Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
12 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Peanut Butter Falcon (Blu-ray)
$12.96
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #21
Special Member

Mar 2016

Why do I feel like my suggestion is being doubted? Hey, I'm just trying to help!

Here's more articles, and if these aren't enough to convince anyone to try it, then don't know what else to say:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/holis...76114555784956

http://www.kidneystoneremovalathome....kidney-stones/

http://healthgyaan.blogspot.com/2013...ey-stones.html

http://www.body-detox-and-you.com/di...ey-stones.html

Old 07-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #22
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemacrash View Post
I have a quick solution that's super cheap and will for sure work (possibly even immediately after drinking it); it's coconut water!

Do you have Asian stores around you? There are obviously a lot of coconut water made in the US now, but the taste just isn't the same as the ones from the Philippines or other Asian countries. The ones from Asia in my opinion are more pure, and I've always used those and they always work. My brother in law just had kidney stones about 6 months ago and even went to the ER because he never told me about it, and I only learned about it after a few days. Guess what, all I asked was for him to buy at least 6 of the $1.29 coconut water made from the Philippines (at an Asian store) and he got rid of the stones only after 2 days.

If you're able to find it at an Asian store, try this brand:

https://m.alibaba.com/guide/shop/coc..._35803241.html
It's worth a try but when it comes to kidney stones, there is no "it will work for sure." Every body is different. The chanca Piedra is known to work too but not guaranteed to work for sure.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:23 AM   #23
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post
SO, I have a kidney stone and I've had it for two weeks and it has barely moved. SO, all I can do is take pain meds for another 2 weeks. At that point they can do something else.

Kidney Stones Suck.....

Anyone else had this horrid experience?
Yup, I've been dealing with kidney stones for over 10 years now. The pain from the first one landed me in the ER. That one passed while I was there but they discovered I had a load more in both kidneys. I end up passing one or two each year. Luckily, they've all been relatively small and passed on their own - between a few hours and about two weeks. The pain is the worst - I like to think that I'm a pretty tough sob but I usually end up vomiting from it before long. I've noticed that the pain with each one is always slightly different but it's always a miserable experience.

I never drank much water or fluids in general when I was kid. And I think that's why I'm dealing with so many now.

Keep drinking lots of water and fluids. And I hope your agony will pass soon.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Yup, I've been dealing with kidney stones for over 10 years now. The pain from the first one landed me in the ER. That one passed while I was there but they discovered I had a load more in both kidneys. I end up passing one or two each year. Luckily, they've all been relatively small and passed on their own - between a few hours and about two weeks. The pain is the worst - I like to think that I'm a pretty tough sob but I usually end up vomiting from it before long. I've noticed that the pain with each one is always slightly different but it's always a miserable experience.

I never drank much water or fluids in general when I was kid. And I think that's why I'm dealing with so many now.

Keep drinking lots of water and fluids. And I hope your agony will pass soon.
Thanks! I am going starting the 4th week with my little friend. I am drinking tons of water to try to help!

I am hoping this week will be the last week we are together.

Thanks given by:
Evil (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 01:19 AM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009

I had my first one about a year ago. I woke up at 4am in pain and was sick to my stomach because the pain was so high. Drove myself to the ER because I honestly thought my kidney ruptured and was getting ready to die. They took an X Ray/ scan to see if I needed to have surgery. Thankfully, it was small enough that I was told I would pass it on my own. They gave me morphine and some pill that dissolved in my mouth to help the nausea feeling. They gave me 10 days of pain killers and was on my way. Got a cup with some tiny holes to try to catch the stone. It took 3 days to pass and felt amazing once I passed it. I was told to go back with the stone so they could test it to see what caused it. Doctors told me it was from lots of soda/Gatorade. I would drink 5-6 bottles of Gatorade a day. Since the stone I have had maybe 3-4 Gatorades. I cannot explain the pain. It felt like an alien was trying to break free. The stone was a little bit bigger than a nerd. Who knew a little rock could cause so much pain.

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Been there done that. I had Kidney stones this past October and didn't pass them until months later. Unfortunately mine would move just a tiny bit then stop. I had to end up getting the lithotripsy surgery just to be able to pass them. Between all the bills those damn stones cost me $2500 and tons of pain.

I didn't read all the responses, but I recommend if you're in a fit of pain take a steaming hot bath and or shower. It'll relax your muscles and take the pain from an 11 down to a 7 or 8. Honestly that did more for me than the pain medication did. I absolutely hated how now matter what you did you felt the pain. You couldn't lay still or anything. I was taking like 6 showers a day to ease the pain. It was a nightmare.

Unfortunately once you get them you are 50% more likely to get them again. I hope and pray I don't, but it is probably inevitable.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
Why do I feel like my suggestion is being doubted? Hey, I'm just trying to help!

Here's more articles, and if these aren't enough to convince anyone to try it, then don't know what else to say:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/holis...76114555784956

http://www.kidneystoneremovalathome....kidney-stones/

http://healthgyaan.blogspot.com/2013...ey-stones.html

http://www.body-detox-and-you.com/di...ey-stones.html
I tried every single home remedy possible. I scoured the internet for different things. Absolutely nothing did the trick. It took a lithotripsy to break them up for me to be able to pass them. It is awesome if this stuff works for some people, but definitely not for everyone.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #28
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:

It might help if you provided a link from a respected scientific or medical site. Or at least a link that used a peer-reviewed scientific study on the efficacy of coconut water for the treatment of kidney stones as their source.

As best I can tell, there's virtually no scientific evidence that coconut water can dissolve kidney stones.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
It might help if you provided a link from a respected scientific or medical site. Or at least a link that used a peer-reviewed scientific study on the efficacy of coconut water for the treatment of kidney stones as their source.

As best I can tell, there's virtually no scientific evidence that coconut water can dissolve kidney stones.
I don't believe there is. That one falls In with the lemon juice and vinegar method which did nothing to dissolve mine. These are all just home remedies someone found with no true scientific backing to them. There is no true method to get rid of a kidney stone. Best advice is drink lots of water and you'll pass it, bit even that doesn't fully work.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfDarknessAW View Post
....I absolutely hated how now matter what you did you felt the pain. You couldn't lay still or anything. I was taking like 6 showers a day to ease the pain. It was a nightmare.
Agreed. This is one of the worst things. I have an appointment on Friday where they may decide to blast it or surgery since it has not really been moved and I am starting the 4th week today.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
Agreed. This is one of the worst things. I have an appointment on Friday where they may decide to blast it or surgery since it has not really been moved and I am starting the 4th week today.
The surgery to blast it sucks be warned. Immediately after I felt damn good. Good enough to go to Five Guys for a burger. Shortly after all hell broke loose inside me and it was the worst pain of my life. Several smaller stones all moving....it was horrible. That whole night was crying, throwing up, and hot showers.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
The surgery to blast it sucks be warned. Immediately after I felt damn good. Good enough to go to Five Guys for a burger. Shortly after all hell broke loose inside me and it was the worst pain of my life. Several smaller stones all moving....it was horrible. That whole night was crying, throwing up, and hot showers.
I just want this to end sooner than later.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
I just want this to end sooner than later.
I know the feeling. Hopefully it will be over soon for you.

Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (07-12-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #34
Special Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
I tried every single home remedy possible. I scoured the internet for different things. Absolutely nothing did the trick. It took a lithotripsy to break them up for me to be able to pass them. It is awesome if this stuff works for some people, but definitely not for everyone.
The question is have you even tried my recommendation? Has the TS tried my recommendation? You're trying to disprove it, and it doesn't even seemed like you've tried it to begin with. I've suffered from kidney stones a lot and it worked every single time. As I mentioned on a previous post, my brother in law went to the ER twice and when I recommended coconut water, that same day it was out of his system. I've known so many people who can attest to drinking it and how effective it is. There are studies out there but I will not waste my time posting it here because even the TS doesn't seemed to want to try it anyway. I also never said that it works for every single person on earth. I posted it because it works, and if the TS is ungrateful that someone is trying to help him, then good luck finding a d@mn solution since you both think you're the experts in this!!!

Old 07-13-2016, 12:44 AM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
The question is have you even tried my recommendation? Has the TS tried my recommendation? You're trying to disprove it, and it doesn't even seemed like you've tried it to begin with. I've suffered from kidney stones a lot and it worked every single time. As I mentioned on a previous post, my brother in law went to the ER twice and when I recommended coconut water, that same day it was out of his system. I've known so many people who can attest to drinking it and how effective it is. There are studies out there but I will not waste my time posting it here because even the TS doesn't seemed to want to try it anyway. I also never said that it works for every single person on earth. I posted it because it works, and if the TS is ungrateful that someone is trying to help him, then good luck finding a d@mn solution since you both think you're the experts in this!!!
You must have completely missed the part where I said I tried all of the home remedies I could find. Yes I tried this and it did not work for me. I have actually HAD kidney stones. Seems like only someone you know had them. I'm pretty sure I'd fall into knowing a bit more about them then you. I scoured the internet for home remedy after home remedy. Only thing I found that helped in any way was a steaming hot shower or bath.

It is fine and dandy if it worked for your brother in law. However don't come off as some expert like you know it'll work for everyone. There is not a single thing short of surgery that will guarantee to get them out. Best you can do is drink a ton of water and hope.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:48 AM   #36
Special Member

Mar 2016

Quote:

What else can I expect from you? Move on and grow up!

There are a lot of medical research done that proves how coconut water is a very effective kidney cleanser and it helps with kidney stones and with bladder problems. This is a natural way of getting rid of the problem, and if your solution is pay thousands of dollars to get rid of something that you can do in the comfort of your own home, then no one is stopping you. And for the record, nothing is ever guaranteed not even your preferred doctor's prescription drugs, and no one is ever stopping the TS from going to the BEST doctors in the world if he thinks my recommendation is a joke.

It's just ridiculous that you're targeting my posts simply because you still can't move on from that post regarding the dog. That is simply ridiculous!

Old 07-13-2016, 12:56 AM   #37
Special Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
You must have completely missed the part where I said I tried all of the home remedies I could find. Yes I tried this and it did not work for me. I have actually HAD kidney stones. Seems like only someone you know had them. I'm pretty sure I'd fall into knowing a bit more about them then you. I scoured the internet for home remedy after home remedy. Only thing I found that helped in any way was a steaming hot shower or bath.

It is fine and dandy if it worked for your brother in law. However don't come off as some expert like you know it'll work for everyone. There is not a single thing short of surgery that will guarantee to get them out. Best you can do is drink a ton of water and hope.
It's not just someone I know, fyi! It is what doctors WILL recommend if you're in Asia. If coconuts don't have medicinal value, it wouldn't be all over North America these days. Also, it all depends on what you were doing when you were drinking it. How many times a day were you drinking it? What food were you eating while you were taking it? Just because it never worked for you doesn't mean it wouldn't work for others. If millions of people where I was from that took it and helped them get rid of kidney stones isn't good enough for you, then I wouldn't be surprised if you were taking it all wrong. You have no right imposing your belief that it doesn't work just because it didn't work on you!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:00 AM   #38
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:
What else can I expect from you? Move on and grow up!

There are a lot of medical research done that proves how coconut water is a very effective kidney cleanser and it helps with kidney stones and with bladder problems. This is a natural way of getting rid of the problem, and if your solution is pay thousands of dollars to get rid of something that you can do in the comfort of your own home, then no one is stopping you. And for the record, nothing is ever guaranteed not even your preferred doctor's prescription drugs, and no one is ever stopping the TS from going to the BEST doctors in the world if he thinks my recommendation is a joke.

It's just ridiculous that you're targeting my posts simply because you still can't move on from that post regarding the dog. That is simply ridiculous!
1. In case you missed it, I posted in this thread before you did, so your assertion that I'm following you around and "targeting your posts" is misguided at best, and certainly not based in reality.

2. You're the one who brought up an argument from another thread in this thread, not me. I simply addressed what you posted in this one.

3. Don't think I didn't notice that you failed to provide one single link to a reputable site to back up your assertion, despite your claim that "There are a lot of medical research done that proves how coconut water is a very effective kidney cleanser and it helps with kidney stones and with bladder problems." This, despite posting numerous links to holistic sites and/or sites selling coconut water.

Look, if it works for you, great. That doesn't change the fact that there's currently no evidence that coconut water dissolves kidney stones.

Quote:
It's not just someone I know, fyi! It is what doctors WILL recommend if you're in Asia. If coconuts don't have medicinal value, it wouldn't be all over North America these days. Also, it all depends on what you were doing when you were drinking it. How many times a day were you drinking it? What food were you eating while you were taking it? Just because it never worked for you doesn't mean it wouldn't work for others. If millions of people where I was from that took it and helped them get rid of kidney stones isn't good enough for you, then I wouldn't be surprised if you were taking it all wrong. You have no right imposing your belief that it doesn't work just because it didn't work on you!
How, exactly, would one take coconut water "all wrong?" And he has every right to be skeptical about your dubious - and in no way backed up by medical science - claims, especially when he's tried your supposed miracle cure himself. Who are you to try to silence someone else for having an opinion different from your own? No one's trying to stop you from pushing your so-called cure, so how about giving everyone else the same courtesy shown to you, huh?

Last edited by WhySoBlu?; 07-13-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks given by:
ArmyOfDarknessAW (07-13-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 01:04 AM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
It is someone you know. Brother in law isn't some special category. Anyway were not in Asia. I went to my urologist 9 times over the course of my kidney stones and I asked many questions about what to do and not ONCE was I told about your remedy. I only found it by searching online. I honestly don't give a damn if it worked for your brother in law. It is not a recommended cure here in the US from urologists and it didn't work for me. You seem to act as if you've got the cure all right at your fingertips. Come back to me when/if you actually have kidney stones yourself and this cure works. I'll stick to personal experience. If CVM wants to believe me or not is his option. I'm just giving my personal experience here....take it or leave it.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:10 AM   #40
Special Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
1. In case you missed it, I posted in this thread before you did, so your assertion that I'm following you around and "targeting your posts" is misguided at best, and certainly not based in reality.

2. You're the one who brought up an argument from another thread in this thread, not me. I simply addressed what you posted in this one.

3. Don't think I didn't notice that you failed to provide one single link to a reputable site to back up your assertion, despite your claim that "There are a lot of medical research done that proves how coconut water is a very effective kidney cleanser and it helps with kidney stones and with bladder problems." This, despite posting numerous links to holistic sites and/or sites selling coconut water.

Look, if it works for you, great. That doesn't change the fact that there's currently no evidence that coconut water dissolves kidney stones.
Yeah, yeah! I wasn't born yesterday. People have warned me against you and your attitude, so I'm not going to waste my time responding to someone who doesn't listen to anyone but himself.

I'm not writing a thesis, so I'm also not going to waste my time posting medical evidences after medical evidences regarding coconut water. My post is to simply help him with his problem the way coconut water has helped MILLIONS of people with kidney stones, so if that's not enough, then tell the TS to go spend thousands of dollars because no one's stopping him from doing that. I am not insecure like you for me to justify my claims because I am sure that what I'm saying is true. Go ahead and sing the TS a lullaby as he suffers from his condition because like you, he's too stubborn because you both think you're an expert and yet aren't able to come up with a solution to a simple problem.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat