Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.75

PokÚmon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fascination Coral Reef 3D: Mysterious Worlds Underwater (Blu-ray)
$7.14

The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.12

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 03-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #121
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Some movement on the full 1080p per eye "70║ FOV"* OLED Luci front:

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/08/l...entertainment/

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...s-at-SXSW.html

Manuel Gasparini on AVSf posted 5 months ago that they replied it would accept "signals from any source HDMI" but would that include Blu-ray 3D?

Specs include "Blu-ray Player" :

Also, specs say 60Hz so then still no 72Hz/120Hz for 24p

This is what it says about connectivity:

Quote:
Designed to tether to mobile devices, LUCI uses the latest USB-C connection to connect to laptops, smartphones, and tablets and gaming devices such as PS4, Switch and others can use an HDMI cable.
Apple devices can connect when using an adapter.

LUCI was made to provide a better experience for streaming media and also includes an APP with exclusive content in 2D, 3D, 4K, 8K and 360░
Quote:
Universal Connectivity

You know how good a USB-C can be. Connect your smartphone and laptops through our USB-C port. PCs, laptops, game consoles can easily be connected via HDMI cable. LUCI immers can also connect to Apple devices via the Lightning to USB-C Adapter.

2K 4K 8K | 2D 3D 360░ | Movie, Sit-com, Concert, Sport & Game. With Type C connecting to your phone, LUCI immers allows you to dive into your most lucid dream.

Early bird offer: Supported non HDCP required apps and games
Maybe with these:

https://www.luci.one

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...sonal-cinema#/

*Says 1023" screen @ 20 meters
If that's 1023" diagonal it's a 59║ horizontal field of view
If that's 1023" wide it's a 66║ horizontal find of view

Last edited by Deciazulado; 03-26-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (07-10-2019), kurosawa (03-26-2019), Paul H (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #122
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Is there a link to the Luci VR headset 3-19-19 Kickstarter program?

Quote:
Luci*is unveiling a new kind of entertainment virtual reality headset, dubbed the Luci Immers, that promises crystal-clear viewing of VR films and other content, thanks to dual micro-organic-light-emitting displays (Micro-OLED).
The Santa Clara, California-based company, which is a division of Beijing-based AT Holding, is a late entrant in a crowded field. But it believes it has targeted a part of the market that hasn’t been covered well by the competition, said Minqin “Crystal” Tang, executive vice president at Luci. The company will start a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign on Tuesday, March 19.
Edit: Found it.
LUCI immers, a Portable Personal Cinema

Last edited by Paul H; 03-26-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #123
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

^ isn't this it?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...sonal-cinema#/

press release:
Quote:
LUCI
immers
is available now on Indiegogo
with spe
cial pricing for early adopters
To learn more
visit the
camp
aign here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/1508b671
Thanks given by:
Paul H (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #124
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
Manuel Gasparini on AVSf posted 5 months ago that they replied it would accept "signals from any source HDMI" but would that include Blu-ray 3D?

Specs include "Blu-ray Player" :

Also, specs say 60Hz so then still no 72Hz/120Hz for 24p
Would really like to know if "3D format" includes MVC frame-pack compatibility.
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.31.45 AM.jpg
Old 07-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #125

Jul 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
So I've been trying out the Cinera and Royale Moon headsets for the last 2 weeks. I used my trusty 3-D torture test, Dark Country 3D to see how well they handled it. For the record, both headsets play 3-D Blu-Rays over HDMI using both my Oppo BDP-93 and my Oppo UDP-203. No handshake issues.

Cinera

I knew that this headset would use LCD panels, so I wasn't expecting to see great black levels. And sure enough, blacks in Dark Country look like dark grays. Contrast is about on par with my DLP projector.

Another positive about the Cinera is the brightness and vivid colors. Colors have more pop than the Royale moon. I can't say for sure if they're more accurate, but they are definitely more pleasing to the eye.

There is basically no screen door effect on this device at all despite it's considerably large screen size.

3-D looks deep and popouts are well projected. Bright display and vivid colors combined with a large screen size (estimated to be 66 degrees FOV) help to do that.

The Cinera is huge, and unlike the Royale Moon, doesn't come with a headset. It comes with a burden-free arm that you attach to a desk or intable and watch without having to wear it on your head. There is a headset that is sold on the Cinera website for those that want/need it, but this device is meant more for home viewing, and not ideal for portable use.

But here comes the downside and ultimately why I sent the Cinera back to Amazon. While it does support 3-D Blu-Ray's over HDMI, the movies frame-skip during playback. From what I can gather, the Cinera plays back 3-D films over HDMI at 1440p and 30hz. This puts considerable strain on the system, and it simply can't play it without frame skipping. I was able to make a full SBS 3-D video (3840x1080) of Dark Country and played it back from a USB stick. This did not have frame skipping. Playing it off the USB, the Cinera plays it back at 1080p-60fps. While this is nice, I bought this to play back 3-D blu-ray's over HDMI, not SBS over USB.

Another problem with the device is the sluggish motion. It's almost like the films are chugging through mud. The Royale Moon does not exhibit this problem at all. I don't believe it has anything to do with the panels. I believe the Cinera doesn't properly perform 3:2 pulldown, which converts 24fps film into 60hz. So even when frames aren't skipping, the motion isn't pleasant to look at.

Royale Moon

Unlike the Cinera, the Royale Moon does not skip frames during 3-D playback over HDMI. It also doesn't exhibit the sluggish motion problems the Cinera shows. It's not quite as smooth as my LG tv, but I believe LG has a special feature called Real Cinema which converts 24fps to 120hz. Converting 24fps to 120hz is more simple than converting to 60hz, since all you have to do is multiply 24 by 5. Simple math.

I knew going in that the Royale Moon had OLED panels, so I expected to see perfect blacks. And sure enough I did. No milky gray blacks here. Some Royale Moon reviewers have said that the Royale Moon's blacks aren't perfect. They probably have the display set to the Brightest setting. Even an LG OLED won't display perfect blacks if you set the brightness too high. I personally don't mind the brightest setting. Blacks are dark enough for me even at that setting.

Playing back Dark Country, the Royale Moon handles the film differently than the Cinera. Unlike the Cinera, which has washed out blacks during dark scenes, the Royale Moon tends to crush details a bit too much, resulting in lost detail and heavy amounts of banding in dark scenes. LG OLED's do this a bit to but have improved significantly with later models.

With dark scenes it's pick your poison. Do you want washed out blacks that look grey or crushed detail and banding? I tend to prefer the latter over the former. Poor contrast is my pet peeve.

The Royale Moon does exhibit a very slight screen door effect if you're looking for it, but it's hardly noticeable while watching a film. This is a huge step above the PS VR. It doesn't match the Cinera's zero screen door effect, but it's close enough to compete.

The Royale Moon's colors don't pop like the Cinera and screen isn't as bright. This isn't as much of an issue for a dark film like Dark Country, but CGI animation will exhibit more pop on the Cinera than the Royale Moon.

As for the 3-D, it looks very good. Watching Dark Country with zero crosstalk and inky blacks is a new experience. My DLP projector can do the former, and my OLED TV can do the latter, but neither can do both. But there is a downside. The screen is bit too small for my liking. I prefer the larger screen on the Cinera. A larger screen helps to improve the immersive 3-D experience. I can sit closer to my DLP projector screen or my TV. I can't change the screen size on the Royale Moon so I'm stuck with one size.

The Royale Moon also uses a touchpad control system on the right ear pad. It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. It's still kinda funky.

The Royale Moon is a more appropriate choice for portability. It comes with a pair of noise-cancelling headphones that are integrated and also act as a headband. So you won't be able to use your own headphones like you can do with the Cinera. This is either a blessing or a curse depending upon what you want.

Pros and Cons

Cinera

Pros

*Large 66 degree FOV screen
*Bright screen. Vivid colors
*Burden-free Arm
*Works with 3-D blu-rays over HDMI, no handshake issues
*No screen door effect.

Cons

*Frame-skipping during 3-D Blu-ray playback over HDMI.
*Poor motion during playback. Films look like they're playing in mud.
*Poor contrast and poor black levels.
*Not ideal for portable use.

Royale Moon

Pros

*Works with 3-D blu-rays over HDMI, no handshake issues
*Perfect contrast and black levels
*Smoother playback than the Cinera
*No skipped frames during 3-D Blu-ray playback over HDMI
*Ideal for portable use.

Cons

*Touchpad control is difficult to use at first.
*Screen isn't as bright. Colors don't pop as well as the Cinera.
*Very slight screen door effect. Hardly noticeable while watching movies.
*Tends to crush detail during dark scenes.
*Headphones are integrated and can't be removed without possibly destroying the device and voiding warranty.
*Screen size is too small for my liking. 3-D works better with a larger screen size.

Future Projects

There is an upcoming device called the Luci One Immers. It's an OLED headset with two 1920x1080 panels, but they've apparently found a way to eliminate the screen door effect despite the 1920x1080 resolution. So the FOV on this OLED headset will be 70 degrees FOV. A larger screen than the Cinera with perfect OLED blacks. And unlike the Cinera, this device will be portable and unlike the Royale Moon, there will be no integrated headset. It's coming out sometime next year. It looks promising. Hopefully the Luci One Immers developers are looking at this post. They could learn a lot from what the Royale Moon and Cinera did right and wrong.
I have been following this IGG campaign, and almost backed it myself.

I believe (though there is no confirmed evidence) that the LUCI Immerse uses a newer type of OLED screen which boasts a higher contrast ratio than the Goovis G2 (100K:1 vs 10K:1). One of the limitations that put me off is that the Immers apparently won't support 3D frame packing if you connect it to a 3D blu-ray player. You will need to convert the video to a full SBS 3-D video (3840x1080) in order to watch full-3D movies.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #126
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasx123 View Post
I have been following this IGG campaign, and almost backed it myself.

I believe (though there is no confirmed evidence) that the LUCI Immerse uses a newer type of OLED screen which boasts a higher contrast ratio than the Goovis G2 (100K:1 vs 10K:1). One of the limitations that put me off is that the Immers apparently won't support 3D frame packing if you connect it to a 3D blu-ray player. You will need to convert the video to a full SBS 3-D video (3840x1080) in order to watch full-3D movies.
Is there a source where it mentions the LUCI immers - does not have MVC encode support?

That was the problem with the Avegant Glyph.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #127

Jul 2019

They confirm it in the comments section of the IGG campaign:

LUCI immers 4 months ago

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...8452#/comments

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...md/x/1638452#/

The only way to view full-3D video on LUCI Immers is by producing the 3840x1080 SBS 3D conversions.

PROJECT OWNER
"Sorry, we don't support frame-packing 3D blu-ray player."

"LUCI immers supports content of 8K, 4K, 2K, 1080P and with lower resolution; immers also support 2D, 3D Top and Bottom, 3D SBS, VR180 ̊, VR360 ̊ content (up to 90 FPS)"

"You don’t have to choose 3D output formats; please choose immers output at PowerDVD and you may set the resolution of 3840*1080 via LUCI Home. Here is a video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNmbk3Bi3w&t=24s"

"When playing 3D via third-party software such as PowerDVD and PotPlayer, you need to set the resolution of immers as 3840 * 1080 via LUCI Home."

It is covered on the LUCI Immers Indiegogo page in the comments section. A lot of us cancelled our pledges because of the lack of support for MVC/full-3D frame-packing.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 07-11-2019 at 01:18 AM. Reason: merge/approve
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors