Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$18.99
7 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 07-26-2016, 03:31 AM   #101
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
What does this post of yours have to do with tipping? The conversation has obviously evolved. Quit thread crapping and move on.
Thread was derailed then close it. Topics don't evolve that is not how discussion forums work, start a new topic and move on.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #102
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
Thread was derailed then close it. Topics don't evolve that is not how discussion forums work, start a new topic and move on.
Why do you care either way? And what makes you think you're the arbiter of when a thread has run its course and should be closed? Nothing's forcing you to read the posts in this thread.

Aren't you past due to start another thread asking complete strangers on a movie forum to tell you how to do your job?
Thanks given by:
segagamer12 (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #103
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

I usually tip 18-20% and never, ever leave it on the table.
Those servers work too hard for me to leave their earnings to chance.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:21 PM   #104
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
Why do you care either way? And what makes you think you're the arbiter of when a thread has run its course and should be closed? Nothing's forcing you to read the posts in this thread.
Ha ha, you are funny I mean it that made me laugh. When did I complain about the thread? When did I say I was the authority of when a thread should close? All I said was I SUMMED UP how ridiculous the whole thread was in a paragraph that took me less than 30 seconds to type and I was accused to spending "all this time" in a thread I spent less than a minute in, skimming a few replies. Read my original, serious contribution to the discussion, I said my peace I was just amazed at how this is still going when a certain other thread was derailed recently and closed for going off topic, so it's a crime for me to expect the mods to show the same level of moderating in this thread as they do others?

Yes the RULES state to remain on topic, if you sway too far from topic the social norm is to start a new thread and move the discussion there. Leaving money on the table has been established as a common practice in the US as the OP was questioning, fine nothing wrong with a discussion, hell, HELLO, I myself enjoy engaging in these discussion with other human beings, that is kind of the reason I come here.

Quote:
Aren't you past due to start another thread asking complete strangers on a movie forum to tell you how to do your job?

Wait so mean asking vague questions on a hugely popular website that media industry people are well known to frequent it's some how wrong for me to ask career advice from a place there is a high chance I would encounter someone else in my field? Okay so that is a sin in your mind but I guess asking total strangers how to get a date or what to do about the doorman are okay then? Or asking total strangers about their foreign customs and then devolving that into a discussion on the merits of tipping to further derail into an off topic discussion about where to turn coin into cash. What is next, three pages of replies where people rant how Donald Trump is a billionaire and it's not fair they can't be him? When do you get to decide how a person should spend their time? If you don't like my replies why do you respond? Just ignore me, it's easy they have an ignore list, keep it up you might find yourself on mine, I tend not to do that except in extreme cases where a troll, like you, can't leave me alone because you have some obsession with me.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #105
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
Ha ha, you are funny I mean it that made me laugh. When did I complain about the thread? When did I say I was the authority of when a thread should close? All I said was I SUMMED UP how ridiculous the whole thread was in a paragraph that took me less than 30 seconds to type and I was accused to spending "all this time" in a thread I spent less than a minute in, skimming a few replies. Read my original, serious contribution to the discussion, I said my peace I was just amazed at how this is still going when a certain other thread was derailed recently and closed for going off topic, so it's a crime for me to expect the mods to show the same level of moderating in this thread as they do others?

Yes the RULES state to remain on topic, if you sway too far from topic the social norm is to start a new thread and move the discussion there. Leaving money on the table has been established as a common practice in the US as the OP was questioning, fine nothing wrong with a discussion, hell, HELLO, I myself enjoy engaging in these discussion with other human beings, that is kind of the reason I come here.

Wait so mean asking vague questions on a hugely popular website that media industry people are well known to frequent it's some how wrong for me to ask career advice from a place there is a high chance I would encounter someone else in my field? Okay so that is a sin in your mind but I guess asking total strangers how to get a date or what to do about the doorman are okay then? Or asking total strangers about their foreign customs and then devolving that into a discussion on the merits of tipping to further derail into an off topic discussion about where to turn coin into cash. What is next, three pages of replies where people rant how Donald Trump is a billionaire and it's not fair they can't be him? When do you get to decide how a person should spend their time? If you don't like my replies why do you respond? Just ignore me, it's easy they have an ignore list, keep it up you might find yourself on mine, I tend not to do that except in extreme cases where a troll, like you, can't leave me alone because you have some obsession with me.
If you think the thread is no longer on topic and should be closed, take it up with a moderator. No one's interested in reading your rambling nonsense.
Thanks given by:
Lacit170 (07-28-2016), segagamer12 (08-01-2016), WhySoBlu? (07-28-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #106
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
If you think the thread is no longer on topic and should be closed, take it up with a moderator. No one's interested in reading your rambling nonsense.
Thanks, that was MY POINT.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:58 AM   #107

May 2013

If you live in some areas of the country (USA), it's fine just to drop the money and go. In the small town in Ohio where I'm from, that wouldn't be unusual at all. But in California, where I am now, I wouldn't chance it. The industry is what it is.

A few years back I heard about a restaurant where the owner did away with tipping. Paid a good wage and was careful to hire quality people so that the issue of "incentive" wasn't a problem. Those most resistant to this format were actually the customers. They felt it took away their power. The people that complained the most were the ones that usually whined about tipping in the first place. Being able to "punish" the server by giving a low tip was what made them feel all powerful, and they didn't like being told they couldn't do that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat