Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
15 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
23 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
6 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
16 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
13 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Don't Worry Darling (Blu-ray)
$14.96
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #581

Nov 2011
The Granite State

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlinFan View Post
Sold my E660 5.1 set to a friend who was about to go Bose.
You sold your E660's.........

And you now own ___________ ???
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #582

Jul 2010
Queens, NY

Still enjoying my C803's C80cen and C400sur setup. If I move to a bigger place I would love to purchase a pair of C809 towers and move the C803s to surround duty. These Jamo C800 series speakers really are wonderful as long as give them some good clean power.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #583

Dec 2012
Default Jamo S 428 HCS3 & Marantz SR 5007

Hi Guys

Im new to this forum and need some advice on the Jamo S428 Speakers.
I Have a pretty good deal down here in SA for the speakers and AVR.

Previously I ran a Marantz SR 5004 AND B&W 309's Fronts with matching center and ASW 300 B&W SUB 300W.

I have sold my SR5004 AND 309'S and now plan on replacing them. Im not sure the sound of The Jamo's so please advise..

I mainly listen to Stereo 2.1 for music and love detail, clarity and strong vocals. So 60% Stereo & 40% HT
Also listening to music @ moderate to low volumes shouldn't compromise detail - have a baby in the house!

The AVR is specked @ 100w X 7 @ 8ohm and 180W @ 6ohm.

I prefer warm but detailed sound and captivating HT.
Will be using the B&W Center and Sub.

I have seen reviews for the S426 only, is the S428 its bigger brother with the extra woofer meaning better mid range and vocals?

Are the S428's fronts good floorstanders.

Thanks in advance

Nish..
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #584
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nish View Post
Hi Guys

Previously I ran a Marantz SR 5004 AND B&W 309's Fronts with matching center and ASW 300 B&W SUB 300W.

I have sold my SR5004 AND 309'S and now plan on replacing them. Im not sure the sound of The Jamo's so please advise..

I mainly listen to Stereo 2.1 for music and love detail, clarity and strong vocals. So 60% Stereo & 40% HT
Also listening to music @ moderate to low volumes shouldn't compromise detail - have a baby in the house!

The AVR is specked @ 100w X 7 @ 8ohm and 180W @ 6ohm.

I prefer warm but detailed sound and captivating HT.
Will be using the B&W Center and Sub.

I have seen reviews for the S426 only, is the S428 its bigger brother with the extra woofer meaning better mid range and vocals?

Are the S428's fronts good floorstanders.

Thanks in advance

Nish..

Although its not etched in stone, but the general consensus is that your front sound stage should consist of identical speakers. This what they are timber matched. When your front sound stage is timber matched you will get seamless panning from left to right with clear emphasis on dialogue with an even blend of sound effects/ elements from your L/R speakers.

I say its not etched in stone because I have heard some amazing systems that were comprised of speakers from various manufacturers. The key in doing so is EQing them.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #585

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole 46 View Post
You sold your E660's.........

And you now own ___________ ???
LOL. Serves me right for not checking more often.

I went with the Boston Acoustics CS series.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #586

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nish View Post
Hi Guys

Nish..
The Jamo S42x series is an entry level series. Would strongly recommend you audition them if at all possible. Not sure what availability is like where you are at, but see if you can do a compare against the S606s or S608s. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #587

Apr 2013

Hello,

My name is Simon and I come from a small country in Europe - Slovenia )
I have a question concerning the Jamo speakers model D570 is ... I wonder if they caught the Onkyo TX-8050 amplifier? I listen to all the music, Trance and many also. electronic music. How could these guys worked out speakers? I am choosing somewhere between: Jamo D570, Jamo C605 and Triangle Celius 202 ........ For any advice I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Simon
Old 05-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #588
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post
Still enjoying my C803's C80cen and C400sur setup. If I move to a bigger place I would love to purchase a pair of C809 towers and move the C803s to surround duty. These Jamo C800 series speakers really are wonderful as long as give them some good clean power.
I'm still having a real hard time finding a pair of either C-807 or 809's to use as a foundation for my speaker upgrade .

Can you point a man in the right direction ?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #589

Jul 2010
Queens, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
I'm still having a real hard time finding a pair of either C-807 or 809's to use as a foundation for my speaker upgrade .

Can you point a man in the right direction ?
I was able to purchase mine quite easily through Direct Buy a few years ago when my family still had a membership there. I did call Klipsch group around that time to ask about local distributors in the NY area and found a place called Precision Products if I remember correctly. Direct buy had a better price at the time so I went with them.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #590

Sep 2011
Planet Earth

Got me a set of Jamo S 426 HCS 3 speakers at a bargain price and I must say I'm very satisfied. Granted, I doubt it's "audiophile" quality, but the construction is sturdy, there's no vibrations or other parasite sounds you have on cheap speakers in the same price range, and the speakers themself are in reality made by Klipsch.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #591

Jul 2010
Queens, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
Got me a set of Jamo S 426 HCS 3 speakers at a bargain price and I must say I'm very satisfied. Granted, I doubt it's "audiophile" quality, but the construction is sturdy, there's no vibrations or other parasite sounds you have on cheap speakers in the same price range, and the speakers themself are in reality made by Klipsch.
I'm glad you are happy with your setup. I picked out a set of these for my cousin and paired with Klipsch RW-12d sub, his setup sounds great!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #592

Sep 2011
Planet Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post
I'm glad you are happy with your setup. I picked out a set of these for my cousin and paired with Klipsch RW-12d sub, his setup sounds great!
Paired mine with the Pioneer S-21W subwoofer I already owned, works just fine, maybe I'll get a Jamo subwoofer someday for the sake of uniformity, but for now that will do the job

So basically it's this:
http://www.jamo.com/search/?sku=S426HCS3
and
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/4...-21W/page.html

And receiver: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/4...22-K/page.html

All speakers set to small (including the towers), crossover at 100hz.

A nice little system that I use for computer audio and watching movies on the computer with a Toshiba TV.

Last edited by Korrigan; 05-28-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #593
Special Member

Aug 2011
USA

I got the Jamo S606 HCS3 5.0 set with a pair of Jamo surrounds the E8SUR.2 left and right.
I lightly used them and looking to selling the whole 7 speaker set but not sure on what I should price them for. they are in perfect conditions but I no longer have the shipping boxes.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 AM   #594

Aug 2011
Vancouver B.C. Canada
Question Jamo Classic 6

Just got a pair of Jamo Classic 6 but can't find much info on them. Does anyone know anything specs, service or owners manual?

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #595
Special Member

Oct 2012
Northern California

Thought I'd revive this thread with some thoughts on the Series 8 speakers which seem to get some attention on audio forums and blogs for their performance/price point.

Although not their flagship (the sexy Series 9), these speakers have been getting serious street cred after receiving the prestigious EISA best in class Best Buy Home Theater Speaker System for 2018-2019 and high praise from various audio blogs over the years.

Andrew Robinson dedicated a review of them about a year ago, and was thoroughly impressed with their performance, which pushed me to explore the brand and series. I eventually bought a set a few months ago when they went on sale. Adorama had the S-809 towers, S-803 bookshelfs, and S-83 center on sale for the ridiculous price of $400 (they retail around $1400). I've since purchased the matching S-8 ATM elevation speakers and a Klipsch 12" sub to complete the package. After having this system for a while now I've become completely impressed with this package. It delivers in every aspect. The sound is rich and full with clear detail, forceful bass and impressive imaging. I've had other tower speakers (Polk, Infinity) and large floor speakers (JBL) and this set blows those others away in performance. Their design is uniquely wedge shaped with a narrower face, which creates an interesting visual illusion. For some reason, when you toe the speakers inwards, it doesn't seem as awkward looking. Maybe it's just me. Also, the grills are completely magnetic and can be shifted upwards if you opt for the ATM speakers, creating a seamless face. Because the grills are magnetic, there's no surface mounting hardware on the face of the speakers, so if you like the look of bare speakers without screens, it won't distract. They actually look quite impressive without screens, but the tweed fabric looks very nice too.

The other unique feature are the ATM elevation speakers that sit on top of the towers or bookshelf speakers.They have small metal pins on the bottoms that plug into the top of your main speakers. The main speakers have these discrete metal holes on the top to accept the optional ATM speakers. This eliminates ugly wiring running down the back of the speaker and allows connection at the base of the main speaker along with the main posts. The ATM speakers themselves have the same matching tapered, wedge box design as the other speakers so they integrate seamlessly.

I'm curious if anyone else have this speaker system and your reactions/impressions.

Last edited by quickdraw; 07-30-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers