Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

John Wayne Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #1

Nov 2007
Default European/Canadian HP & the Philosopher's Stone: Castillian + American Spanish dubs?

Hello Everyone.

I had some quick questions for you all. I live in the US and as a Spaniard I was stoked to see the Castilian dub of Harry Potter films 2-5. However, The Sorcerer's Stone was disappointing with just two tracks.

My questions for you are as follow:

1. Was the US version pressed differently due to the differences between it and the British version of the film?

2. As I'll be flying out to Spain for Christmas, are the Philosopher's Stone BDs region-free?

Thank you, I'd like to have the complete saga in Castilian as well as see the British version of the first film.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Hatfield, UK / Jakarta, Indonesia

all warner titles to this point are region free. I understand that US version is pressed separately to their EU counterpart (because as I know, it has a lot fewer languages).
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...ghlight=potter

try this. the picture is not very clear, sorry it's a mobile phone. but hopefully you can see the spec
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

I own "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" in Canada. I'm not at home right now, but if somebody happen to own the Canadian edition, please check to see if it includes the Castillian audio track or not. I know for a fact the Canadian edition has TONS of audio tracks and subtitle tracks in different languages. I discovered it myself yesterday when I played it on the BD player.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I own "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" in Canada. I'm not at home right now, but if somebody happen to own the Canadian edition, please check to see if it includes the Castillian audio track or not. I know for a fact the Canadian edition has TONS of audio tracks and subtitle tracks in different languages. I discovered it myself yesterday when I played it on the BD player.
i think canadian version = UK version. it carries the same titles "philosopher" instead of sorcerers
Old 12-13-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_tanoto View Post
i think canadian version = UK version. it carries the same titles "philosopher" instead of sorcerers
Yeah, it's the international edition. The only place it's not sold is in the USA since they prepared an U.S.-only edition for the US.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:21 AM   #7

Sep 2007
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Yeah, it's the international edition. The only place it's not sold is in the USA since they prepared an U.S.-only edition for the US.
...so what you're saying is I shouldn't have ordered from Amazon.com this time . Is the content of the movies any different
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYBLU View Post
...so what you're saying is I shouldn't have ordered from Amazon.com this time . Is the content of the movies any different
No big difference. They only shot the scenes twice if the word, philosopher is mentioned. But the Canadian edition has tons of audio tracks and subtitle tracks compared to the American edition.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #9

Nov 2007

Thank you all for the links and help!
Here's what I found on that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_tanoto View Post
Full Spec:
Harry Potter 1 and 3 and 4
Video: 1080p HD 16x9 2.4:1
Audio: PCM 5.1 (English), Dolby Digital 5.1 EX (English, French, French (Quebec) Castillian Spanish, Danish, Flemish, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Swedish)
Subtitle: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Castillian Spanish, Complex Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese,Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Special Feature:
Video: 480i/p SD
Audio: Stereo
Subtitle: English, Castillian Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese,Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish (on select bunus material)
It's also great to hear that all the Warner titles are region-free!
Thanks again!

Last edited by SonGokuGT; 12-13-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: dumb mistakes and updated info
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International