Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00
15 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
16 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray)
$22.86
1 hr ago
Bohemian Rhapsody 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 hr ago
Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$56.99
4 hrs ago
Aquaman 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
16 hrs ago
Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #201
Power Member

Sep 2007
Twin Cities
Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hidef

Got the stands for my new RB 81's today. Sanus SF30 is a nice solid stand for these...
Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #202

Jun 2009
NYC

As you can tell by my signature I have lots of Klipschs. Prior to buying them in 2004 I auditioned many speakers and I felt that the Klipschs sounded best to me. The great thing about Klipsch is that they offer a variety of speakers to fit all budgets and room sizes.

For example I have a Klipsch RC35 on the floor below my screen and a RC25 above the screen mounted to the ceiling. I use the 25 to raise the perceived sound to come from the screen and not from the speaker. I used a separate amp to blend the 2 speakers after trial and error.

The Klipschs are also easy to drive as they are efficient and I can go to concert volume if I so desire. While some people hate Klipsch I like them.

I would post pictures but I can't get the size of the files under the limit allowed.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #203
Banned

Apr 2008
Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to nezff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike from nyc View Post
As you can tell by my signature I have lots of Klipschs. Prior to buying them in 2004 I auditioned many speakers and I felt that the Klipschs sounded best to me. The great thing about Klipsch is that they offer a variety of speakers to fit all budgets and room sizes.

For example I have a Klipsch RC35 on the floor below my screen and a RC25 above the screen mounted to the ceiling. I use the 25 to raise the perceived sound to come from the screen and not from the speaker. I used a separate amp to blend the 2 speakers after trial and error.

The Klipschs are also easy to drive as they are efficient and I can go to concert volume if I so desire. While some people hate Klipsch I like them.

I would post pictures but I can't get the size of the files under the limit allowed.
why do you have two center speakers?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #204
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.hidef View Post
Wow!...my new RB 81's sound great! Never knew what I was missing.....
Quote:
Got the stands for my new RB 81's today. Sanus SF30 is a nice solid stand for these...
Glad you like them. Now post some pics of them.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #205
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Baltimore, MD

Quote:

add them to your gallery!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #206

Jun 2009
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
why do you have two center speakers?
One goes below my screen and the other is mounted above the screen. The upper speaker 'lifts' the dialogue to the center of the screen.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #207
Power Member

Sep 2007
Twin Cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman325 View Post
Glad you like them. Now post some pics of them.
Pic's are up now.....under my gallery......(New room pic's) Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #208
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

How well do you feel the Klipsch bookshelves blend with the B&W center? Does it sound "off" at all when sounds pan across the front from side to side?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #209
Power Member

Sep 2007
Twin Cities

Quote:
How well do you feel the Klipsch bookshelves blend with the B&W center? Does it sound "off" at all when sounds pan across the front from side to side?
I don't notice an obvious difference......so they seem fine...I have noticed that the B&W sounds a little more "muffled" sounding, but that's B&W's type of "natural" sound........(I thought the dome tweeter and the horns would clash.........maybe I'm not listening close enough? )......seems fine, and sounds AMAZING!

almost forgot....I would like a RC-64 though sometime......

Last edited by mr.hidef; 06-16-2009 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #210

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Here's a pair of Klipsch Heresy's (black) for sale at CanuckAudioMart for $300CDN.

Thought I'd post this should some of you guys be interested.

John
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #211
Banned

Apr 2008
Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to nezff

Quote:
One goes below my screen and the other is mounted above the screen. The upper speaker 'lifts' the dialogue to the center of the screen.
one is enough. Im not really sure how you have two centers hooked up but whatever.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #212
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
I don't notice an obvious difference......so they seem fine...I have noticed that the B&W sounds a little more "muffled" sounding, but that's B&W's type of "natural" sound........(I thought the dome tweeter and the horns would clash.........maybe I'm not listening close enough? )......seems fine, and sounds AMAZING!

almost forgot....I would like a RC-64 though sometime......
The RC-64 is an awesome center speaker, but you would be fine with an RC-62 to go with your RB-81s. It would save you quite a few $$$ too.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:59 AM   #213
Power Member

Sep 2007
Twin Cities

Quote:
The RC-64 is an awesome center speaker, but you would be fine with an RC-62 to go with your RB-81s. It would save you quite a few $$$ too.
Got to hear a RC-62 this last evening and It WOULD be perfect....hmmmm....
Old 06-19-2009, 05:35 AM   #214
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

The RC-62 is the recommended center for RB-81s. Click on the link below to see the entire package Klipsch recommends with the RB-81s.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...stem-overview/

There wouldn't be anything wrong with the RC-64, but I wouldn't think you would need it with RB-81s.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #215
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina

Well I just took my first step into Klipsch Speakers.
I just ordered a pair of Klipsch KS-2 Surround Speakers.

I am going to imagine these were designed to be used as rear surrounds,or am I incorrect in thinking that.Can they also be mounted on the side walls or would that eliminate some of the advantage of the speakers design?

And while I am posting this does anyone have any experience with these speakers?Are they good surround performers?Are they good performers period,as these were a blind buy.

I caught them on a good sale and wanted to add something to my surround soundfield that wasnt so directional(and I used a "store" credit card and they dont carry any Polk Bipole/Dipole Speakers).

Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #216
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Are you talking about these? S-2s?

They are actually meant to go on the side walls. Surrounds go on the sides, not the back. If your seating position is all the way up against the back wall like mine is, then you can often get away with putting your surrounds on the back wall. However if your seating position is not up against a wall then the surrounds should go on the sides. This, along with the front stage (front left, right and center) and your subwoofer, makes a proper 5.1 setup. To go to a 7.1 setup, you add two more speakers, called surround backs, which are meant to go on the back wall.

Last edited by Steve; 06-20-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #217
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina

Thanks fireman they are the speakers I am referring to.

I have a 7 channel set-up so I can use them to replace either my side surrounds or rear surrounds.
My seating for my home theater is about 3 to 4 feet in front of the back wall,so I am currently using a pair of Polk FloorStanding Speakers as my Rear Surrounds at the moment.

So,even with that in consideration would the sides still be the "ideal" position for these S-2 surround speakers?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #218
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

THX recommends placing bipoles/dipoles on the sides and monopoles in the back. I have seen several people post however that they use bipoles in all surround positions in 6.1 and 7.1 setups and are very pleased with the results. I've also seen complaints that with monopole surround backs some people thought the sound was too directional. I think the best thing to do would be to experiment with them in your setup and see how you like them in both the surround and surround back positions and go with whichever you like best.

If you don't mind my asking though, why did you get Klipsch surrounds to go with a Polk setup?

Edit: Nevermind the last question. I just re-read your original post and you already answered it.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #219

Feb 2009
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
New question - I intially asked about the comparison of the RF line vs the Heritage line - not a lot of feedback. Well now I want to know - how many of you actually own Heritage Line Klipsch? Heritage line would include the following.

Klispchorns
Belles
LaScala
Cornwalls
Heresey

I will also add these -
Chorus
Forte
Academy
Quartets

All of these are basicly horn loaded speakers (at least a Horn loaded tweeter and midrange with the exception of the Academy - its a center channel). I've seen no one in the Galleries with Heritage speakers (I find this strange with Klipsch strong following). I would also like to see if there are any Snell owners out there also - Even Woody has one other person on the site with Von's ! I would consider his speakers rare indeed! Ok who's out there?
Just reached this thread on this rather awesome site and will add my two cents (for whatever there worth). Please forgive this rather lengthy tome.

My love affair with Klipsch speakers began in the 60's when my first part time job provided some disposable income and my age allowed driving a motorized vehicle. I could now (without considerable begging, well maybe a little as I needed the family car) drive to places like Allied Radio and the more esoteric audio houses outside my hometown of Chicago. Since $$$ were hard to come by (and having depression era parents forming my spending and saving mind-space) I had built my first stereo (yes stereo started in the 60's) in parts, and my first speaker cabinets in the park district wood shops.

Being a geek before the name was either fashionable or used, my friends were also comfortable around terms like 12AX7 and the like. Soon we would carpool outings to the more fashionable (read expensive) audio salons placed in the more affluent "burgs" which surrounded Chicago proper.

The news of a new fantastic speaker called an "electrostatic" sent a few of us on a journey to a far off audio den to here the "ultimate" in sound. The demo room was amazing and filled with a few customers that looked remarkably as I do now. Back then, however, my hair was black and my stomach flatter. Basically I looked poor and thus tended to be overlooked by the sales staff but that worked for me as I was able to listen and learn.

The "electrostatics" were turned on and demonstrated. They were an assault on my young 20K hearing ears and the constant sound of a heat radiator on high turned me off to these "excellent" speakers. It seemed to have the same effect on the more affluent in the crowd (it could have been the price tag as well) for the demo soon moved to the Klipsch systems. The Heresy's were auditioned first and I was sold on the spot. I became a "horn-head" at that moment.

The price was in the $300 per loudspeaker (in 1960's dollars and out of my price range) but my mind was set. I had about $200 in my savings account and would indeed need to save more.

Everyone agreed that the sound was excellent and the fellow with the silver hair bought a set on the spot. Seeing some very large speakers sitting in the corners of the room, I asked what they were and what did they sound like. They are K-horns and you don't want to listen to them. Why, I ask. Because everything else will pale in comparison. That was enough for everyone in the room to demand an audition. He was right.

I soon learned that one could buy the components of a Heresy for $179 and could build my own box so that was purchased on the spot. Within a short time I also procured the top two thirds of a K-horn which became my left channel with the Heresy as the right. This system worked for me until my move to Arizona in 1971 where the Heresy became a center channel bridge for two K-horns in my media room. While mostly for music, I had a home theater in 1971, but with 16mm projection long before video.

I could go on and on but I'm sure most of you are asleep already so for those hardy soles that are still reading I will give you the current state of the system (what you probably only wanted to hear about anyway).

The left and right front speakers continue to be K-horns. I have yet to hear a better sound, but I could be just so used to it that everything else just sounds different and not satisfying to me. The center consists of an Altec A-500 horn with four 15 inch woofers. Two in Cornwall enclosures and two in cabinets of my own construction. When I basically converted to L-R-C, I found the original bridging Heresy to be totally inadequate for a center channel (basically because of the power of the K-horns). The mid and high horns of the Cornwall's were added to a 12 inch speaker and became the surrounds and two Heresies round out the rear for my 7.0 system. For me, the true base (you feel it in you chest, not hear it) more then makes up for any subwoofer I've experimented with, thus no .1 speaker.

While I'm sure purists will find fault with my tinkering, the sound works for
me and certainly entertains all who stop by.

I would be happy to answer any questions if you can put up with my lengthy answers.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #220
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Ron with a setup like that, I really wish you would upload some pics into your HT gallery so we could all have a look.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers