Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
4 hrs ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
4 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
16 hrs ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

Django + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$36.68
4 hrs ago
The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-22-2018, 02:04 AM   #1

Oct 2010
Rhode Island
Default I Can Only Imagine (2018)

The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you.
Scottie's Storefront
Thanks given by:
dudley76 (07-24-2018), hagios (06-15-2018), Kidfury (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 11:37 PM   #2

Sep 2011
San Antonio, TX
Send a message via Yahoo to Kidfury

Any news on if we're going to get a 4K release? If so I'm assuming a 2K DI? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2018, 04:36 AM   #3

Sep 2015

I went in expecting a nice movie instead it delivered greatness. A very pleasant surprise indeed! I cant say I even heard of this particular song before this film but Im going to be buying a copy soon. I'm certainly going to buy this Blu-ray!
Thanks given by:
dudley76 (07-24-2018), SeattleDucks (05-02-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

I saw "I can Only Imagine" in a commercial movie theater. It was a awesome Christian movie (7 million dollar budget and over 82.1 million in box office sales). Most likely we well not see a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release for this movie for some unknown reason. Many 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie releases are very popular with somewhere between 100 million to 500+ million in box office sales. However the Christian movie Risen only had 46.1 million in box office sales and that movie was released on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format. As the 4K format gets more popular we should start to see several more movies that generated less then 100 million dollars at the box office getting a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray releases.

Now the standard 1080P Blu-ray list price for I can Only Imagine is $39.99 and Amazon is currently selling it at full list price. I realize we have some inflation in the United States, however at $39.99 that price is higher then many 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray releases.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 05-01-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
Now the standard 1080P Blu-ray list price for I can Only Imagine is $39.99 and Amazon is currently selling it at full list price. I realize we have some inflation in the United States, however at $39.99 that is price higher then many 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray releases.
That's MSRP. Every new release has pretty much the same MSRP. Anyone who buys discs knows that the price will drop. It's not "inflation."
Old 05-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
That's MSRP. Every new release has pretty much the same MSRP. Anyone who buys discs knows that the price will drop. It's not "inflation."

I have just been seeing inflation in a lot of things lately. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=6464

Sudios can price their Blu-ray discs at what every list price they want, however that $39.99 list price for a 1080P Blu-ray is $5-$10 higher when compared to some 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray releases. Perhaps the list price and street price need to be higher since in general Christian Blu-ray titles have less sells when compared to secular movies. And yes I plan on buying this title on Blu-ray even if I have to pay the full price of $39.99, however at that price I would have liked to have seen a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 05-02-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-15-2018, 06:24 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

It is good to see I Can Only Imagine on Blu-ray at a pre-order price of $22.99 at Amazon's website. That is a good price for a 1080P Christian movie.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

Chalk me up as another one who was very pleasantly surprised by this movie.

I wrote about it on my site.

http://www.silverscreensurprises.com...y-imagine.html
I'll be back for more bargain bin Blus!

Threads I curate: Big Lots Deals | 7-Eleven Blu-ray Deals | 99-cent HD Rental of the Week
Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Wow this pre-order is now down to $19.99 at Amazon. That is half the original list price. There must be some type of automated software program at Amazon that keeps lowering the price of pre-orders if the QTY of a certain title has a low amount of pre-orders. When a certain title is in high demand with a lot of pre-orders, then that title is sold at or close to the full list price.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #10

Dec 2009

Looking forward to watching this... Tried to get to the theater to support the film but could not find the time.
Pioneer Elite SC-27 + Emotiva XPA-5 | Paradigm Monitor 11 v6 | Paradigm CC-390 | Paradigm Monitor 9 v6 |Pair of Hsu Research HIW-1s | Pair of PSA S3000i subs
Old 06-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #11
Expert Member

Apr 2016
MD

"Agreed" to go see this with my friend who is more of a believer than I am. Could not have been more pleasantly surprised with this film. Absolutely loved it, not because of the religious theme but more the father/son relationship. Maybe not at the current price, but must own when goes on sale.
Thanks given by:
SeattleDucks (06-15-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #12

Aug 2015

I agree. I was watching for some of the actors, but this did not feel overly religious or preachy to me. It felt like the right amount of religious content given the story the movie is telling.
Thanks given by:
SeattleDucks (06-15-2018), tilallr1 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #13
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

Quote:
It is good to see I Can Only Imagine on Blu-ray at a pre-order price of $22.99 at Amazon's website. That is a good price for a 1080P Christian movie.
I can only imagine this will be below $10 in a couple weeks.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
I can only imagine this will be below $10 in a couple weeks.
I see what you did there.

Threads I curate: Big Lots Deals | 7-Eleven Blu-ray Deals | 99-cent HD Rental of the Week
Old 06-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
I agree. I was watching for some of the actors, but this did not feel overly religious or preachy to me. It felt like the right amount of religious content given the story the movie is telling.

Same here and I totally agree! What a surprising well put together little film. Honestly I wasn't expecting to like it ... at all ... but it has a lot of heart to it.

Great performance by Dennis Quaid !!!
TIL ALL ARE ONE THEATER
Projector: PIONEER FPJ1 (JVC RS2 Clone) 1080P LCOS
Screen: 106" EluneVision 16:9 (White) - 1.2 Gain
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
Blu-ray: Sony Playstation 3 - 60GB
SVS 7.2 SURROUND SOUND: Fronts & Surrounds: SVS SBS-01 / Center: SVS SCS-01 / Subs: SVS PB10-NSD

TILALLR1's UV / iTunes / Google Play / Disney DMA/DMR / Digital Copy - CODES FOR SALE
Old 06-22-2018, 02:52 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

"The faith-based I Can Only Imagine, distributed by Lionsgate, debuted at No. 1 on the NPD VideoScan First Alert sales chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart the week ended June 16."

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/i-can-...-video-charts/
Old 06-22-2018, 07:28 AM   #17
Banned

Mar 2011

Quote:
No one says 1080P movie. Or is that a play off your screen name?
Old 06-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
No one says 1080P movie. Or is that a play off your screen name?

My point is the movie is available in 1080P quality for around $20. I would have paid $30 or $40 if a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray version would have been released.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:01 AM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

I Can Only Imagine Blu-ray user review

I Can Only Imagine is an inspiring true story. This Christian movie was very successful at the box office. The movie had a low budget of 7 million dollars, however it ended up generating over 85.2 million dollars at the box office according to the latest online financial information. Of course, the true success of a Christian movie is how many souls were saved and how many lives changed after viewing the movie. The extra features mention how the song itself, "I Can Only Imagine" changed peoples lives including one person that decided to continue living and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I Can Only Imagine is rated PG. This movie is about the life story of Bart Miller and the contemporary Christian MercyMe band. Like many people in the world, Bart Miller experienced both physical and emotional abuse from his unsaved Father while growing up as a young child and during Barts teenage years. In addition, families that experience a divorce also have many problems from the emotional effects of a divorce. However later on in life with the help of Jesus Christ families can be restored and relationships healed (That is if people using their God given free will decide to make positive changes in their life).

I Can only Imagine on Blu-ray is a good movie for both Christians and non-Christians to see. It contains very useful information on how and why Bart Miller created one of the most popular Christian songs. For the week ending on June 16th I Can Only imagine is the number one selling Blu-ray. It’s rare to see a Christian movie be more popular then every other secular movie released in that one week period. This means many non-Christians are also purchasing this movie.

Video quality

Lionsgate should have released this movie on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format, but for some unknown reason this movie only received a standard 1080P Blu-ray disc release. This movie was released on a Blu-ray and DVD combo pack. The dual layer 480i DVD uses a total of 7.92GB of space out of 8.5GB. For those families that own 100% Blu-ray players, there is no reason to watch the lower quality 480i DVD disc since the 1080P Blu-ray disc contains the exact same movie and the exact same movie trailers and extra features. The only purpose of the DVD disc is for those families that do not own a Blu-ray player in every room.

I Can Only Imagine dual layer Blu-ray disc uses a total of 36.7GB of space out of 50GB. For some scenes the average MPEG-4/AVC codec bit rate was around 24Mbps, however some other scenes briefly dip to around 11Mbps but many scenes are also in the 35-40Mbps range. Overall color quality and facial detail looked nice. People with standard 1080P displays well most likely be happy with the video performance of this release. However hopefully in the years to come Lionsgate might decide to re-release this movie on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format (then again that might never happen and this 1080P Blu-ray could end up being the best way to watch this movie for several years to come).

Audio quality

This Christian movie received a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack that is bit for bit exactly the same quality as the 5.1 PCM studio master. Overall the dialogue coming out of the center speaker was easy to understand, along with some nice subwoofer and rear speaker activity from the surround channels. This movie received a very good audio mix that at times sounded like one was in an auditorium with its unique style of acoustics. If this movie would have received a bigger budget, then 11.1 DTS:X lossless audio could have been created, but the studio master for this movie is only 5.1 PCM.

Special Features

The Blu-ray jacket slipcover has a sticker on it claiming that there is 3 hours of extras. In reality there is over 3 hours of extras. Around 90 minutes of regular bonus features. Then 110 minutes and 20 seconds for the audio commentary track. I found the audio commentary track to be very enjoyable to listen too. This Blu-ray disc main menu and 100% of all the extra features use the MPEG-4/AVC codec with a resolution of 1080P. Except for the movie trailers, all the bonus features use the lossy 2.0 Dolby Digital 192kbps soundtrack. The movie trailers contain a lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital 448kbps soundtrack. “Imagine Forgiveness with Bart Millard” lasts 12 minutes and 40 seconds. “MercyME: The Early Days” lasts 7 minutes and 25 seconds. “Casting I Can Only Imagine” lasts 7 minutes and 23 seconds. “The Power of the Song” lasts 7 minutes and 43 seconds. “Creating Imagine” lasts 14 minutes and 3 seconds. “The Music of Imagine” lasts 6 minutes and 48 seconds. “Dennis Quaid “On My Way To Heaven”” lasts 8 minutes and 45 seconds. “Deleted Scenes” lasts 16 minutes and 33 seconds. “Also From Lionsgate” (trailers) lasts 7 minutes and 55 seconds.

Conclusion

I Can Only Imagine on Blu-ray is based on a true story. Those interested in learning about the life of Bart Miller and the MercyME band well most likely enjoy this movie. The 1080P picture quality and 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio is very good. The over 3 hours of bonus features is enjoyable with a lot of interesting facts (Its nice to see a Christian movie crew spend the money and create a commentary track for this Blu-ray disc). Overall this movie is highly recommended for both Christians and non-Christians that are interested in knowing how this “I Can Only Imagine” song was created and why it became so popular.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 06-24-2018 at 04:34 AM.
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (06-26-2018), dudley76 (07-24-2018), hagios (06-24-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

The book version of I Can Only Imagine is $1.99 on Kindle, today only.

https://smile.amazon.com/Can-Only-Im...dp/B072TQKR22/

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America