Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8 hrs ago
Titans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
16 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.55
16 hrs ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96

The Flash: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
10 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #2001

Nov 2010
Knoxville, TN

I second that!

Actually about to purchase some more Reference speakers to complete my 9.2 setup...
Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #2002
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Bump! ! Love my Klipsch RF 7 II's more everyday! ! Klipsch FTW! !!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #2003
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Klipsch satellite speakers
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #2004

Nov 2010
Knoxville, TN

I am researching making a move..

Currently have RF-7II's and a RC-64II for the front three.

Due to the upcoming move and dedicated media room, I am considering jumping into the THX speakers so my LCR are the same speaker and I can have more flexibility in placement...

Thoughts? Concerns?

Only had the three since May, so they could make somebody very happy.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #2005

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH10810 View Post

Due to the upcoming move and dedicated media room, I am considering jumping into the THX speakers so my LCR are the same speaker and I can have more flexibility in placement...

Thoughts? Concerns?

Do it...now!!!!! However, let me say that you will need to get some nice subs if you are going to the 650's!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #2006
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:

Thoughts? Concerns?

I think your going to miss them but sometimes you have to do what works best for you . I know since owning mine I cant even imagine getting rid of them im so happy with them for music and movies . But with that being said I can totaly understand moving and space limitaions because those 7II's are monsters !!!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #2007

Nov 2010
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Do it...now!!!!! However, let me say that you will need to get some nice subs if you are going to the 650's!
Currently I have a single HSU VTF-15H..but will be adding at least one more sub to the new room.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #2008

Nov 2010
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
I think your going to miss them but sometimes you have to do what works best for you . I know since owning mine I cant even imagine getting rid of them im so happy with them for music and movies . But with that being said I can totaly understand moving and space limitaions because those 7II's are monsters !!!
I spoke to somebody at Klipssch and they basically said the difference is minimal. He gave the THX setup a 10 and the Reference setup a 9.5.... Also, he suggested going with three RF-7's if possible.

What keeps me going back to the THX setup, is the flexibility. I put these right up against the wall, which will allow me to go with a bigger screen. Keeping the current setup would mean losing space on the sides and/or how close I can sit to the screen. Since the 7's are rear ported, I can't put them right up on the wall..

Decisions.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #2009

Nov 2010
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
BTW...Great room.

How do you like your Integra 80.3?

I am on my second 5508 and I am REALLY considering cutting my losses with this guy. My thought is to go with the 80.3. Does the Audyssey Pro work on it?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #2010

Dec 2007

Quote:
I spoke to somebody at Klipssch and they basically said the difference is minimal. He gave the THX setup a 10 and the Reference setup a 9.5.... Also, he suggested going with three RF-7's if possible.

What keeps me going back to the THX setup, is the flexibility. I put these right up against the wall, which will allow me to go with a bigger screen. Keeping the current setup would mean losing space on the sides and/or how close I can sit to the screen. Since the 7's are rear ported, I can't put them right up on the wall..

Decisions.
I figured that placement was a huge factor That's one of the reasons that I'm using the Heresy x3 for my front stage. I would like to go to three LaScalas but that would really take up some room and the height issue is another problem. A third 7-II would be great but they are fairly tall.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #2011

Nov 2010
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
I figured that placement was a huge factor That's one of the reasons that I'm using the Heresy x3 for my front stage. I would like to go to three LaScalas but that would really take up some room and the height issue is another problem. A third 7-II would be great but they are fairly tall.
I was out doing some measurements to see how high the THX speakers would need to be in comparison to the RF-7II's and boy do the 7's look nice when you take the grill off.

It would be nice to borrow a RF-7II and see how all three would sound together...
Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #2012
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
BTW...Great room.

How do you like your Integra 80.3?

I am on my second 5508 and I am REALLY considering cutting my losses with this guy. My thought is to go with the 80.3. Does the Audyssey Pro work on it?
Thanks ! Im very happy with the 80.3 and yes you have the option to go with the pro kit. Its a great pre/pro that I feel is very detailed but not to bright with my current setup.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #2013
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
I was out doing some measurements to see how high the THX speakers would need to be in comparison to the RF-7II's and boy do the 7's look nice when you take the grill off.

It would be nice to borrow a RF-7II and see how all three would sound together...
So true I wish I had a extra RF-7II to demo as a center . Love the look of the 7's with the grill off to you know they mean business .
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #2014
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:

Decisions.
That is a tough choice man .. but three 7's would sound wicked on the front stage I bet.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #2015

Oct 2012

Nice to see other Klipsch owners here.

I currently have Klipsch cherry RF-7 II's, an RC-64 II, and 2 RW-12D subwoofers powered by a new Pioneer Elite SC-61 receiver and am researching what I want to do for the 7.1 surrounds right now. My seating is a fair distance from the back wall... about 8-9 feet, so I'm thinking about going with RB-81 II's in the rear and RS-62 II's on the sides. If I don't go that route I'd go RS-62 II's for both.

I'm sure I'd be happy with either configuration, the RB-81's offer more mounting options considering this isn't a dedicated home theater and I need to maintain a proper living room feel, it would allow me to put book cases up on the back wall or mount them to the wall. On the other hand mounting the RS-62's will be easier since everything is included in the box and I don't need to get a 3rd party mounting system.

Even in just 3.2 configuration this system has really blown me away in the month or so I've owned it. The clarify and power in both movies and music has gone above my expectations.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #2016
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post
Nice to see other Klipsch owners here.

I currently have Klipsch cherry RF-7 II's, an RC-64 II, and 2 RW-12D subwoofers powered by a new Pioneer Elite SC-61 receiver and am researching what I want to do for the 7.1 surrounds right now. My seating is a fair distance from the back wall... about 8-9 feet, so I'm thinking about going with RB-81 II's in the rear and RS-62 II's on the sides. If I don't go that route I'd go RS-62 II's for both.

I'm sure I'd be happy with either configuration, the RB-81's offer more mounting options considering this isn't a dedicated home theater and I need to maintain a proper living room feel, it would allow me to put book cases up on the back wall or mount them to the wall. On the other hand mounting the RS-62's will be easier since everything is included in the box and I don't need to get a 3rd party mounting system.

Even in just 3.2 configuration this system has really blown me away in the month or so I've owned it. The clarify and power in both movies and music has gone above my expectations.
Welcome you have a great combo and don't think you can go wrong either way .Your speakers will continue to impress you more everyday becsuse I know mine have..enjoy !!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #2017

Oct 2012

Quote:
Welcome you have a great combo and don't think you can go wrong either way .Your speakers will continue to impress you more everyday becsuse I know mine have..enjoy !!
Yeah I am definitely very happy with them. Did you get rid of the Emotiva amps or are you still using them? I got confused by your gallery pictures.

What do/did you think of them for the RF-7 II system? They are definitely extremely efficient/sensitive and they sound good with the Pioneer Elite SC-61 (noticeably better than an old Sony receiver I had them hooked up to before), I'm just wondering what more level of growth is available with the Emotiva amps past what I already have.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #2018
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Yeah I am definitely very happy with them. Did you get rid of the Emotiva amps or are you still using them? I got confused by your gallery pictures.

What do/did you think of them for the RF-7 II system? They are definitely extremely efficient/sensitive and they sound good with the Pioneer Elite SC-61 (noticeably better than an old Sony receiver I had them hooked up to before), I'm just wondering what more level of growth is available with the Emotiva amps past what I already have.
If you start in the begining of my gallery and work down the farther you go is the most current as I made the changes I beleive but will have to take a stroll down gallery lane for my self to confirm I'm not running the Emo's any longer I switched to a Parasound Halo A52 amp that I love its a great match with my setup.The Emo's are a great bang for the Buck and if thats the Route you'd like to go I would go with a xpa 5 .
Old 10-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #2019

Oct 2012

Quote:
If you start in the begining of my gallery and work down the farther you go is the most current as I made the changes I beleive but will have to take a stroll down gallery lane for my self to confirm I'm not running the Emo's any longer I switched to a Parasound Halo A52 amp that I love its a great match with my setup.The Emo's are a great bang for the Buck and if thats the Route you'd like to go I would go with a xpa 5 .
I guess my question was is it a noticeable difference going from a typical receiver rated around 120+wpc (and probably delivering 75ish w/7 channels driven) to a solid 200wpc, all channels driven? I realize watts aren't everything, and also that our speakers are very efficient, but I'm just wondering if there is much benefit to be had in our case.

It's definitely something I don't need right now as it sounds great as is and there are many other things that could and should be done before dedicated amps, but it may be something I look into down the road just to get the most from the system.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #2020

Jun 2012

Quote:
I guess my question was is it a noticeable difference going from a typical receiver rated around 120+wpc (and probably delivering 75ish w/7 channels driven) to a solid 200wpc, all channels driven? I realize watts aren't everything, and also that our speakers are very efficient, but I'm just wondering if there is much benefit to be had in our case.

It's definitely something I don't need right now as it sounds great as is and there are many other things that could and should be done before dedicated amps, but it may be something I look into down the road just to get the most from the system.
Power ratings can be deceptive, because in some senses they are arbitrary. The same receiver could deliver 75Wpc with all channels driven, or 100Wpc all channels driven. The difference is that the first rating may be at .5% distortion, while the second is over 1.0% distortion. Manufacturers also like to only show distortion at a single frequency, say 1kHz, rather than averaged across the audioband. And this is to say nothing of current, which is, in some respects, more important than watts. Some people (or reviewers) will talk about amps or receivers putting out a "strong" 50 watts of power, when what they mean is that it's 50Wpc with very little distortion and decent current behind it.

Going from an AVR to a dedicated amp for your HT will probably be audible for you. But you'll be hearing less distortion and likely a lower noise floor, not the additional watts, per se.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers