Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

John Wayne Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 05-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
Banned

Jun 2012
UK
Default Birding Thread

Just took this up after being very interested in my youth............any more bird watchers on here, I am told it's on the increase?
Old 05-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Banned

Jun 2012
UK

No one?
Old 05-29-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
Banned

Oct 2012

Not really a die hard bird watcher. But I do enjoy all the quail (funny birds when they are in a group and running around), road runners, and hawks in the desert. A few red tail hawks have landed in my back yard to chill out.
Thanks given by:
Mr Kite (05-29-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2013
Scotland

I live in an urban area so mostly we get pigeons, blackbirds, crows, sparrows. We're also off the coast, so we get a lot of seagulls, too. I'm not a bird watcher by hobby, but I do like seeing them bobbing about. Quite relaxing, I find. It's hard not to admire a tiny creature that can soar across the sky. If they come up close enough, I usually say 'hello' -- but then I am a bit mental.
Thanks given by:
Mr Kite (05-30-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 06:48 PM   #5
Banned

Jun 2012
UK

Being a newbie any bird spotted is a bonus, but walking around Seaton Delival and Hollwell Dean in the NE of England, with my photographer friend was fantastic. We spent ages observing a pair of Buzzards and could have spent longer. We then moved on for what was a very long walk (well for me anyway) and took in Hollywell Pond Canada Geese, Tufted Duck, Common Tern and more.
Walking further we observed Chaffinch, Gold Finch, Great Tit Dunnock and a few more species that I could not identify. Observed a Swallows nest inside my fiends wife's stables.

PS
Pictures to follow.
Thanks given by:
Will. (06-02-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 06:35 AM   #6
Banned

Jul 2011

I know the bird is the word...
Old 06-02-2016, 11:36 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
MN

My parents are big birders, so some rubbed off on me. MN has some great species, especially up north. I've been enjoying listening to and watching woodcocks displaying lately.
Thanks given by:
Mr Kite (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 03:34 AM   #8
Power Member

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
My parents are big birders, so some rubbed off on me. MN has some great species, especially up north. I've been enjoying listening to and watching woodcocks displaying lately.
My dad is too, they have feeders everywhere outside. Big house on a lot of land, so I mean everywhere lol. 2 days ago while walking, I saw a Red-headed woodpecker fly to the ground for a bug, never seen that before. And the day before that on a telephone line, I saw the biggest Dove I've ever seen. Thought it was a Pigeon which is odd for back roads, told dad about it and he said no that's a so-and-so Dove, they've been coming here the last couple years. Can't remember the name, though. Actually every time I see something unusual in our area, my dad knows right away what it is. Weird.
Thanks given by:
Mr Kite (06-03-2016), Will. (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #9
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

We have two bird feeders in the backyard. We have a cardinal family we see eating out there everyday, and a group of doves and sometimes finches. We have a humming birdfeeder ready to go, but I don't think we have the proper set up such as the plants or trees.

We have spotted a pair of hawks that live close by in the trees numerous times, and my wife has seen an eagle nesting which I have yet to see for myself. Oh we have several crows too lurking on our street.

Does this count?
Thanks given by:
Will. (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
We have two bird feeders in the backyard. We have a cardinal family we see eating out there everyday, and a group of doves and sometimes finches. We have a humming birdfeeder ready to go, but I don't think we have the proper set up such as the plants or trees.

We have spotted a pair of hawks that live close by in the trees numerous times, and my wife has seen an eagle nesting which I have yet to see for myself. Oh we have several crows too lurking on our street.

Does this count?
It totally counts! I've set up a hummingbird feeder too and I've seen a couple ruby-throated hummingbirds buzzing around, two males and a female. My cat likes to watch them too
Old 06-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #11
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
It totally counts! I've set up a hummingbird feeder too and I've seen a couple ruby-throated hummingbirds buzzing around, two males and a female. My cat likes to watch them too
When my wife was living with her parents out in the country, there were tons of hummingbirds. It was pretty cool to see them feeding up close.

Now that's she living in the city, she believes that there might not be many hummingbirds because of the plants or trees or whatever. I'm not sure

At first I didn't want to feed any birds or attract any animals but I like to see the view of our cardinal family coming during breakfast and dinner. We're in the rotation now so we have to make sure seeds are stocked at all times!

Bad part about have the feeders has attracted squirrels, and raccoons. They will knockdown the feeders.
Thanks given by:
Will. (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 02:12 AM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2016

Oh no! Baby Cardinal wandered out of the nest in my backyard, if it can't figure out how to get back to the bush, my neighbor's cat will have an easy meal tonight. Man that's harsh, I've watched them fly in and out of that bush since the nest began.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:39 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Anton View Post
Oh no! Baby Cardinal wandered out of the nest in my backyard, if it can't figure out how to get back to the bush, my neighbor's cat will have an easy meal tonight. Man that's harsh, I've watched them fly in and out of that bush since the nest began.
I read a little bit and it seems that putting them back in the nest is discouraged, but it would be too tempting for me. Any updates on this?
Thanks given by:
Mr Kite (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #14
Banned

Jun 2012
UK

You guys are lucky to have Humming Birds visit your backyard.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #15
Power Member

Jan 2016

Quote:
I read a little bit and it seems that putting them back in the nest is discouraged, but it would be too tempting for me. Any updates on this?
I've read that before, something about the scent, the birds will reject it. Good news though, it's still there and the female is actually feeding it. I can't believe nothing got that baby last night, but today is going to be a test too. I have a feeling the cat just hasn't made its way to my yard yet, and if that doesn't do it, then those damn Bluejays surely will, unless the female can fend them off. Man Bluejays are the ******* of the bird world, lol have you ever noticed that? They are mean to everything.
Thanks given by:
Will. (06-05-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #16

Jan 2015
DFW, Texas

Went to visit my Mom last weekend and finally got to see the Painted Buntings that have nested in her backyard. It's been about 15 years since I've seen one. Such a cool looking bird. Spent all afternoon watching them.
Thanks given by:
Mr Kite (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I go every day this time of the year. So many birds come to the preserve nearby. Scarlett tanagers, Grossbeaks, Orioles,too many warblers to mention, and Indigo buntings to name a few..
Old 06-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #18
Banned

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntledjawa View Post
Went to visit my Mom last weekend and finally got to see the Painted Buntings that have nested in her backyard. It's been about 15 years since I've seen one. Such a cool looking bird. Spent all afternoon watching them.
Amazing! They really are painted with primary colors.
Thanks given by:
C. Anton (06-04-2016), Mr Kite (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #19
Power Member

Jan 2016

^ Oh wow, we have nothing like that around here.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
Amazing! They really are painted with primary colors.
[Show spoiler]
Simply stunning.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat