50% of your customers.
i.e. - Robert De Niro
Old 06-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #5242
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
Thanks guys. Honest, I'm not fishing for compliments here!

I'm over it. This forum was just doing what they need to do to keep the peace. I think they go too far, but it's not my call. This is their house, their rules.
not finishing for compliments, eh? i'll balance it out then

go kick rocks, Jared
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (06-21-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 AM   #5243

Feb 2017

I think Jared just had a rough time on his recent vacation trip, didn't he mention something about a young girl beating an old man to death with a cane?

I do have an inquiry: is it even possible/conceivable that "Men Behind the Sun" would ever see a blu-ray release from you fine folks? I can't really imagine someone like Arrow, Scream really releasing something along those lines.
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (06-22-2018), Jared A. (06-22-2018), Smegma (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 03:35 AM   #5244

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhastlyGraham View Post
I do have an inquiry: is it even possible/conceivable that "Men Behind the Sun" would ever see a blu-ray release from you fine folks? I can't really imagine someone like Arrow, Scream really releasing something along those lines.
I think my wife would be very happy if I could tell her this was coming out.
Wishlist:
Freaks, Complete Three Stooges, Complete Amos and Andy, Flesh Trilogy, Carnival of Blood (1970), Heartbeat in the Brain, Blood Freak, Private Parts (1972), Three on a Meathook, Criminally Insane, Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS, Bad (1977), Worm Eaters, Jacob Two-Two (1978), Des Morts, Natural Enemies, Out of the Blue, Suburbia (1983), Streetwise, Hammerhead Jones, Chickenhawk, Screwed (1996), Castiglioni Brothers films, Paul Morrissey / Warhol films, K. Gordon Murray "Kiddie" films
Thanks given by:
GhastlyGraham (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #5245

Nov 2008

Man, T.F. Mou's Men Behind The Sun and Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre are two of the roughest sits I've ever had. Watched each once and they still provide me with nightmare fuel.

I'd buy them on blu though because really some parts of history cannot be forgotten and they're pretty much all that remains of the public discussion of Japanese war crimes.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #5246

Nov 2017

Quote:
I think Jared just had a rough time on his recent vacation trip, didn't he mention something about a young girl beating an old man to death with a cane?

That title seems like it would fit much better in the Unearthed Films catalog, to be honest.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #5247
Expert Member

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKNewbie View Post
A Woman After a Killer Butterfly - Was this ever released on physical media?
Not to the best of my knowledge, unless there is some obscure overseas vhs/dvd release. It's currently streaming on the Korean Film Archive's youtube channel.
Thanks given by:
AKNewbie (06-22-2018), zombivish (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #5248

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofthediscs View Post
That title seems like it would fit much better in the Unearthed Films catalog, to be honest.
Does Unearthed even do blurays out of curiosity? Anyway, they are more of a gore label, there's much more going on in MBTS methinks.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #5249
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:

Not really into it, so probably not. And given that we've had terrible luck trying to deal with Chinese/Taiwanese license holders anyway, we'd probably get nowhere with it even if we wanted to.
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #5250

Apr 2016

Quote:
Not really into it, so probably not. And given that we've had terrible luck trying to deal with Chinese/Taiwanese license holders anyway, we'd probably get nowhere with it even if we wanted to.
How about Hong Kong? I need Ebola Syndrome and The Untold Story, Jared! Badly!

Edit: Never mind, looks like Men Behind The Sun is Hong Kong also. Damn.

Last edited by tek8080; 06-22-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Thanks given by:
GhastlyGraham (07-11-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 04:45 PM   #5251
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek8080 View Post
How about Hong Kong? I need Ebola Syndrome and The Untold Story, Jared! Badly!

Edit: Never mind, looks like Men Behind The Sun is Hong Kong also. Damn.
Yeah, by "Chinese" I pretty much mean "Hong Kong". Never gotten anywhere trying to sign movies from there. Which is a shame, as there are of course hundreds of great movies we would love to do from the former colony.
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (06-22-2018), logboy (06-22-2018), silver_emulsion (06-22-2018), tek8080 (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #5252
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Yeah, by "Chinese" I pretty much mean "Hong Kong". Never gotten anywhere trying to sign movies from there. Which is a shame, as there are of course hundreds of great movies we would love to do from the former colony.
Out of curiosity, does the KOFA have any Korean kung fu movies - Dragon Lee for instance - to license?
Old 06-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #5253
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

Quote:
is there a reluctance on the part of the rights owners to license in other countries in general?
Old 06-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #5254
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
is there a reluctance on the part of the rights owners to license in other countries in general?
It's difficult to get them to speak to us at all. Often with HK films, they are owned by large companies that want to do huge deals for a dozen or more movies or they won't even consider it, i.e. Celestial with the Shaw Bros stuff. Or conversely, there were tons of Hong Kong and Taiwanese horror and exploitation films from the 70s and 80s that were made by fly-by-night companies that have long since disappeared, leaving rights (and materials) in complete limbo.

Through an agent I've been in negotiations with a independent producer in that part of the world for a film that we are interested in. But there are weeks and months at a time when they don't respond to our queries or suggestions. Not sure why. Hopefully it will come to something eventually. It's a pretty cool little movie. But for some reason it's like pulling teeth to get them to talk to us about making a deal.
Thanks given by:
painiac (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #5255
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

that's quite a lot of overhead, looking to license movies in a lump sum type deal
Old 06-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #5256
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
Out of curiosity, does the KOFA have any Korean kung fu movies - Dragon Lee for instance - to license?
KOFA doesn't really have the rights to the movies in their archive. They are (I think) a state subsidized organization whose main goal is the preservation of film materials. For stuff they release through their own label, they have to acquire the rights like anyone else.

I'm sure they have materials for some of those martial arts films, although I'm willing to bet that there are more that are lost. A sad state of affairs that affects tons of films made in Korea before the 1990s.

It's not necessarily something we're terribly interested in. If we did martial arts stuff we'd more want to do some of the amazing Taiwanese fantasy/kung-fu films. The Pearl Cheung Ling films, and so forth. But as for those see my comments in my previous post.
Thanks given by:
SpiderBaby (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #5257
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Does Unearthed even do blurays out of curiosity? Anyway, they are more of a gore label, there's much more going on in MBTS methinks.
Kind of. I feel like the gore is the only reason anyone ever watches it, though, and thus you're right about it belonging on Unearthed. It's definitely not an interesting film.
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (06-23-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 10:58 PM   #5258
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
If we did martial arts stuff we'd more want to do some of the amazing Taiwanese fantasy/kung-fu films. The Pearl Cheung Ling films, and so forth. But as for those see my comments in my previous post.
Man I only wish to see her films in a better state than vhs. A total badass!
Old 06-23-2018, 01:59 AM   #5259

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
Kind of. I feel like the gore is the only reason anyone ever watches it, though, and thus you're right about it belonging on Unearthed. It's definitely not an interesting film.
Politely disagree, there's much more to the film than the gore.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #5260

Nov 2017

Quote:
Politely disagree, there's much more to the film than the gore.
Yeah, but I think the thing that happens is that people put the film on all these "ToP 50 MOST ShocKING MovIeS EVVERRRRR MAdE #gore" Lists. And that is a big part of the films main exposure to people. Gore-hounds trying to get their fix. I'm not debating the films merits, just the fact that a fair deal of people go looking for films on these lists to be shocked, and this film is ALWAYS on those lists.
Thanks given by:
cakefactory (07-09-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors