Best PC Game Deals


Best PC Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Civilization VI (PC)
$21.34
 
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$40.47
17 hrs ago
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
$15.56
1 hr ago
Fallen Earth: Blood Sports (PC)
$7.14
 
Fallout 76 (PC)
$43.53
17 hrs ago
The Sims Triple Expansion Collection, Vol 2: Hot Date / Vacation / Makin' Magic (PC)
$19.99
 
Destiny 2 (PC)
$129.10
17 hrs ago
Destiny 2 (PC)
$13.75
 
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$24.89
 
Call of Duty: WWII (PC)
$34.99
 
Starcraft II Battle Chest (PC)
$28.99
 
Sid Meierís Civilization V (PC)
$26.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default Free Game Keys (steam/origin)

This is a first come first serve. I recently ended up with 2 extra keys, one for for Crysis 2 Maxium Edition and one for Dead Space 3.

Crysis 2 is on Steam
Dead Space 3 is on Origin

Please be an active member and not one who just signed up.

I want to give this out to 2 members. So, please just choose 1 game in your response.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

I just got pm'd about crysis. That code is taken.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
Nick The Slick Nick The Slick is offline
Expert Member
 
Nick The Slick's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Kentucky
27
111
2
Default

Not trying to hijack your post but since you made it, I also have extra Origin keys for:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising.

Last edited by Nick The Slick; 12-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
Not trying to hijack your post but since you made it, I also have extra Origin keys for Dead Space, Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box, Crisis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirrors Edge, and Medal of Honor. I'm at work right now so if you request a key it will be around midnight EST before I can get it to you.
Humblebundle as well huh?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
67
74
Default

This is why publishers want drm because everyone abuses the hell out of them every chance they get.

These keys are for personal use only and heavily discounted. You are not supposed to share them period.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
Nick The Slick Nick The Slick is offline
Expert Member
 
Nick The Slick's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Kentucky
27
111
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post
Humblebundle as well huh?
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
This is why publishers want drm because everyone abuses the hell out of them every chance they get.

These keys are for personal use only and heavily discounted. You are not supposed to share them period.
But I'm not going to use the extra key. Instead of letting it go to waste, why not gift it?... I don't see any difference between this and say buying the game to give to someone for Christmas. So yea, Merry Christmas.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
67
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
Indeed.



But I'm not going to use the extra key. Instead of letting it go to waste, why not gift it?... I don't see any difference between this and say buying the game to give to someone for Christmas. So yea, Merry Christmas.
Well you didn't buy for them technically. You bought a set for yourself. Anyway, can you at least agree that it's wrong to say have a Mirror's Edge key for steam and origin, use one and give away the other? Because in that scenario they got payed once (barely in this instance at that), but gave out two copies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #8
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Well you didn't buy for them technically. You bought a set for yourself. Anyway, can you at least agree that it's wrong to say have a Mirror's Edge key for steam and origin, use one and give away the other? Because in that scenario they got payed once (barely in this instance at that), but gave out two copies.
I am not giving away keys that I am already using on one system.

I do have extra keys for games I am not using on any system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #9
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

If the admins feel this is wrong to give away keys for games that are not being used, they can lock this thread.

I see this no difference then the other thread where people are giving away movie codes for downloads.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=192102

That was started by a Moderator.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #10
Nick The Slick Nick The Slick is offline
Expert Member
 
Nick The Slick's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Kentucky
27
111
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Well you didn't buy for them technically. You bought a set for yourself. Anyway, can you at least agree that it's wrong to say have a Mirror's Edge key for steam and origin, use one and give away the other? Because in that scenario they got payed once (barely in this instance at that), but gave out two copies.
A part of me completely agrees with that, but at the same time if that's the case, they shouldn't give out two keys. What they should have done was gave you a choice of the steam or origin key, or if you activated the key for one, the other becomes inactive. I definitely understand what you're saying, but I don't feel it's exactly "wrong" when they've given me an extra key that I'm never going to use. I think it's wrong to let that key go completely to waste. If this helps to justify it any, then look at it this way - It was purchased for a charity, so look at giving the extra key away as part of the charity. All I know is I have key's for games that need homes and the people here can provide that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
A part of me completely agrees with that, but at the same time if that's the case, they shouldn't give out two keys. What they should have done was gave you a choice of the steam or origin key, or if you activated the key for one, the other becomes inactive. I definitely understand what you're saying, but I don't feel it's exactly "wrong" when they've given me an extra key that I'm never going to use. I think it's wrong to let that key go completely to waste. If this helps to justify it any, then look at it this way - It was purchased for a charity, so look at giving the extra key away as part of the charity. All I know is I have key's for games that need homes and the people here can provide that.
Yup, and nobody knows how much you actually paid to the charity. You may have been really cheap or generous. Either way, it does not matter to us. The money goes to charity.

Plus, I got a bundle, that had games I already had, and I planned on giving them away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #12
Trogdor2010 Trogdor2010 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
45
266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post
If the admins feel this is wrong to give away keys for games that are not being used, they can lock this thread.

I see this no difference then the other thread where people are giving away movie codes for downloads.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=192102

That was started by a Moderator.
Agreed. I don't think there is anything wrong with sharing the codes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #13
awongus awongus is offline
Expert Member
 
awongus's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
538
240
Default

Well, I for one appreciate u guys thinking of the rest of us.

If either of u still have Dead Space keys available, I will take em!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awongus View Post
Well, I for one appreciate u guys thinking of the rest of us.

If either of u still have Dead Space keys available, I will take em!
I'll pm you the dead space 3 key. This is for origin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #15
ScarredLungs ScarredLungs is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ScarredLungs's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Utah
19
1239
8
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awongus View Post
Well, I for one appreciate u guys thinking of the rest of us.

If either of u still have Dead Space keys available, I will take em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post
I'll pm you the dead space 3 key. This is for origin.
PM sent

***all of my codes have been taken****
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
Stitches Stitches is offline
Expert Member
 
Stitches's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Katy, TX
3
663
2
Default

If anyone else is looking for some of the games, I have the following freebies available.

Burnout Paradise: the Ultimate Box - Origin
Medal of Honor - Origin
Mirror's Edge - Origin

Last edited by Stitches; 08-26-2013 at 04:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #17
Nick The Slick Nick The Slick is offline
Expert Member
 
Nick The Slick's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Kentucky
27
111
2
Default

I still have the games listed in my above post. I will update it until they're gone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #18
Groo The Perverted Groo The Perverted is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Groo The Perverted's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
109
8
272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Well you didn't buy for them technically. You bought a set for yourself. Anyway, can you at least agree that it's wrong to say have a Mirror's Edge key for steam and origin, use one and give away the other? Because in that scenario they got payed once (barely in this instance at that), but gave out two copies.
No, it's not wrong in the slightest. If you pay for the Humble Bundle you get ALL the keys that come with it, whether you're gonna use them or not. You don't have the option of only getting the Steam keys, and then the Origin Keys you don't use would go to someone else if you hadn't claimed them.

So yeah, nothing wrong with giving away the keys you aren't going to use. Hell, I don't think there's anything wrong with trading the keys for codes you don't have but want. I wouldn't sell them, but trading is fine. And giving them away is perfectly fine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #19
NilFBosh NilFBosh is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
Not trying to hijack your post but since you made it, I also have extra Origin keys for:
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crisis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirrors Edge
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising.
Red alert 3 pls
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
jpanimation jpanimation is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2012
Default

I'll take Dead Space 3 if anyone doesn't want it. Thanks in advance
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 PM.