Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Glass (iTunes)
$4.99
17 hrs ago
Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Jurassic Park (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Do the Right Thing (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Kingsman: The Secret Service (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
The Hateful Eight (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Die Hard with a Vengeance (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Kingsman 2 Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.98
17 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (iTunes)
$7.99

Django Unchained (iTunes)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 01-13-2021, 01:02 AM   #61

Jan 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I stipulate that payment must be confirmed before I send out the code. If someone doesn't pay up, I know they were trying to scam a free code and ignore them. I have yet to be authentically ripped-off by a member, though...its a pretty honest bunch here.
You should double your income and sell the DVDs too. I always sell the DVDs on eBay and usually get about 5.00$ for new releases.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:21 AM   #62
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebluraydiscs229 View Post
You should double your income and sell the DVDs too. I always sell the DVDs on eBay and usually get about 5.00$ for new releases.
Too much trouble to package them up and ship them out, and once I factored in eBay fees and shipping costs, I'd be making, what, a buck a movie? Plus, by using these as birthday or Christmas gifts for my family, I save a ton in gifts I don't buy.

Last edited by Monterey Jack; 01-13-2021 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:46 AM   #63
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Yes......yes I do. Iíve got hundreds more codes to redeem to my account.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:36 AM   #64
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Backed up: 53.57 TBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebluraydiscs229 View Post
Oh. I guess these codes have less value to me than I originally thought.
If you want to know how PM me.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #65

Dec 2016
SC
Default Digital copies

I have seen a lot of benefits to redeeming digital copies. Back when UV was alive and well I had quite a few friends linked in as well, all contributing to the collection. Now with MA many of us are still linked in through the various retailers. It's a huge space saver in that I usually trade off the movie that I don't see us watching over and over, but I can still have a digital copy. Also I don't have to have a 4k player with every TV. I do wish Sony would bring back the 400 disc players though. I'd buy a couple 4ks in a heartbeat and load up all my physical media. My 400 disc DVD is still going strong!
Old 01-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #66

Jun 2012
Las Vegas, NV

In a word: Yep!
Old 01-13-2021, 07:26 PM   #67

Jan 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Too much trouble to package them up and ship them out, and once I factored in eBay fees and shipping costs, I'd be making, what, a buck a movie? Plus, by using these as birthday or Christmas gifts for my family, I save a ton in gifts I don't buy.
I charge shipping to the buyer, but I see your point. I sometimes wonder if itís worth the five bucks to stand in a line at the PO.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:40 PM   #68
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-

I use them so I can set up accounts for my friends and family members to watch my movies without them coming to my house and stealing them. I mean borrowing them and not returning.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:10 PM   #69
Expert Member

Dec 2020

No. I was interested at first in the idea of digital versions as backups, but the platforms are so segmented and the streams so poor looking that I stopped caring. Besides, I can already make backups for most discs anyway.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (01-16-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 12:50 AM   #70

Apr 2010

I went digital a few years back. It has lead me to purge more "clutter" (other collections) - from my life and I feel so much better. Thank you digital.
Thanks given by:
Froggy0705 (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 01:58 AM   #71
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013

Yes I do. Great to have a second source.

If everything happens to go south in my life and I have to have a fire sale, I’ll still have my digital movie/tv collection. Approaching 1000
Old 01-14-2021, 02:01 AM   #72
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Gun View Post
No. I was interested at first in the idea of digital versions as backups, but the platforms are so segmented and the streams so poor looking that I stopped caring. Besides, I can already make backups for most discs anyway.
I am very happy with the streaming picture. I watched Civil War yesterday and I have several early iTunes movies in SD like Inside Man. They all looked fine. I was thinking of upgrading Inside Man, Hanna and Meet John Doe but decided against it for now,
Old 01-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #73
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tortured Duckling View Post
It's not so bad, honestly. You're just not "allowed" to use the friends & family payment. The tricky part is being selective in whom you trade with, because selling codes is a bit of an "honor system" transaction since you can't test them before sending them to a potential buyer, so if the buyer were to tell you the code doesn't work you're left wondering if that's actually the case or if that person did use it and simply wants their money back.

Granted, this didn't happen to me back when I sold a few of my duplicate codes but it did concern me. I simply chose to avoid trading with new members or those without any trading history.
You can check your codes, just log out of MA or Vudu and type in the code. If it asks you to log in, it's valid on Vudu and MA. There's ways to test them, there's even ways with some codes to find out exactly when (Date) and what time it was redeemed.
Also technically the rules are seller sends the code first then payment is received. I've yet to be scammed on here and I almost always send the code first. Exception is a high priced code like say Bond collection or even Lord of The Rings 4K.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:29 AM   #74
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner1 View Post
I went digital a few years back. It has lead me to purge more "clutter" (other collections) - from my life and I feel so much better. Thank you digital.
Convenience seems to be a key talking point, but freeing of clutter is a pretty major one as well. I had to pay to store my physical media collection for months at a facility several miles away. There are certainly a decent amount of movies where I probably should have just redeemed the code.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:05 AM   #75

Dec 2020

Hrm I never thought of selling them, and I've never used a one of em so I probably have like 50 of them. I never really paid attention to them but also never throw them out, do they usually have expiration dates on them?
Old 01-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #76
Power Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkonex View Post
Hrm I never thought of selling them, and I've never used a one of em so I probably have like 50 of them. I never really paid attention to them but also never throw them out, do they usually have expiration dates on them?
most of those will still be good codes. they usually do not expire on the listed date
Old 01-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #77

Jun 2020
Loveland, Colorado

Thing is you don't really own those digital copies and of course people are gonna say you don't really own them on your disc but you got it in your hands. They may save you space and clutter but at the same time they can disappear. I do redeem them and use them from time to time. But overall physical is the way to go in my opinion to collect!
Old 01-16-2021, 09:57 PM   #78
Expert Member

Dec 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy0705 View Post
Thing is you don't really own those digital copies and of course people are gonna say you don't really own them on your disc but you got it in your hands. They may save you space and clutter but at the same time they can disappear. I do redeem them and use them from time to time. But overall physical is the way to go in my opinion to collect!
Now that you mention it, I find it lame of people who don't care about this hobby to parrot that you don't own a disc. They often use it to justify digital account-accessed purchases. Yes, I do actually physically own that disc and the information stored on it. The legal disclaimers and terms of use make no practical difference. A studio will never come to my home and take it, so why even bring up that it is legally only a license? Speaking practically instead of legally, I possess that copy of the movie. If you agree with a law in a moral sense, that's one thing, but what kind of a goody-two-shoes lives by and talks up every silly law that is legally applicable to them?

This is what I mean. Just sneaks it in there like it's obligatory. "By the way, it's not really yours."
Thanks given by:
Froggy0705 (01-17-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 08:17 AM   #79
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Bama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy0705 View Post
Biggest reason I went back to collecting physical media. I like both so Iím not gonna knock either. I have over 7,000 digital films over all the mediaís. A ton of those were from merging accounts back in the day with a member on this forum actually. Donít know if Iíll still be on this planet in 15 years but Iíd love to see if they are still accessible come that time.
Thanks given by:
Froggy0705 (01-20-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 05:34 PM   #80

Mar 2019
New England

For the longest time I didn't, though I did hang onto the codes. Then one day I decided to just redeem whatever I could.

I had no intention of ever using them, my rationale was something along the lines of "digital movie viewing is a wasteland of crappy apps and poor experiences now, but maybe one day it'll be better and if that day ever comes then I'll have a bunch of digital movies already".

Then I kind of stopped redeeming them again. Again, still have the codes I've acquired since, but I'm not doing anything with them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies