Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Assault on Precinct 13 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
11 hrs ago
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
The Peanut Butter Solution (Blu-ray)
$19.89
3 hrs ago
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

3:10 to Yuma 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 hrs ago
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Crank 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 04-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #18581
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
I'm 45 years old. There's this gorgeous girl where I work who is 27 and who seems to be into me. Last week, she asked me out for drinks. I don't drink (only occasionally at social events and then only beer) but I agreed to hang out and have a few drinks and maybe some food. It was a work night so I didn't want to stay out too late but we ended up going home around 9:30 or so, so needless to say we had a nice time. We went out again this week, for drinks, then to another restaurant for dinner and then she wanted to check out a few piercing shops so we walked around for a bit. Another week night, another late night out. She frequently texts me mundane stuff and we go back and forth for a while. I'm still not convinced she wants anything from me other than to hang out for some company. Did I mention she was gorgeous? Hey, if it's meant to be it's meant to be but I'm not "pursuing" this girl until I see stronger evidence she's serious and not just looking for a sugar daddy.
Just the tip?
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #18582
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Just the tip?
Old 04-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #18583
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Just the tip?
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 08:24 PM   #18584
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up over this. If there's one thing I've learned about women is it doesn't matter what you, the guy, wants - the only thing that counts is if she's into you. Pursuing a girl who doesn't appear to be into you is a total waste of time and it only serves to drain you emotionally. This is why I believe marriages don't work - mutual respect, love and trust is almost IMPOSSIBLE to come by. You'll be OK
The worst thing is he ain’t even her type.

He’s some country boy singer.

And she’s a nerdy broadway theater girl who geeks out over Disney and Marvel.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #18585
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post

There's no such thing as a 'type'. Trust me. Without sounding too braggadocious, I've dated hundreds of different girls, and plenty of them would be considered 'not my type' or I would be considered not theirs.

I've dated the cheerleaders, goth girls, anime girls, nerds, preps, losers, whatever. Types aren't real. When you like someone, or feel that connection, it doesn't matter how they dress or what they're into or what kind of music they listen to.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #18586
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post

Can you introduce me to this girl too?
Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #18587
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
If a girl needs a guy to pursue her relentlessly to make her feel wanted or to satisfy her attention cravings, I'd stay away from her. She's the kind of girl who won't ever be happy staying in a relationship IMO.
No, I don't mean stalking or relentlessly pursuing, I mean healthy pursuit. Many women just want a guy to show confidence by pursuing her. To her it shows he has confidence, security, etc. Women evolved to be attracted to men who are secure, confident, etc, since those indicate an ability to go gather resources. Men evolved to be attracted to women who are attractive, smooth skin, good hip to waist ratio, etc since those are indicates of fertility. Yes its 2019 and culture has changed but those biological evolutionary triggers haven't. They're 100,000 years old and wired into our DNA so aren't going to be reversed in a 50 or 100 year political movement.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:14 PM   #18588
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
I'm 45 years old. There's this gorgeous girl where I work who is 27 and who seems to be into me. Last week, she asked me out for drinks. I don't drink (only occasionally at social events and then only beer) but I agreed to hang out and have a few drinks and maybe some food. It was a work night so I didn't want to stay out too late but we ended up going home around 9:30 or so, so needless to say we had a nice time. We went out again this week, for drinks, then to another restaurant for dinner and then she wanted to check out a few piercing shops so we walked around for a bit. Another week night, another late night out. She frequently texts me mundane stuff and we go back and forth for a while. I'm still not convinced she wants anything from me other than to hang out for some company. Did I mention she was gorgeous? Hey, if it's meant to be it's meant to be but I'm not "pursuing" this girl until I see stronger evidence she's serious and not just looking for a sugar daddy.
if she is 27 and gorgeous why is she single? that is a huge red flag

not only single but asking guys out? another red flag

and asking our 45 year old guy (no offense, but she's 27!)? another red flag

maybe its this new generation and I don't understand it

you ask her about her Dad? I would. Ask her about her Dad and how she gets along with him. Then ask some more. And more. And you may find some interesting data points. If she's asking out guys 20 years old than her, my guess is her and Daddy have some serious dynamics going on
Old 04-19-2019, 04:40 AM   #18589
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Old 04-19-2019, 04:46 AM   #18590
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

works similar to an infinity edge pool

pretty cool
Old 04-19-2019, 05:50 AM   #18591
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Sara Bareilles concert in SF in October. Hmm...
Old 04-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #18592
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude12 View Post
if she is 27 and gorgeous why is she single? that is a huge red flag

not only single but asking guys out? another red flag

and asking our 45 year old guy (no offense, but she's 27!)? another red flag

maybe its this new generation and I don't understand it

you ask her about her Dad? I would. Ask her about her Dad and how she gets along with him. Then ask some more. And more. And you may find some interesting data points. If she's asking out guys 20 years old than her, my guess is her and Daddy have some serious dynamics going on
Just because someone is attractive, doesn't mean anyone's asking them, or that they're even looking. Usually, and as to the tone of your question, most guys just assume the pretty girls are already taken and see no point in even pursuing them, so many of those girls struggle in finding decent guys.

It's 2019. Women ask men out. This isn't the '50s with malt shop protocol. *L*

Maybe it's a generational thing, maybe not. I've had a couple of young women (one in her early twenties) ask me out and, trust me, it's not because I'm a sugar daddy. Far from that. And, I'm well into my forties.

Sometimes, it's just two people being attracted to one another.

If the woman in question with the OP has ulterior motives beyond that, hopefully he will be able to work with her to understand if it's ultimately something serious or not.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #18593
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
So the drain would be in the back then? That looks awesome and weird at the same time.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #18594
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtempo View Post
So the drain would be in the back then? That looks awesome and weird at the same time.
yep. it's that dark part at the very back. and it would be fun to see people's reactions when they use it for the first time, lol.
Thanks given by:
Xtempo (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #18595
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Lunch, a haircut and then maybe some debauchery.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #18596
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWBODDY View Post
Oh man, when I was younger I fantasized about owning a Jaguar E-Type which came out the same year I was born iirc (1961)
I just thought they were and still are so beautiful

But I settled for a few of Cameos, 71, 79 Z and one a 1989 IROC-Z ( my most loved car)....
A 1978/79 Trans-am which was Turquoise Blue and a Red 1969 convertible Corvette.

Those were the days, now I'm looking for a 4x4 to replace my 1998 Cherokee I lost in a rain slick spin-out
fast car days have long since passed me by ....
I hear you. I now have a sweet 05 Mustang and love it. The Jaguar was my father in laws and one of the few things my wife kept after his passing. But sheís getting tired and feels it has become a money pit at this point. So Iím doing my best to be ready once she decides what she wants to do with it. We have it here and I just like to get it cleaned up at this point. Of course the drooping fabric on the ceiling and e brake arenít helping my argument to invest anymore money in it.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:31 PM   #18597
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Tim Curry was trending. I thought it meant he had died, especially considering his condition. Turns out it's his birthday.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:35 PM   #18598
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I could probably use some more musical Blu Rays in my collection. I have a Greg Allman concert in my wishlist and just recently added a Sara Bareilles one as well. I'm going to check the database and see what they have listed for Coldplay. Do any of you guys have any musical concerts or docs in your collection? Only asking the people with good taste in music
Old 04-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #18599
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Tim Curry was trending. I thought it meant he had died, especially considering his condition. Turns out it's his birthday.
He's a great actor though I can't stand Rocky Horror or understand the appeal of it to me. He will always be the Grand Wizard from the Worst Witch to me.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #18600
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

There's a now-banned member on this board with the user name Oliver Brown and almost every one of his posts consists of passing off another film critic's line as his own in the thread of that respective movie, occasionally with a link to what might be his own website. You don't even have to know where he lifted it from to tell that it's not his work and it doesn't really jive with the rest of the the posts in these threads, in part because it's incomplete without the rest of the review.

He's allegedly a "filmmaker," "writer" and "journalist" of over 20 years, but in a way is he just telling us his website is full of content he lifted from somewhere else?

However, the thanks several of his posts have received seems indicative of how desperate some people are for validation, especially in the superhero threads. It doesn't matter what is said as long as it reinforces your own opinion of a movie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat