Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

3-D Rarities (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.98
8 hrs ago
The Universe in 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.86

G-Force 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.44

Tomb Raider 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.00

Kylie Minogue: Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London (Blu-ray)
$23.24

Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Sector 7 (Blu-ray)
$14.32

Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.03

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 09-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #261
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchance View Post
On any other disc my PS3 asks me whether or not I want to activate BD Live. This one does not. I informed Amazon and they gave me a partial refund.
What happens if you disable BDLIve in the system settings or just unplug the Ethernet or turn off WIFI (depending)?
Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #262

Mar 2018

Between the plot and the 3d effects, this was the most disappointed I've been in a 3d blu ray purchase.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #263
Special Member

Sep 2017
Ajax, Ontario Canada

I enjoyed this in the theaters. THe 3D was minimal but the movie was fun even though I was so mad at the decisions the characters made , especially in the end.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:30 AM   #264

Oct 2014

Just tried the 2D disc in my Sony X800 and it played without any issues. Maybe the problem has been corrected?
Old 09-24-2018, 02:27 AM   #265
Special Member

Dec 2010

I just had this exact problem with my Ted 2 disc (another Universal title)... i had to shut off the bd live on my ps3... pretty sure i watched Ted 2 on my ps3 before without issue. Havent checked my Jurassic disc yet... guess Universal is having issues with their "retrieving a fresh preview from the internet" feature
Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 AM   #266
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Missouri

Watched it last night. Wasn't the best 3D but still enjoyed what it added. Audio was top notch though.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:43 PM   #267
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Watched it this afternoon. The Blu-ray disc took a little bit longer to load but no problem after that. Menu came on, was able to start the movie then quickly skipped through some chapters and disc still played fine.

As far as the movie, it was enjoyable though predictable. Only so much new twists and turns to create.

The 3D had excellent depth but there were no pop outs or creativity to exploit the great special effects. It was more like the natural depth we see with our eyes.

A nice film for the 3D collector but beyond that it's up to the individual.
Thanks given by:
infiniteCR (10-30-2018), Sanfox (10-16-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #268
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2014
Southeast U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolver8 View Post
Between the plot and the 3d effects, this was the most disappointed I've been in a 3d blu ray purchase.
The previews looked bad to me, so I didnít see it in the theater.

I have to say, though, I actually enjoyed the film quite a bit. The 3D, while not as strong as the first (Iíll never understand that) was decent enough.
Thanks given by:
dhvsfan (10-02-2018), Sanfox (10-16-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #269
Special Member

Nov 2017

I finally watched this one (my Marantz 7010 broke and I just got a 7012 replacement in finally) in 3D with 15.1 (9.1.6) channel DTS X sound (I get around the 11-channel DTS limit by using Pro Logic extraction). The sound was good, but I thought there was a distinct lack of ambient sound in the rear channels in many scenes. Sure, when a dinosaur was sneaking up from behind, they were active, but it's yet another movie where the rear channels get snubbed by comparison to the front and sides. I can't complain about bass or the front/mid channels as the sound was quite good in that region throughout.

Jurassic Park in a house.... Yeah, that was a bit weird and Jeff Goldblum really doesn't get utilized save start/end court speeches. The volcano scenes were cool, but I don't recall there being a volcano on that island in previous movies (convenient addition, I think). I think the mutant dinosaur thing has run its course, though.... I'm not sure where else they can go (Jurassic Earth?), but for whatever shortcomings it had compared to the previous movie (World was definitely better overall, IMO), I tool solace in how much screen time Bryce Dallas Howard got (very pretty lady, IMO). Negative parallax was hardly used. Some stronger effects might have helped the weaker story. Overall, I still think it was a better sequel to World than Jurassic Park II & III were to the original (didn't care for either one of those two).
Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 AM   #270
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonMagnum View Post
I finally watched this one (my Marantz 7010 broke and I just got a 7012 replacement in finally) in 3D with 15.1 (9.1.6) channel DTS X sound (I get around the 11-channel DTS limit by using Pro Logic extraction). The sound was good, but I thought there was a distinct lack of ambient sound in the rear channels in many scenes. Sure, when a dinosaur was sneaking up from behind, they were active, but it's yet another movie where the rear channels get snubbed by comparison to the front and sides. I can't complain about bass or the front/mid channels as the sound was quite good in that region throughout.

Jurassic Park in a house.... Yeah, that was a bit weird and Jeff Goldblum really doesn't get utilized save start/end court speeches. The volcano scenes were cool, but I don't recall there being a volcano on that island in previous movies (convenient addition, I think). I think the mutant dinosaur thing has run its course, though.... I'm not sure where else they can go (Jurassic Earth?), but for whatever shortcomings it had compared to the previous movie (World was definitely better overall, IMO), I tool solace in how much screen time Bryce Dallas Howard got (very pretty lady, IMO). Negative parallax was hardly used. Some stronger effects might have helped the weaker story. Overall, I still think it was a better sequel to World than Jurassic Park II & III were to the original (didn't care for either one of those two).
What did you think of the 3D?
Thanks given by:
thestrangestick (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 06:14 PM   #271
Special Member

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
What did you think of the 3D?
It was OK. The depth was good. Almost no discernible crosstalk here so that was a plus. Very little in the way of popouts, though (a little bit here and there). It's still better in 3D than 2D, IMO and since the 3D disc has immersive sound already on it (i.e. It has DTS X) it's a no brainer to get the 3D disc, IMO plus it's a native North America release in 3D so it's a good support title.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #272
Expert Member

May 2011
New York State

Did anyone notice how much the mansion in this film resembled the one occupied by the X-Men?
Old 10-31-2018, 12:29 AM   #273
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014

Forgot I hadn't bought this one yet, so ordered.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #274
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Finally watched this last night and thought it was an OK movie overall. I actually liked Jurassic World better than this. As for the 3D? Solid depth throughout and some scenes were really good. Nothing life changing and not many popouts at all. Still, a better watch in 3D than 2D would have been. Glad I opted for the 3D version here.

So, an average if unspectacular release. Worth the 3D version IMO if you are a 3D fan and are on the fence about whether to get the 4K or the 3D. I say the 3D is the one to have.
Thanks given by:
Freakyguy666 (11-04-2018), infiniteCR (11-06-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #275

Jul 2017
england

Got it today, tame 3d in my early quick viewing of the opening ten minutes, will give it a chance but looked noteably weaker than the other two which seems insane
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-23-2019)
Old 11-06-2018, 07:55 AM   #276
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

Gave this a very quick skim yesterday evening and I thought the 3D looked really nice. I skipped around a few scenes quickly. I'll try and watch the whole movie later.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #277
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonMagnum View Post

if Universal had just gone with Dolby Atmos you wouldn't have had to upmix the audio ... that's my two cents regarding the audio.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #278
Special Member

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
if Universal had just gone with Dolby Atmos you wouldn't have had to upmix the audio ... that's my two cents regarding the audio.
Upmix the audio? I didn't "upmix" anything. I use the Pro Logic to EXTRACT the extra Top Middle channel. But I use the SAME processor to extract that channel for Atmos too (far cheaper than buying that $4000 8500H behemoth). It produces Top Middle for everything regardless of the format limitations (works perfect on the 9.1.6 Atmos test for top middle). The Denon 4400 is only $899 on sale right now. I got the Onkyo units for around $60 each used. So for about 1/4 the price of an 8500H you can get 7.1.6 that works BETTER (because it also works for DTS X and even Auro-3D if you want).

I can see how people who have a Denon 8500H would prefer Atmos if they're using top middle mode (personally if I had an 8500H, I'd use the 2 extra channels to do front wides instead and STILL extract top middle so it's used on everything, although then you'd have the problem that DTS X/Neural X wouldn't use front wides either. The best combination for now is two 11-channel AVRs (including an older one like the 7010 that can do front wides) plus Dolby extractors. That gets you TRUE 9.1.6 performance that works with DTS X also for half the price of an 8500 that can only do 7.1.6 or 9.1.4. I added matrixed front wides as well (using my old Yamaha to power all the extra channels) and another active mixer to create a dialog lift effect (L/R + C + Front Heights to Yamaha for power and then to front heights with adjustable levels for each). Now sound comes from the middle of the screen for dialog (left/right can be adjusted as well for panned dialog movies. I leave them all just below half height. The separation in the front is reduced a bit from the front height speakers, but it's worth it to have the dialog come from where it's supposed to, IMO).
Old 01-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #279
Expert Member

Jul 2017

Just dropped to $14.99 at Best Buy
Old 01-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #280
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHobbs View Post
Just dropped to $14.99 at Best Buy
$13.99 for me when I selected picking up at the store.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies