Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
14 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
22 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
4 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
15 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
12 hrs ago
Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.96
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 06-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #41

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Welcome Biggy UK to the Genesis family. I have not heard the 7.2p, but did listen to the 7.1p and came away sufficiently impressed. Wonderful tonal balance and a lot of oomph for their size!

When are they expected to arrive?
They landed on Tuesday and they are drop dead gorgeous!! Walnut baffle with piano laquered American Cherry cabinets. Not heard them at their best yet as I have them sat on 14" high side tables untill my new stands arrive but what I have heard so far is extremely promising, already the ribbon tweeters are showing why they are considered to be the best on the planet, the detail they portray is astonishing!! The system they will be working with is:

Yaqin MC-100b tube amp
YBA GC-10 CD player
Akai GX95 Reference Master Cassette deck
Teac reference 500 tuner
Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable
Tulsa Hurricane interconnects

I am one happy bunny so courier man hurry on up with my stands...

Oh, where are my manners...thank you Johnny Vinyl and Prerich for you warm welcome....

Last edited by Biggy UK; 06-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #42

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy UK View Post
They landed on Tuesday and they are drop dead gorgeous!! Walnut baffle with piano laquered American Cherry cabinets. Not heard them at their best yet as I have them sat on 14" high side tables untill my new stands arrive but what I have heard so far is extremely promising, already the ribbon tweeters are showing why they are considered to be the best on the planet, the detail they portray is astonishing!! The system they will be working with is:

Yaqin MC-100b tube amp
YBA GC-10 CD player
Teac reference 500 tuner

Oh, where are my manners...thank you Johnny Vinyl and Prerich for you warm welcome....

Great to hear they arrived, and safely at that as well. And you're right...that tweeter is simply out of this world when it comes to detail. Hopefully your stands won't be too far out for delivery as we'd love to see some pics and you're impressions when set-up in their final resting place.

Congrats!

PS: Just call me JV......
Old 06-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #43

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Ok, JV it is then...yes, as soon as I have the G7.2`s installed on the stands I will indeed post some pics....
Old 06-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #44

Dec 2007

Quote:

Yaqin MC-100b tube amp
YBA GC-10 CD player
Teac reference 500 tuner

Looking forward to seeing them!!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #45

May 2013
Devonshire UK.
Default G7.2p or not G7.2p!!

It now transpires that my G7.2p monitors may well be G7.1p`s

I am utterley confused to say the least!! The serial numbers on the back of the cabinets start with 71P which i am informed relates to the model being
G7.1p...am I right to assume this fact?

Also, how many versions has there been of this speaker? The 6moons review I read about the Genesis G7.1p showed pictures of the front baffle having 4 holes in it to accommodate the dust cover and no high gloss laquered finish...My G7`s are identical to all the pics I have seen of the
G7.2`s ie: smooth front baffle minus holes, magnetic attach front covers and high gloss finish, Can someone PLEASE tell me what is the difference between the G7.1`s and the G7.2`s and what model were those shown in the 6moons review.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Oh..and to add insult to injury it looks like I have been let down with the stands as well.... How does it go..." If it wasn`t for bad luck I wouldn`t have no luck at all "

Last edited by Biggy UK; 06-10-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #46

Jul 2007

Quote:
It now transpires that my G7.2p monitors may well be G7.1p`s

I am utterley confused to say the least!! The serial numbers on the back of the cabinets start with 71P which i am informed relates to the model being
G7.1p...am I right to assume this fact?

Also, how many versions has there been of this speaker? The 6moons review I read about the Genesis G7.1p showed pictures of the front baffle having 4 holes in it to accommodate the dust cover and no high gloss laquered finish...My G7`s are identical to all the pics I have seen of the
G7.2`s ie: smooth front baffle minus holes, magnetic attach front covers and high gloss finish, Can someone PLEASE tell me what is the difference between the G7.1`s and the G7.2`s and what model were those shown in the 6moons review.

If it turns out they are indeed G7.1`s and not G7.2`s "There will be Blood"

Any info would be much appreciated.

Oh..and to add insult to injury it looks like I have been let down with the stands as well.... How does it go..." If it wasn`t for bad luck I wouldn`t have no luck at all "
It looks from your description that you do in fact have the 7.2p. However, I am confused by the serial # as I would think it should indicate 72p...

Do you have any pics of the front/rear of the speakers? Also, who did you buy them from? Was it an individual or a retailer/dealer?
Old 06-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #47

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Quote:
It looks from your description that you do in fact have the 7.2p. However, I am confused by the serial # as I would think it should indicate 72p...

Do you have any pics of the front/rear of the speakers? Also, who did you buy them from? Was it an individual or a retailer/dealer?
The purchase was a private sale and the guy genuinely believed they were G7.2`s . I can photo the rears tomorrow and post them but they are exactly the same as any picture you will see of the G7.1`s or the G7.2`s

I am of the opinion they must be G7.1`s because of the serial numbers, I`m not overly bothered if they are due to the fact they are exquisit looking and sounding monitors which I am over the moon with. its just the G7.2`s are a lot more expensive so the dude I bought them off owes me but untill I assertain exactly which model they are i cant do anything!

Oh..maybe Mr Koh himself may read this posting and bring some clarification to the proceedings.

Thanks a bunch JV for your input, much appreciated.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #48

Jul 2007

Quote:
The purchase was a private sale and the guy genuinely believed they were G7.2`s . I can photo the rears tomorrow and post them but they are exactly the same as any picture you will see of the G7.1`s or the G7.2`s

I am of the opinion they must be G7.1`s because of the serial numbers, I`m not overly bothered if they are due to the fact they are exquisit looking and sounding monitors which I am over the moon with. its just the G7.2`s are a lot more expensive so the dude I bought them off owes me but untill I assertain exactly which model they are i cant do anything!

Oh..maybe Mr Koh himself may read this posting and bring some clarification to the proceedings.

Thanks a bunch JV for your input, much appreciated.
Let's get the pics up and see FRONT and BACK. Then we'll take it to the next level. I am sure Gary can explain everything and we'll get the bottom of it.

I know that the 7.2 series is a lot more expensive then the 7.1's. So yeah, if he sold them to you on the premise they are 7.2's...he owes you.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #49

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Yeah, no problem, I will sort out pics of front and back and hopefully we can shed some light on the subject but alas JV its five past the witching hour here in blighty and I badly need my beauty sleep so its goodnight and many thanks to all at Blu-ray....
Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #50

Jul 2007

Quote:
Yeah, no problem, I will sort out pics of front and back and hopefully we can shed some light on the subject but alas JV its five past the witching hour here in blighty and I badly need my beauty sleep so its goodnight and many thanks to all at Blu-ray....
Have a good rest and we'll talk soon!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #51

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Hi JV...Here are the photos of the front and rear of the G7p`s as requested...Not brilliant I know but "Hey" my name is Biggy not Bailey...

serial numbers are: 71P07021 & 71P07022 Also I think they were originally purchased from the authorised Genesis Dealership in Ireland...cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-06-10 17.56.27.jpg (68.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-06-10 17.59.18.jpg (87.8 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Biggy UK; 06-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #52

Jul 2007

Quote:
Hi JV...Here are the photos of the front and rear of the G7p`s as requested...Not brilliant I know but "Hey" my name is Biggy not Bailey...

serial numbers are: 71P07021 & 71P07022 Also I think they were originally purchased from the authorised Genesis Dealership in Ireland...cheers
Thanks for that! Now let's get started.

I'm going to write Gary an email and quote your concern based on the Post (#45) you submitted here. Within a day or two we'll have a definitive answer to your concern.

PM me your email as I want to CC you on my email to Gary.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #53
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Rd. and Sugden Ave., Arcam Shire

Guys John, Big UK I hope they are 7.2, that would be sad if they were 7.1 indeed
Old 06-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #54

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Yeah Big AL that would be nice but I dont hold out much hope of them being
7.2`s, but hey.. Lets not take anything away from the 7.1`s they are still a world class monitor which I am proud to be in possession of so either way I am in a win win situation!

Just need to sort some decent stands out for them which is proving to be a harder task than I first thought but I will get there eventually..

I watched a short video on youtube of Gary Koh being interviewed about Genesis speakers and Boy does that guy know what he is talking about!! Everything he said regarding speaker design especially his comment on "working with acoustics, not against them" made absolute sense to me.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #55

Dec 2007

Quote:

Drop dead gourgeous!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #56

Jul 2007

I've sent the email to Gary as he is the only one that can say with absolute certainty what they are. I'm of the opinion they are indeed 7.1's as the finish on mine is identical (except for colour). Gary is on his way home from Asia so it may take a day or so for him to respond.

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 06-11-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #57

Jul 2007

Quote:
I watched a short video on youtube of Gary Koh being interviewed about Genesis speakers and Boy does that guy know what he is talking about!! Everything he said regarding speaker design especially his comment on "working with acoustics, not against them" made absolute sense to me.
The man is an encyclopedia of knowledge on a number of subjects. And he's the most down-to-earth guy you'll ever meet. A real gem!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
The man is an encyclopedia of knowledge on a number of subjects. And he's the most down-to-earth guy you'll ever meet. A real gem!
Though my interaction with Gary was short, I agree and without really knowing me, helped me as if I were a close friend, an exceptional gentleman indeed.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #59

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Many thanks JV for your input on this matter and I am certainly looking forward to Gary`s reply.

The reason I was so impressed with the interview was gary`s sheer enthusiasm, his warmth and humour. The way he explained to the interviewer the basics of speaker design in terms we mortals could understand instead of the usual " blind em with science techno-babble" was refreshing to say the least, I only wished the interview was much longer because I was captivated for the 8 minutes or so and quite easily could have stayed captivated for hours!!

Makes you understand why his designs are held in such esteem the world over. Genesis speakers are not well know here in the UK for some strange reason and I must admit the first I heard about the brand was when I read a review of the G7.1c ( I think that was the model ) in either Hifi choice or Hifi world here in the UK. Well it just goes to show what a strange bunch we Limeys are. ( Its ok, I have an American friend who maintains his favorite hobby is "Brit Bashing" ) You gotta love him!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #60

May 2013
Devonshire UK.

Gary has very kindly emailed me confirming my monitors are indeed G7.1`s and I am happy and contented with this revelation!

He also explained briefly the evolution of the G7p range and how to tell them apart....

My kindest regards go out to Gary and JV for their help in solving my conundrum..

Am I unhappy the speakers are G7.1`s and not G7.2`s? not in the slightest, how I see it I am still the proud owner of some of the best monitors on the planet under $10,000

ps: I now have a lovely pair of Sound Organisation FS104 open frame stands to sit them on. so I can finally photo them and post on here for you to drool over!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers