Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
7 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
8 hrs ago
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Barn (Blu-ray)
$18.47
3 hrs ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 08-20-2022, 03:16 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2008
South Carolina
Default Finally upgrading my home theater speakers/subs after 14 years!

Greetings all! I'm finally ready to upgrade my home theater. I've had the Polk Monitor 70 fronts, C2 center, Insignia surrounds, Polk OWM3 rear surrounds, and a Bic sub off Amazon. I have a Yamaha TSR-700 receiver. Also LGC1 65 inch TV just to paint the full picture.

So that being said, I have been ignorant to upgrades in the home theater game for more than a decade. What I want to replace is the center, fronts, and surrounds. I LOVE my OWM3s so I wanna keep those babies. I also want to replace the one Bic sub with 2 middle to high end subs.

My budget is give or take 2500, and I can go a little higher if I need to. I was looking at higher end Polks or Klipsch offerings for the speakers, and maybe SVS subs.

All that being said, does anyone have any suggestions? Recommend one set over another?
Old 08-20-2022, 03:09 PM   #2
Banned

Apr 2009
-
-
-

If there's nothing audibly wrong with your speakers and they still sound good, then why replace them. I would keep them and save the money.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilapiah6 View Post
Greetings all! I'm finally ready to upgrade my home theater. I've had the Polk Monitor 70 fronts, C2 center, Insignia surrounds, Polk OWM3 rear surrounds, and a Bic sub off Amazon. I have a Yamaha TSR-700 receiver. Also LGC1 65 inch TV just to paint the full picture.

So that being said, I have been ignorant to upgrades in the home theater game for more than a decade. What I want to replace is the center, fronts, and surrounds. I LOVE my OWM3s so I wanna keep those babies. I also want to replace the one Bic sub with 2 middle to high end subs.

My budget is give or take 2500, and I can go a little higher if I need to. I was looking at higher end Polks or Klipsch offerings for the speakers, and maybe SVS subs.

All that being said, does anyone have any suggestions? Recommend one set over another?
Klipsch RP-8000F - $940/pair
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3D2S9R
Klipsch RP-504C - $490
https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RP-50.../dp/B07G3B5W8Y
Klipsch RP-250S Surrounds (Because might as well and still within budget mostly.) - $500/pair
https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RP-25.../dp/B00S4HE1QA
HSU VTF-2 MK5 0 $650
https://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html

The deals on the previous Klipsch RP line are great right now, especially for the RP8000F towers. The HSU is a monster. I have a friend who has it and if you can only do a single sub, go for that one, without question. I personally own the 504C and 250S and love them. The 504C is an incredible center and since 70% of the soundtrack is in the center channel, you want the biggest, most powerful center you can afford. Do not skimp on the center at all.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:17 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA

I would take a look at an external Amp from Emotiva. And a new receiver from Denon or Marantz. See how your current speakers sound after that.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:40 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilapiah6 View Post

If you want to keep your surround speakers then do some research and find out what Polk Audio fronts and center will best match those. That's what you want to get in my opinion.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers