Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Lost Highway (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Howard the Duck (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99
1 hr ago
Videodrome (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Escape from New York (iTunes)
$7.99
1 hr ago
Beauty and the Beast (iTunes)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Frozen (iTunes)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (iTunes)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Brave (iTunes)
$9.99
1 hr ago
The Wolf of Wall Street (iTunes)
$7.99
1 hr ago
Streets of Fire (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Tangled (iTunes)
$9.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 02-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I know it won’t. My question is more will it matter? Once folk see a cheaper all in one charge rather than separate mobile/broadband may they be tempted to cut the tv out and just stream in SD or low bit rate HD in their tablet/phone or even just persevere with SD on their 4K tv? I see that playing out as people seem to have stopped caring about quality.
Anything to drive prices down and speeds up will be a good thing. To the average user they wont care how content is delivered much less about quality. The only people it will truly matter for are users in the IT industry and gamers worried about latency.

It will deliver SD/HD/UHD content the same with the same compression/lossy audio, the average user plainly put does not care hell even I find myself starting to stream out of sheer convenience because I do not want to get up and change disks at times, or its a faster way to get my kids movies/shows on the TV.

You have to remember outside of the US, most lines and frequencies are not owned by the providers as they are here in the USA. They are owned maintained and upgraded by the various governments.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:53 AM   #22

Nov 2009

5g runs on a frequency that destroys DNA. I hope it fails cause the way they want to put high powered attena outside residential home is dangerous.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:37 AM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
N. Texas

Here's a photo of an AT&T 5G pole in the Dallas area.

Old 02-04-2021, 04:50 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

It's been a DUD so far. it was so insanely hyped too
Old 02-04-2021, 12:34 PM   #25
Banned

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyry View Post
to the point it was blamed for spreading Covid-19 lol.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyry View Post
It's just getting started. I think it's one of those things where the short-term impact is overestimated and the long-term impact underestimated.

In my area there is now an ISP that offers Internet access (200 mbps down, 100 mbps up) with a fixed wireless link on the last mile. They don't use 5G standards, but the service is very similar to 5G-based fixed mobile access that e.g. Verizon is introducing in some markets. This is the first time in a decade that there is real competition for Comcast in my area, which now - like magic - has introduced lower-priced deals. Still more expensive than the new ISP though. As soon as my 12-month commitment with Comcast runs out I'll switch. Can't wait to dump the crooks.
Thanks given by:
lgans316 (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 11:19 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Can we actually get working 4G into areas with spotty coverage before we worry about expanding the "next generation" of barely adequate coverage?

Just my 2c.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:14 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Can we actually get working 4G into areas with spotty coverage before we worry about expanding the "next generation" of barely adequate coverage?

Just my 2c.
5G can actually help with that, because it opens up some new frequency bands in the sub 6 GHz range. But the spectrum licensing situation in the US is fairly complicated.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:55 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
N. Texas

T-Mobile in December introduced the market's newest 5G moniker: "Ultra Capacity."

The label will stew alongside "5G Ultra Wideband," "Extended Range 5G," "5G+," "5Ge," "5GTF," "5G Nationwide" and plain-old "5G" in the US wireless industry, ensuring that if American mobile customers aren't confused yet, it's only a matter of time before they're hopelessly bewildered by operators' thesaurus-toting marketing executives.

"One midband Ultra Capacity 5G site can cover tens of thousands of times the area that one Verizon Ultra Wideband 5G site can cover, giving T-Mobile customers the Wi-Fi rivaling 5G speeds in waaaaay more places," boasted T-Mobile in a release that incredibly did not include a glossary.

https://www.lightreading.com/ossbss/...a/d-id/766052?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies