Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Alien (Blu-ray)
$10.00
5 hrs ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 06-18-2016, 11:39 PM   #121
Power Member

Jul 2009
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobean View Post
Haha, funny some posts are. Now I'm still new to the forum and I came from a different continent than most of you (so pardon the English) Yes zorbonaut got a point right, I love all things retro. But age wise is a little bit off -> you may guess again after reading the following.

Now the interesting part is, based on my collection, the blu-ray forum statistic page says I'm:

Strongly overrepresented: Family, Fantasy
Overrepresented: Adventure, Foreign, Martial arts
Underrepresented: Drama
Strongly underrepresented: Comic book, Crime, Dark humor, Erotic, Film-Noir, Heist, Horror, Nature, Other, Psychological thriller, Short, Sport, Thriller

But most of you says I love comic books.

The fact is I have purchased those blu-ray titles mainly for family watching. So in this round, the computer statistic wins haha. If it is purely my own collection the list could be slightly different, but now came to think of it, it will not be too far off. I'm not young but probably just young at heart haha.
Well, no point in making an ASSUMPTION of you now i guess.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:20 AM   #122

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeTi View Post
Well, no point in making an ASSUMPTION of you now i guess.
And you're a Korean living in Austria! I am as well living in Austria.. I guess this assumption is correct. 100% confident.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #123
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Lebanon, Mo
Send a message via Skype™ to jwblu

Quote:
And you're a Korean living in Austria! I am as well living in Austria.. I guess this assumption is correct. 100% confident.
Vary picky about his choice of films.

Prefers box sets to singles
Old 06-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #124
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
Also, yes I have at one time owned a Sega Saturn, a Sega CD, 32X, Genesis, Master System and Nomad, but I have never and will never own a Dreamcast. Overrated piece of shit that gets fondly remembered for all the wrong reasons.
I don't agree on 'PoS' as I've had some fun times with mine, but I will agree on overrated, both at the time and in retrospect. And it tends to be remembered by fanboys with revisionist gaming history ideas. Still, surprising for one using the name Segagamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbonaut View Post
No assumptions based on my collection?
I did yours earlier; I could try to come up with more.

How about..your favorite actor is either Brad Pitt or Will Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblu View Post

Seems we've a case of 'Takes one to know one'.

Also guessing college age or just after, but still appreciates youth-friendly films.
Thanks given by:
jwblu (06-20-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #125
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
I don't agree on 'PoS' as I've had some fun times with mine, but I will agree on overrated, both at the time and in retrospect. And it tends to be remembered by fanboys with revisionist gaming history ideas. Still, surprising for one using the name Segagamer.

The controller is garbage, plain and simple, any fun I might have had was nullified but that utterly useless piece of crap. The N64 controller was bad but it worked fantastic for the ONE game it was designed for and was crap for everything else. But Dreamcast, to me, is the worst controller ever made. I hate it more than I hate the Wii remote.

There were maybe ten games on the console that couldn't be played anywhere else, when it was brand knew Bleem was marketed like crazy. Why bother playing Dreamcast games when you could play PS1 games on the console, that translated to bad press and made the must have games look less desirable.

The machine was underpowered for the time, the games were lacking severely in framerate usually slowdown was rendered most games with any action like fighting games, wrestling games, shooters, nearly unplayable. People tend to over look those flaws either due to nostalgia, or they just don't care about tight gameplay I don't know. Saturn had flaws, sure, but it didn't have framerate issues on every game. It's biggest flaw was pop up which was normal for 3D games at the time so you can look past that.

I play Soul Caliber or Mortal Kombat Gold on Dreamcast they are not playable. I would rather play MK4 on N64 and SC 2 on any of the systems that followed. IDK maybe I was too harsh on it when it was knew *because* of the bad taste Saturn left in my mouth and the bad press Sega garnered as a result.

I saw the merits of Sega CD but it was flawed and the emphasis was, wrongly, placed on CD audio and FMV games. Turbo CD provided a template for what CD Rom games should be like and Sega dropped the ball but there was true potential. 32X was well a stop gap, it was a cheap entry gate into the next gen without going full in. At the time I loved it just for the MK2 game and Doom ports alone. Sure they were dated games but these were the best versions available, at the time.

I am not usually that picky, I tend to enjoy most game consoles, and maybe POS was too strong, but I felt the Dreamcast was overrated, failed to deliver on it's promises and above all it just leaves a sour note being the LAST Sega console, and the last true home console to really try to cater to the arcade market. As a person who grew up playing arcade games seeing the arcade industry die was harder on me than losing Sega, the undisputed kings of the arcade industry also. So yeah Dreamcast was just not my cup of tea.

I could enjoy the games that were worth playing on superior hardware with controllers and framerates that made the games playable or "barely" play them on the Dreamcast with it's terrible controller and framerate issues.

Also no assumptions based on my library even after I retracted my original objection?

Last edited by segagamer12; 06-20-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #126

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
Also no assumptions based on my library even after I retracted my original objection?
Completist in nature. Age about 35-40. Pretty much selective, and only the best of the best goes into your blu-ray list.

Our movie taste is quite similar, just that I haven't find a good price for those in your list, yet.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #127

Apr 2016

Quote:

Absolutely right! And there is one rule I always use when picking films to be in blu-ray -> of course I watch other films in other format too but for blu-ray collection, I am particularly picky.. The rule is simply that for most of the movie in my collection it has to be watchable again and again for at least 10 times without getting bored.
Thanks given by:
jwblu (06-22-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 AM   #128
Power Member

Aug 2013
Detroit suburbs, USA

Quote:
Absolutely right! And there is one rule I always use when picking films to be in blu-ray -> of course I watch other films in other format too but for blu-ray collection, I am particularly picky.. The rule is simply that for most of the movie in my collection it has to be watchable again and again for at least 10 times without getting bored.
- Needs to buy more blurays.
- Eats a lot of candy.
- Dislikes button-up shirts.
- Thinks Miley Cyrus is a super babe.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:08 AM   #129
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_jelly View Post
- Needs to buy more blurays.
- Eats a lot of candy.
- Dislikes button-up shirts.
- Thinks Miley Cyrus is a super babe.
Very organised but also fairly easy going and laid back, likes trying new things.
Thanks given by:
grape_jelly (06-25-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 12:19 AM   #130
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Lebanon, Mo
Send a message via Skype™ to jwblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Very organised but also fairly easy going and laid back, likes trying new things.
Prefers the unorganized approach (sign of a evil genius lol)
Old 06-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #131
Power Member

Aug 2013
Detroit suburbs, USA

Quote:
Prefers the unorganized approach (sign of a evil genius lol)
- Gets a lot of speeding tickets.
- Watches 2 Broke Girls on mute while he Google Image searches for Kat Dennings on his phone.
Thanks given by:
jwblu (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 07:34 AM   #132
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_jelly View Post
- Gets a lot of speeding tickets.
- Watches 2 Broke Girls on mute while he Google Image searches for Kat Dennings on his phone.
Reallly loves grape jelly, prefers indie and underground movies
Thanks given by:
grape_jelly (06-26-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #133
Power Member

Nov 2014
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
Reallly loves grape jelly, prefers indie and underground movies
  • Age 22-26
  • Adventurous
  • Male
  • Has facial hair
  • Sentimental
Thanks given by:
Nowhere (06-26-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #134
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbonaut View Post
  • Age 22-26
  • Adventurous
  • Male
  • Has facial hair
  • Sentimental
You're a sexually charged transvestite with a door knob fetish and an affinity for fifties-style diners.
Thanks given by:
zorbonaut (06-25-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #135
Power Member

Aug 2013
Detroit suburbs, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
You're a sexually charged transvestite with a door knob fetish and an affinity for fifties-style diners.
Uses the word 'knockers' when referring to a woman's breasts at least once a week.

Excellent relationship with your mother.

Enjoys chocolate milk.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat