Best PC Game Deals

Best PC Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Civilization VI (PC)
$21.73

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
$15.99

Fallen Earth: Blood Sports (PC)
$7.14

Fallout 76 (PC)
$51.48

The Sims Triple Expansion Collection, Vol 2: Hot Date / Vacation / Makin' Magic (PC)
$19.99

Destiny 2 (PC)
$147.50
6 hrs ago
Destiny 2 (PC)
$21.94

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$44.70

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$24.89
9 hrs ago
Call of Duty: WWII (PC)
$37.93

Starcraft II Battle Chest (PC)
$28.99

Sid Meierís Civilization V (PC)
$26.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming

Old 11-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North
Default WoW "Classic" being released by Blizzard (2018?)

I was curious if anyone was following the status of this development and if they have interest in delving back into the original world of Azeroth once more?
My Daughter and I jumped in circa 2005 Vanilla. I lasted up until end of Lich King but my daughter and her husband are still playing the Live!

When Nostalrius stood up their Classic Vanilla server in around (2015?), for free play, I jumped on and had a blast! Until Blizz demanded they close it.

So it seems we are going to have another chance.
Watched a few You-tube vids of folks discussing and playing the new Beta but no launch date as yet.
Anyway, was curious if any others are excited about this?
Old 11-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
I was curious if anyone was following the status of this development and if they have interest in delving back into the original world of Azeroth once more?
My Daughter and I jumped in circa 2005 Vanilla. I lasted up until end of Lich King but my daughter and her husband are still playing the Live!

When Nostalrius stood up their Classic Vanilla server in around (2015?), for free play, I jumped on and had a blast! Until Blizz demanded they close it.

So it seems we are going to have another chance.
Watched a few You-tube vids of folks discussing and playing the new Beta but no launch date as yet.
Anyway, was curious if any others are excited about this?
June 2019 is the release date for WOW cLassic
Thanks given by:
Gorgon (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

I’ll come back and give it a try just for the nostalgia lol

“60 Lock LFG UBRS. Will summon”
Thanks given by:
Gorgon (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

^^ I ran a "Lock" thru all the expansions up to LK and still my fave class.
Played right, a 'Lock is damn near unkillable.
I wasn't that good but pretty good.
Did my share of 40 man's and got the gear to prove it...

Last edited by Gorgon; 11-09-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Thanks given by:
redxrebellion (11-09-2018)
Old 06-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

I've started to keep a closer eye on news surrounding the upcoming release of WoW classic and it looks to be shaping up pretty darn good!
Still no firm release date (I know of) but expected for This Summer.

It seems they will be releasing it in "phases" wrt 'Raid' and possibly 'Dungeon' content and it will be the version that existed just before the release of Burning Crusade once all released.
Other than the Dungeons and Raids, all of the last patch content (pre-BC) is expected on day one.

I'm quite looking forward to it but I also remember just how much of a time sink the original was so I won't be as fanatical on this edition, heh.
Not exactly a "filthy casual" , but not in a race to 60 either, this time.
As there is no word of a future BC expansion release, I've got lots of time, to take my time...

Hope to see ya on there!
Old 07-08-2019, 10:30 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

Hi Folks;
I could probably search for this on the 'Net easily enough but just to keep the interest flowing here, I thought I'd pose a question.
I have not played on Blizzard's server since I guess, 2009? (WotLK).
I also played WoW Classic on Nostalrious but that's not the issue.

Does anyone know, since Blizz is using the new engine to drive Classic, what I need to do to purchase in?
I have my old discs but I assume they are irrelevant due to the new engine.
So;
- do I need to set up a new account, and
- can I "purchase" new Classic (e-copy I guess) directly from Blizz?

Any assistance would be much appreciated ! Ta!

Oh, I guess we are looking at an end August release, sharded/layered for first week or so.

Cheers!
Old 07-15-2019, 04:18 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

Hi Folks!
So, I was able to discover the info I sought mentioned above, courtesy of my Son-in-Law, who still plays WoW even to this day (Battle For Azeroth).
He too has plans of setting up a few WoW Classic characters, as do a few of his friends.
This is of course, wonderful news to me as hopefully, I will have opportunity to join with them in Classic for Dungeons and Raids.

I sincerely hope that some of you wonderful folk will take opportunity to get involved as well since I truly believe this release will be a home run hit!
Leaning back on 'what I know', heh, I intend to resurrect my Undead Warlock and Troll Hunter.
Probably will create a Tauren Druid as well, that like last time, will begin as a Bank Alt and then progress slowly.
Heh, as is evident, I lean toward The Horde but that's just second nature at this point...
I've already pulled out and dusted off my Brady Games Manual and my Atlas.

I've always played on PvP servers and though PvP was never my focus, I always enjoyed the additional danger that such servers provided.
It certainly gave me incentive to 'git gud' at whatever class I was developing at least.
So, I'll bring up key info here as I discover it but otherwise, I'd dearly love to hear if any folk have plans of getting once more involved.

I see a lot of "views" but not many posts!
Please don't be shy, new at the game or an old salt, I'd love to hear from you!
All the best;
"60 'Lock, LFR - Nax - will summon, got stones "

Last edited by Gorgon; 07-15-2019 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:44 PM   #8

Apr 2018
Renton, WA

Quote:

I see a lot of "views" but not many posts!
Please don't be shy, new at the game or an old salt, I'd love to hear from you!
All the best;
"60 'Lock, LFR - Nax - will summon, got stones "
I'll be there for classic.

I'm an old school WoW player... started at release in 2004 and played religiously thru Wrath... then lost interest in Cataclysm and basically played on and off after that. I played some of MoP... skipped WoD... played one raid tier in Legion (ToS) and haven't touched the new BFA at all.

Old school WoW was the best WoW. Can't wait. Already in a guild and playing on a classic private server with them until the official release. Always played a Priest as my main character with Mage being my alt.

60 Undead Priest

P.S.

I logged in for a few days last month to play the stress test beta and it looked great. They've done a nice job bringing back the old game... it was just as I remember it... the quests, the mana regen rates... everything. Can't wait to play the game where everything isn't handed out like candy like it is in today's game.
Thanks given by:
Gorgon (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

Sounds great TravisPNW!
Thanks much for your post.

I played Classic on Nost (PS) until it was shut down but never did search for another server.

Very happy I won't need to now and looking forward to the Blizz re-launch.
This is gonna be a LOT of fun! heh.

edit: an Undead Priest eh?
Shadow (Facemelter) or Holy (Healbot) ?

Last edited by Gorgon; 07-15-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Thanks given by:
TravisPNW (10-08-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:34 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

Curious if anyone created characters today?
Servers are up.
I know the game does not launch until the 27th, but Blizz has opened the door today so that if you have a desired character "Name" you can go on-site and create that character(s) so you are ready for launch.

Personally, I think they have fewer servers than initial launch will require but on the stress test, they were able to host as many as 30k people per server so we'll see.
Also, as you are probably aware, they will have layering, at least for the first week or so.
Personally, I plan on waiting at least a week or two after launch before signing in, as I doubt I'd be able to score a "cactus apple" to save my life on launch, heh.

Also, by then I think many of the tourists from BFA will log off, as I suspect they will find the game "too slow"...we'll see.
Thanks given by:
TravisPNW (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 05:34 PM   #11

Apr 2018
Renton, WA

Quote:
Curious if anyone created characters today?
Servers are up.

Also, by then I think many of the tourists from BFA will log off, as I suspect they will find the game "too slow"...we'll see.
Quote:
Sounds great TravisPNW!
Thanks much for your post.

I played Classic on Nost (PS) until it was shut down but never did search for another server.

Very happy I won't need to now and looking forward to the Blizz re-launch.
This is gonna be a LOT of fun! heh.

edit: an Undead Priest eh?
Shadow (Facemelter) or Holy (Healbot) ?
Well I started Horde... but on day 2 there was a nasty 4 hour queue so I moved to a different server and went Alliance instead. I also decided to flip and go with a mage main and a priest alt this time.

Here we are 5 weeks or so after launch and I have a 60 gnome mage and a 40 human priest on Arcanite Reaper (PST PVP) and am having a blast with classic.

Both my characters are 300 alchy/herb/cooking/first aid and I just hit 60 on my mage on Saturday. Ran MC on Sunday downing the first 2 bosses in a test run with 32 players and I'm now farming gear in dungeons to prep for raiding.

I prefer to heal on the priest. For dps I have my mage.

Last edited by TravisPNW; 10-08-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming