Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.75
 
Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.17
4 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.71
 
Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.30
 
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.98
 
The Green Hornet 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.96
 
Yogi Bear 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.00
 
The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.00
 
Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Jonnyxll Jonnyxll is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2017
8
250
Universal Studios Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D Blu-ray (2018) [Region Free]

At the official poster there is no 3D logo.
But i found the poster from Jurassic World 1 and there was no 3D logo, too.
I bet, the movie will release in 3D

Last edited by Scottie; 02-05-2018 at 03:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:18 AM   #2
xbs2034 xbs2034 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyxll View Post
At the official poster there is no 3D logo.
But i found the poster from Jurassic World 1 and there was no 3D logo, too.
I bet, the movie will release in 3D
I saw a small "In Theaters, Real D 3D, and IMAX 3D" tag on the poster at my Regal theater today.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jonnyxll (07-31-2017), Rickyrockard (07-31-2017), Zivouhr (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #3
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

Here are some details about the upcoming movie, before the trailer is available.

I'll be interested to hear more about the survivors planning to build a new Dinosaur park for the public again, for profits. Just joking. Hopefully there won't be any more plans for Theme parks with the most dangerous animals in the world.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (08-09-2017), FingolfinFinwe (12-04-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
Riddhi2011 Riddhi2011 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
9
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Hopefully there won't be any more plans for Theme parks with the most dangerous animals in the world.
Wait, there are theme parks with humans as attractions?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
lgmayka lgmayka is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddhi2011 View Post
Wait, there are theme parks with humans as attractions?
Don't you remember the "Chimpanzoo" song, deleted from Mary Poppins?
---
In Timbuktu, there's a Chimpanzoo
That's run by a chimpanzee.
It's an oddish place where the human race
Is under lock and key.
And on their backs, they wear small plaques
For the animals to view.
Which specify the reasons why
They're kept in the Chimpanzoo.
---
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (12-09-2017), Riddhi2011 (07-31-2017), T. Warren Scollan (12-04-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #6
Jonnyxll Jonnyxll is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2017
8
250
Default

At a Homepage from a big Cinema i saw following Information:

Quote:
ab Donnerstag, 07.06.2018
Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom
Zu sehen in 2D, IMAX 3D, OV IMAX 3D, 3D, OV 3D
Action USA, 2017
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
Riddhi2011 Riddhi2011 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
9
17
Default

Any info on the aspect ratio? Imdb states 1.85:1 but it isn't totally reliable.

Last edited by Riddhi2011; 08-02-2017 at 10:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #8
eagle1 eagle1 is offline
Member
 
eagle1's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
54
741
Default

First Teaser was released today, 3D confirmed but no Imax 3D which is a huge bummer. I feel like Universal isnít going to release this blu ray in 3D which will be very upsetting.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Interdimensional (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
Interdimensional Interdimensional is offline
Power Member
 
Interdimensional's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (12-06-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
s2mikey s2mikey is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
s2mikey's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Upstate, NY
47
240
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
First Teaser was released today, 3D confirmed but no Imax 3D which is a huge bummer. I feel like Universal isnít going to release this blu ray in 3D which will be very upsetting.
Yeah, it will suck if they donít. I have the first Jurassic Park and Jurassic world in 3D and would like to have the three movie set all in 3D. Ugh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #11
Riddhi2011 Riddhi2011 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
9
17
Default

Also disappointed they changed the aspect ratio from flat to scope. Jurassic World was still closer to 1.85:1. Spielberg had made his preference for 1.85:1 clear to John Schwartzman for 'Jurassic World.' Colin wanted to film it in 2.40:1. However, they reached an understanding with 2.00:1. So, how come Spielberg allow them to go with 2.40:1? Was he at all informed or consulted even, I wonder. I prefer consistency. They could've at least kept the 2.00:1, if not 1.85:1. But alas! This will look small on both IMAX and in TV, with huge black bars on top and bottom.
Every single movie is in scope nowadays. I absolutely hate that!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Active3D (12-28-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #12
Jonnyxll Jonnyxll is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2017
8
250
Default

This is really sad...

No IMAX 3D and the ****** aspcect ratiot 2.40:1

@Riddhi2011 Source?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
Riddhi2011 Riddhi2011 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
9
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyxll View Post
This is really sad...

No IMAX 3D and the ****** aspcect ratiot 2.40:1

@Riddhi2011 Source?

2.40:1 is the aspect ratio of all Teasers and TV spots. So, it seems that will carry over theatrically as well.

As for IMAX 3D, I think Asia will most likely get IMAX 3D because 3D is more popular in the rest of the world than in US.
I just did not like how they chose a letterbox ratio in the age of 4K UHD and large format IMAX when cinemas are getting taller. I mean imagine 1.85:1 4K UHD of the movie; a full screen experience on both digital Imax and television. That seems like a missed opportunity now, with the 2.40:1.

Unless, they decide to open up to 1.85:1 for IMAX digital. Now, that'd be cool!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jonnyxll (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #14
Jonnyxll Jonnyxll is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2017
8
250
Default

2. Teaser // Awesome T-Rex Trailer:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
davidsal (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
Interdimensional Interdimensional is offline
Power Member
 
Interdimensional's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddhi2011 View Post
Also disappointed they changed the aspect ratio from flat to scope. Jurassic World was still closer to 1.85:1. Spielberg had made his preference for 1.85:1 clear to John Schwartzman for 'Jurassic World.' Colin wanted to film it in 2.40:1. However, they reached an understanding with 2.00:1. So, how come Spielberg allow them to go with 2.40:1? Was he at all informed or consulted even, I wonder. I prefer consistency. They could've at least kept the 2.00:1, if not 1.85:1. But alas! This will look small on both IMAX and in TV, with huge black bars on top and bottom.
Every single movie is in scope nowadays. I absolutely hate that!
I thought 2:1 was a good aspect ratio for Jurassic World. I'm not bothered about inconsistency, I just think they should choose an aspect ratio that is appropriate to the setting and subject matter.

When you're trying to fit dinosaurs in the frame, you generally want a taller aspect ratio.

I find scope aspect ratio very effective for certain types of films, but again, for 3D, taller aspect ratios are often better. It reduces the likelihood of edge violations. Although if the filmmakers are fun enough to allow protruded elements to break outside the bars, it can be just as, if not more effective.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rickyrockard (12-05-2017), Zivouhr (12-06-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #16
Riddhi2011 Riddhi2011 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
9
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post
I thought 2:1 was a good aspect ratio for Jurassic World. I'm not bothered about inconsistency, I just think they should choose an aspect ratio that is appropriate to the setting and subject matter.

When you're trying to fit dinosaurs in the frame, you generally want a taller aspect ratio.

I find scope aspect ratio very effective for certain types of films, but again, for 3D, taller aspect ratios are often better. It reduces the likelihood of edge violations. Although if the filmmakers are fun enough to allow protruded elements to break outside the bars, it can be just as, if not more effective.
So, what do you think about them going 2.40:1 with JW2?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:06 PM   #17
Law212 Law212 is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2017
Ajax, Ontario Canada
50
503
12
Default

Wow I didnt think this was ever coming out. I think I have only seen Jurassic world in 2D... I have it on 3D bluu ray but havent watched it. I also have JP1 in 3D but havent watched that either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:14 AM   #18
Interdimensional Interdimensional is offline
Power Member
 
Interdimensional's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddhi2011 View Post
So, what do you think about them going 2.40:1 with JW2?
I won't really know till I see how they've used it and what kind of a movie it is.

I would've probably stuck with 2:1 myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
I feel like Universal isnít going to release this blu ray in 3D which will be very upsetting.
I expect them to do a 3D release at least somewhere. Universal's The Mummy got a 3D release, and JW2 will be a much bigger movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #19
Law212 Law212 is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2017
Ajax, Ontario Canada
50
503
12
Default

I dont want to watch trailers... i know I want to see the movie, I wont spoil any of it for myself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:09 AM   #20
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Lightbulb

Regardless of Imax's view on limiting their 3D alterations/presentations to regular theaters and less Imax scaled theaters, I believe the odds Jurassic World 2 will be in 3D are 99%. Theatrical 3D is still going and this movie calls for it due to the visual spectacle.
What better way to make the dinosaurs more alive than in strong 3D?

Keep in mind, teaser trailers rarely show specifics about 3D and often omit any mention of 3D, even though a film is offered with 3D. The official trailer or TV spots more often show the 3D logos.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AJAX (12-28-2017)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30 PM.