Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
6 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
4 hrs ago
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
6 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$48.74
1 hr ago
My Bloody Valentine (Blu-ray)
$27.86
4 hrs ago
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (Blu-ray)
$6.00
3 hrs ago
Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
2 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 10-02-2019, 02:46 AM   #1
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA
Default difficult decisions, we had to put our family dog to sleep

Five years ago, we lost our mom, who passed away in her sleep. Many of the community expressed their sympathies to which my family is grateful. But, yesterday, we lost another member of our family.

We had a family pet, a dachshund, who had became attached to my mom after our dad had passed away. Madison was very protective of my mom whom she had become very attached to. This was good because our mom had never loved dogs. Well, after our mom passed away, Madison had become so attached to me that she would never let me out of her sight. She would always go to sleep in my lap while I was at my computer and she would always nudge my leg with her nose when she needed to go outside. She would also curl up in a ball and sleep between my legs when I would go to sleep at night.

When we moved into our new home, we noticed that she had started developing a wound on her belly, or rather her breast area. It got so bad that I talked to my sister about it and since she had originally paid for Madison when she was a puppy, we made the decision to have her put to sleep. It was the most difficult thing we ever had to do. See, we had Madison since she was a few months old and she was always very protective of us. She was my mom's baby.

It took me a long time to get over my mom's death but Madison helped me get through it. Having her put to sleep, we just didn't want her to be in any more pain and she had been in constant pain for a few weeks because the wound had been getting worse as the days went on. It's just a loss that has hit our family a lot more than we'd care to admit. She was loved and I wanted to share this with everyone.

Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (10-02-2019), Scarriere (10-02-2019), THE_FORCE (10-11-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 03:03 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Sorry to hear about the loss of Madison kemcha. She was very cute. Did the vet say what the wound was or what caused it?
Old 10-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
Expert Member

Dec 2011
California

I'm very sorry for loss. Madison was such a cute dog. RIP
Old 10-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #4
Special Member

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

You have my sympathy. I lost my little dog last November after 17 years. I know how painful it is.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

RIP. Sorry for your loss
Old 10-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North America™

I’m sorry for your loss.
Hang in there kemcha.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

It's hard to lose a pet. My condolences.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #8
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Thanks, everyone, for your condolences. My sister didn't tell me what the cause was. But that the wound didn't appear on Madison's stomach area until after we moved into our new home. She was very loyal and protective of our family. It's still just very raw and I'm trying to cope with it. My sister did tell me that she did want to get another dachshund.

It hit me the hardest because she was always by my side whenever I went. She was, after all, my mom's protector. Just going to be very hard to get over her no longer being with us. But, at least she's with our parents now.

It's just easier to talk about this online because my younger brother and sister would just tell me to get over it. They're just cold about things like this. I think my sister has become too anesthetized being that she works as a nursing aide to the elderly. But, I do have a psychiatrist and a therapist that I see over my anxiety and panic attacks that I can talk to about it and help me come to terms.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (10-07-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat