Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30
23 hrs ago
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 05-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #41
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Hmmm. Interesting question. I actually wish I could be more like my online self in real life. I'm more open with my opinions and feelings online. In real life I've always been shy and introverted (not a good combo, IMO), and in recent years a bit of an anti-social loner, so I keep a lot to myself. I'm the quiet one who doesn't say much and hopes no one notices or is afraid to say anything for fear of looking like an idiot, but online I'm a little more likely to jump into the fray and share my thoughts. As a result, sometimes I may come across as more blunt than I intended to.
I used to be so shy, introverted and anti social. I changed a lot when I went back to school at 27. Being a grown adult in a world full of brain-dead knowitall knownothing idiots really made me grow up a lot. It takes time but you can overcome it. Now I am a news reporter interviewing important people nearly every day. Can't be shy if you want to talk interview a cop or lawyer for a story.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #42
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

I'm pretty much the same in real life, for better or worse.

I'm a social introvert in real life. I'm extremely talkative at parties, at get-togethers, and in public, so most people think that I'm an extrovert, but I'm also one of the first people to leave a party, and I always need a lot of time on my own to recharge.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:08 PM   #43
Special Member

Mar 2013
Fresno, Ca.

I'm as real as I can be without being banned. I've voiced my opinion a couple of times here that were deemed politically incorrect and received a suspension.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:51 AM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013
-
-

I'm more of a jerk online than I am offline, but not by much. Why? Because I can.

I'm picky about the type of people I like to spend my time with.
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (05-25-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Apple Valley, MN

I try to be myself everywhere I go, regardless of whether you are talking to me in person or online. Granted, it's a little easier to be more open when you are behind a keyboard as opposed to face to face. I don't like to have to hide or otherwise pretend to be anyone else; I think the real singhcr is pretty cool so that's what everyone will get.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (06-10-2016), zorbonaut (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Dayton, OH

The farther away people are the better.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #47
Power Member

Nov 2014
Minnesota

I'm about the same online as I am in person.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #48
Expert Member

Sep 2008
Belgium

Definitely the same person, and seeing that I am "above average" kind (dunno if that makes sense), I usually come off as insulting or trolling towards people (in a heated discussion, for instance), which I am not.
Won't go into the details, but a simple conversation turned into a feud on Letterboxd, and my "critical comment" was somehow considered a personal insult. Even if it were the case lol, I got about 4 times that many insults thrown back. Hard to keep your cool... but that's what mantra is for.
On the other hand, it's pretty clear that behind keyboards, when people rant/attack someone, they don't go lightly...

Last edited by leey; 06-19-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Within The Woods ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_jelly View Post
I don't even own any blu rays.

You're lucky, you're hot.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #50

May 2014

Joined a home theatre forum in the late 1990's using my real name and began posting honest, respectful, ethical, and helpful items of interest. The anonymous naysayers beat me up at every turn like a gang rape, and the admins tossed me out on my ear because they enjoyed and relished the discord to drive up more ratings. I found most of the 90's forums were run that way. So I chose to say and write less and to go along with using a pen-name as a User Name. In 2000 I was invited to become an admin with a very large forum base, went through their 6 month training, and remain today an admin. After 16 years, I have seen it all. But I have found that a heavily moderated forum with distinct rules of conduct helps everyone have a respectful place to enjoy their interests and comradery.

Be yourself, as long as "yourself" practices the golden rules of genuine respect and caring for others. And pretend that your great grandmother is looking over your shoulder.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:30 AM   #51
Expert Member

Jan 2016

This question would be best answered in this manner.

After some time you end up meeting some of the valued members of this site and become friends in real life.

Then ask them to compare how you behave in real life as opposed to on the forum.

I tend to let others decide if I am the same or not.

I like to think I am the same but there is one noticeable difference. I wouldn't butt into a conversation like I do on the forums, in real life though lol.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat