Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Universe in 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.86

G-Force 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.44

Wings 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.91

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Tomb Raider 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.00

Bait (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.03

Kylie Minogue: Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London (Blu-ray)
$23.24

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 09-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #1

Apr 2018
Exclamation Site selling 3D TVs - scam?

Hey fellow forum members,

I found a site (through google shopping) that appears to be selling 3D OLED LGs for roughly around the old retail price. I was aware of a few legit sites (linked directly from the LG website) that were doing this up until very recently, but with the only proof of this new website’s legitimacy being that they are listed on google (which doesn’t mean that much) I wondered what you guys thought about it, seeming as it’s very rare to see these sold new now.

Part of me thinks ‘even if it’s a fake I could just do a credit card chargeback’ but is that more hassle than it’s worth?

Link is below:

https://lucimall.com/products.php?pr...-Metallic-Gray
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (09-05-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 02:36 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
Hey fellow forum members,

I found a site (through google shopping) that appears to be selling 3D OLED LGs for roughly around the old retail price. I was aware of a few legit sites (linked directly from the LG website) that were doing this up until very recently, but with the only proof of this new website’s legitimacy being that they are listed on google (which doesn’t mean that much) I wondered what you guys thought about it, seeming as it’s very rare to see these sold new now.

Part of me thinks ‘even if it’s a fake I could just do a credit card chargeback’ but is that more hassle than it’s worth?

Link is below:

https://lucimall.com/products.php?pr...-Metallic-Gray
Hi strangestick,

Would not trust any site that only reimburses one the cost of the cheapest form of return shipping for a dead on delivery item. A reputable site would provide a UPS or FedEx return label charged to their own account if for nothing else, proof of shipment and tracking.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (09-02-2018), thestrangestick (09-04-2018), Wingman1977 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #3

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi strangestick,

Would not trust any site that only reimburses one the cost of the cheapest form of return shipping for a dead on delivery item. A reputable site would provide a UPS or FedEx return label charged to their own account if for nothing else, proof of shipment and tracking.
Yup did some more research on it and it appears to be dodgy af.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #4

Jul 2017
england

It doesnt even show the model codes?
Old 09-05-2018, 01:32 AM   #5
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
Yup did some more research on it and it appears to be dodgy af.
The telephone number they list is out of my state North Carolina, in Raleigh. I have been meaning to call them as they are good prices. I will try to do this tomorrow.

Wish me luck. And thank you very much for the heads up, Strangestick. Who knows, we might get lucky, thanks to you!!!
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
The telephone number they list is out of my state North Carolina, in Raleigh. I have been meaning to call them as they are good prices. I will try to do this tomorrow.

Wish me luck. And thank you very much for the heads up, Strangestick. Who knows, we might get lucky, thanks to you!!!
Wild Bill to the rescue!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #7

Nov 2007
NJ

If you look at their Return Policy page, it states this at the top:

"Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at RaceProTax.com (hereinafter known as RaceProTax). They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases, including important limitations and exclusions. Your placement of an Order at RaceProTax constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the Order, so be certain you understand them before you place your Order."

I did a quick search on RaceProTax, and this was one of the links that came up: https://www.scamguard.com/raceprotaxcom/

I think I would stay far far away from this.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Hello Everyone:

Number in Raleigh, NC has been disconnected, and no way to track an address. This is a scam site. Caveat Emptor!

These tvs are gone I am afraid. I just picked my daughter up a 65 active 4k 3D Panasonic for 899.00 the other day, from 2015. One left on Amazon for $1,200. I believe, open box, but one I got had never been opened; just trying to get rid of it I guess. It is so awful; They cared so little for selling 3D on the tv that they did not even include 3D glasses!! I had to buy two pairs.

There is also a plasma 65 Panasonic 1080 3D on ebay for 1,199.00, which I was going to buy until I saw the 4k, that she really wanted.

Nothing else that I have seen.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:16 PM   #9

Apr 2018

Quote:
Hello Everyone:

Number in Raleigh, NC has been disconnected, and no way to track an address. This is a scam site. Caveat Emptor!

These tvs are gone I am afraid. I just picked my daughter up a 65 active 4k 3D Panasonic for 899.00 the other day, from 2015. One left on Amazon for $1,200. I believe, open box, but one I got had never been opened; just trying to get rid of it I guess. It is so awful; They cared so little for selling 3D on the tv that they did not even include 3D glasses!! I had to buy two pairs.

There is also a plasma 65 Panasonic 1080 3D on ebay for 1,199.00, which I was going to buy until I saw the 4k, that she really wanted.

Nothing else that I have seen.
Yeah it's definitely a scam site. They refer to the site as being two different names (all not the website itself) - both mentioned as being scams if you google them. It's such a shoddy cut and paste scam site (meant to harvest phone and or credit card data) that if you enter a blatantly fake card number it will accept it and say transaction approved, lol.

As for buying 3D TVs nowadays, craigslist is your best bet.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:59 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

"Number in Raleigh, NC has been disconnected, and no way to track an address. This is a scam site. Caveat Emptor"

Hi wild bill,

Nope. Phone wasn't disconnected. They had caller ID, saw it was you, and immediately fled outside State lines!
Old 09-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #11
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
"Number in Raleigh, NC has been disconnected, and no way to track an address. This is a scam site. Caveat Emptor"

Hi wild bill,

Nope. Phone wasn't disconnected. They had caller ID, saw it was you, and immediately fled outside State lines!
Where is the FBI when I need them? Ha.Ha.

Hope you are alright, Joe. Here comes Florence! Hopefully not!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Where is the FBI when I need them? Ha.Ha.

Hope you are alright, Joe. Here comes Florence! Hopefully not!!!!!!!!!
Hi wild Bill,

I'm more concerned about you in the Carolinas. Hear reports it might be a category four. As far as New York, we just expect some rain, nothing big.

Please take all precautions for the safety of you and yours.

Am sure the FBI protecting your 3D set and disc collection is their top priority!
Old 09-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #13
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Hi wild Bill,

I'm more concerned about you in the Carolinas. Hear reports it might be a category four. As far as New York, we just expect some rain, nothing big.

Please take all precautions for the safety of you and yours.

Am sure the FBI protecting your 3D set and disc collection is their top priority!
Yeah, we are battening down the hatches. This one is gonna hurt. Thank you for you the nice thoughts. Not to change the subject, but did you ever get any confirmation from Universal on receiving a replacement disc?

Live in North Carolina, hurricanes are inevitable, but they still scare the shit out of me!

Gotta go, got the FBI on the other line! Ha.ha.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion