Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

View Poll Results: Has your family been torn apart by a game?
Yes 2 22.22%
No 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 09:06 AM   #21
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post

It's her FB account..
But it's insulting to delete family from it.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #22
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Honestly, from what you're posting. You don't want anything to do with this Aunt or her side of the family. At the end of the day, everyone has these family issues, my family have huge falling outs frequently. But they work themselves out for the better in the end. Time is the best heeler of qualms like these, the whole argument will either be squashed over time for being so minor to be blown up to such large proportions, your Aunt will need you Mum's help in the future and will hopefully be able to put the whole thing behind them. If not the case, then I'm afraid it's not meant to be, but over time this Aunt won't prove to be such a big part of your life, and honestly that doesn't sound like a bad thing.

You can't control thing like this at the end of the day, I know your autism might make that hard to accept in some instances, but in the end, things just don't work in your favour. You've tried your best to reach out to her, and you've had no luck, and it's clear you're exasperating the situation if you try any further, at least at the time being. But this is honestly now between your mum and her sister now, and it's up to both of them to resolve it if they want to, and in their own time.

You might not like the advice being given, but please don't let this be a thread where you ask for advice and argue with people because they don't tell you what you want to hear.

EDIT: That said, going back over your original post, your Aunt has reason to be annoyed. It's not nice to have people talk behind your back, no matter how bad she may be. Everything else in the post still stands though.

Last edited by Foggy; 08-27-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #23
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
your Aunt will need you Mum's help in the future.
That's what we've tried telling her but she doesn't care so unless she gets over it we won't care in return.

Okay, maybe the group shouldn't have been created. Maybe I've been massively over-reacting in this thread. Maybe I shouldn't have threatened to keep creating Facebook accounts over it. But all of these actions have a motive that matters. It's hard to explain to people who have had no involvement with the aunt in question but when she does things it's for things that don't matter. For example: she once made a few nasty digs at a foreigner who used 'WC' for 'Welcome' because 'WC' can also mean 'water closet'.

When I did what I did towards the cousin in question, it was because I care about family and I can't stand it when families fall apart. It doesn't matter if I rarely see her or them, it doesn't matter if they're just cousins and aunts, it doesn't matter if they have been nasty in the past (past is the past). Family in my view is the most important thing in life because it's the inseparable bond that brings people together.

Anyway, I've decided to leave it alone and let her fall out. It's not worth it when she was the one who chose to fall out in the first place over a game. Getting involved has only made things worse anyway.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #24

Oct 2014

Agreed. Don't get involved. Let your mom deal with her directly. You are only stirring the pot.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
really?

it's freakin' facebook!

people put way too much stock in social media sites.

what happened to manning up and talking to someone face to face?

i'll quote WhySoBlu just so it's here again.

Quote:
It's her FB account. She can add or delete whoever she chooses for whatever reasons she wants - you don't have any say in the matter. None.

And this is FB we're talking about - outside of fourteen-year-old girls, who cares what happens on FB anyway? Grow up and get over it. Harassing people to get your way is not what rational adults do - it's what undisciplined children do. If you want to be treated like an adult, start acting like one.

Thanks given by:
Blu-Dog (09-10-2016), WhySoBlu? (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #26
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Tough.

It's also insulting to create a private group in order to badmouth your sister. It's also insulting to torment and harass others with sock puppet accounts after being blocked/banned (and we're all well aware that you've done the exact same thing to this site more than once.)

Here's an interesting observation: when the account that everyone knew was you - spoonnation - was banned, another sock puppet account was created (burgerbrigade) because "spoonnation" was so eager to get back here to post and clear "his" name. "He" PMd a bunch of people and wrote on their walls trying hard to convince everyone that "he" was not "you." The mods were convinced and you and "spoonnation" were both let back on. But the funny thing is, once you were "cleared," spoonnation never came back. "He" was sooooo concerned about getting on here to post obsessively about the new Ghostbusters again, but hasn't come back once since the issue was resolved. Isn't that funny?

And now, here you are bragging about creating a bunch of sock puppets to harass family members while in the same breath complaining about being insulted because said family members rightfully think you need adult supervision. Must just be a coincidence...

Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #27
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:

Here's an interesting observation: when the account that everyone knew was you - spoonnation - was banned, another sock puppet account was created (burgerbrigade) because "spoonnation" was so eager to get back here to post and clear "his" name. "He" PMd a bunch of people and wrote on their walls trying hard to convince everyone that "he" was not "you." The mods were convinced and you and "spoonnation" were both let back on. But the funny thing is, once you were "cleared," spoonnation never came back. "He" was sooooo concerned about getting on here to post obsessively about the new Ghostbusters again, but hasn't come back once since the issue was resolved. Isn't that funny?
This has already been cleared up by the moderators as a misunderstanding. If you want to discuss it further, then I suggest you take it up with them.

It's a coincidence, nothing more. Quite frankly I don't blame Spoonnation for not coming back here given how he was banned for being someone who he is not.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #28

Oct 2008

Not enough choices in the poll.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #29
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

Old 08-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #30
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
[Show spoiler]

Old 08-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #31

Feb 2008

Quote:
Tough.

It's also insulting to create a private group in order to badmouth your sister. It's also insulting to torment and harass others with sock puppet accounts after being blocked/banned (and we're all well aware that you've done the exact same thing to this site more than once.)

And now, here you are bragging about creating a bunch of sock puppets to harass family members while in the same breath complaining about being insulted because said family members rightfully think you need adult supervision. Must just be a coincidence...
Let's put this to bed once and for all, spoonnation absolutely was not Dalekbuster. This was investigated thoroughly and you need to understand we do not lightly perm-ban or un-ban folks.

Thanks given by:
Dalekbuster523Bluray (08-27-2016), Himmel (08-27-2016), Will. (08-28-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #32
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkmanly View Post
Let's put this to bed once and for all, spoonnation absolutely was not Dalekbuster. This was investigated thoroughly and you need to understand we do not lightly perm-ban or un-ban folks.
Thanks Quirkmanly some people just don't know when do drop it.

Thanks given by:
Dalekbuster523Bluray (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #33
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimmelBlau View Post
Thanks Quirkmanly some people just don't know when do drop it.
To be fair that is a problem of mine too. I agree that the Spoonnation thing definitely needs to end though.

Thanks given by:
Himmel (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #34
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

so your mom and aunt are fighting over crap that was said on facebook and a facebook game??

some people really never leave high school do they??

Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (08-27-2016), Jett Rink (08-27-2016), philzilla (08-29-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #35
Banned

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
so your mom and aunt are fighting over crap that was said on facebook and a facebook game??

some people really never leave high school do they??
I feel as if you truly understand me...

Thanks given by:
Blu-Benny (08-30-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 09:20 PM   #36
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

You don't. Have your mom apologize to your Aunt.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #37
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
It is as ridiculous as it sounds. It has happened a few times but not as bad as this. I also get my Grandma ringing me up asking to speak to my Mum about ' tasks' (eg harvesting virtual corn) on the game.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat