Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RahXephon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

S-CRY-ed: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$51.74
7 hrs ago
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!: The Complete Second Season & OVA (Blu-ray)
$44.60
6 hrs ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37

Knights of Sidonia: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Cutie Honey Universe: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.22
20 hrs ago
Grisaia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 03-29-2021, 11:32 PM   #1021

Jan 2020

man am I glad amazon's return/replace policy is incredible. Just received my bluray of The Final Act and the case is in such bad shape I just laughed. Deep cuts into the plastic like someone stepped on it scraped it over the concrete, and every disc retainer has one or two tabs broken off so all the discs were loose and wont click in place. Replacement is already on the way but wow lol, have never received anything from amazon this suspect. im guessing it was returned already and someone just shipped it back out. really makes me appreciate how well rightstuf packages their stuff, they set the standard for sure.
Thanks given by:
ren23 (04-01-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 01:59 AM   #1022

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by airassault68 View Post
Just a heads up, set 5 on Amazon is down to $27 now. Was $40 when it first posted.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TZBTMGZ
Set 4 is only 27 days past it's release date and it's already down to $21.87 so I think I'll wait a little longer for Set 5 so I can get it even cheaper
Old 04-01-2021, 06:27 PM   #1023

Mar 2020

Quote:
man am I glad amazon's return/replace policy is incredible. Just received my bluray of The Final Act and the case is in such bad shape I just laughed. Deep cuts into the plastic like someone stepped on it scraped it over the concrete, and every disc retainer has one or two tabs broken off so all the discs were loose and wont click in place. Replacement is already on the way but wow lol, have never received anything from amazon this suspect. im guessing it was returned already and someone just shipped it back out. really makes me appreciate how well rightstuf packages their stuff, they set the standard for sure.
I received 4 films together in their bubble mailers and two of the films came cracked. I've had this issue before with amazon, but never as bad as yours. That's terrible. I wish they would ship films in thick cardboard envelopes or in small boxes.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:05 PM   #1024

Jan 2020

Just got the replacement in yesterday and it's in perfect condition. It even has a nice slip cover that the first one was missing lol.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:05 AM   #1025

Feb 2020
Somewhere in Canada

Gave up trying to search a copy of Set 4 at Walmart so I just got it off Amazon instead. Was more expensive but hey, the case isn’t broken and at least I now have a copy
Old 04-03-2021, 12:17 AM   #1026
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerfan View Post
Gave up trying to search a copy of Set 4 at Walmart so I just got it off Amazon instead. Was more expensive but hey, the case isn’t broken and at least I now have a copy
My copy from Amazon didn't have a broken case either but the discs wouldn't stay in place in the case. These Viva Elite cases are trash now.
Thanks given by:
Tylerfan (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 01:54 AM   #1027
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

VIVA Elite cases have been trash for the last 4 or so years. The plastic is now way too thin, this is also why their 3+ disc Blu-ray cases and 4+ disc DVD cases now often struggle to hold the discs, the arrows often arrive smashed in. You have to use a freaking DS stylus to push the arrows back up in order for the hubs to remotely do their job anymore. Can't tell you how many trays I had to use a DS stylus on or replace by harvesting them from old eco-cases or broken cases.
Thanks given by:
Tylerfan (04-03-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 12:04 AM   #1028

Nov 2014
Illinois

Quote:
Just got the replacement in yesterday and it's in perfect condition. It even has a nice slip cover that the first one was missing lol.
Same thing just happened to me. My first copy arrived damaged, and the replacement copy came in perfect condition, shrink-wrapped with the slipcover (no slip with the first copy).
Old 05-10-2021, 12:49 AM   #1029

Mar 2020

With set 5 coming out in about a week, I wonder when they will announce the final set. I'm interested to see who they put on the cover or if it will just be all the characters together.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:12 AM   #1030
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren23 View Post
With set 5 coming out in about a week, I wonder when they will announce the final set. I'm interested to see who they put on the cover or if it will just be all the characters together.
I'm guessing Set 6 will release in August. Viz likes those 3 month gaps between sets. By then we'll have some promotion for Yashahime Season 2 and I'm sure they'll wanna tie the final Blu-ray set into that.
Thanks given by:
ren23 (05-10-2021), TravisTylerBlack (05-11-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #1031
Power Member

Sep 2011
Ontario, Canada

Hmmm, the delivery estimate for my amazon.ca pre-order for my Inuyasha set 5 was just pushed back to late June, early July... I wonder if that's purely a Canadian distribution delay...
Old 05-14-2021, 06:51 PM   #1032

Feb 2020
Somewhere in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatic33 View Post
Hmmm, the delivery estimate for my amazon.ca pre-order for my Inuyasha set 5 was just pushed back to late June, early July... I wonder if that's purely a Canadian distribution delay...
I bemoaned the same thing in the Anime in the Mail thread. Girls with Guns responded with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Most anime pre-orders open up for releases that are 3 to 6 months out, so even at the later date of 7/15 that's only two months.
Granted, I don't want to wait till July to get Set 5, but still, here's hoping sooner than later.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #1033
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. I'm in the US though.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 02:59 AM   #1034

Mar 2011

Quote:
Same. But Amazon.can rarely, if ever, gets stock of anything (not just Anime) on release date. I honestly can’t remember the last time a preorder from Amazon.ca arrived anywhere near the date of release..
Old 05-16-2021, 03:01 AM   #1035

Nov 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by veela1990 View Post
Same. But Amazon.can rarely, if ever, gets stock of anything (not just Anime) on release date. I honestly can’t remember the last time a preorder from Amazon.ca arrived anywhere near the date of release..
Really? I'm in Canada and my orders almost alwasy arrive right on cue. I am using Prime though so maybe that's the difference?
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #1036

Apr 2020

I'm in the US and I just got a shipping notification for set 5. It should be here later today.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #1037
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaFaraqGatri View Post
I'm in the US and I just got a shipping notification for set 5. It should be here later today.
Mine shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #1038

Feb 2020
Somewhere in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Mine shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow.
When you get your copy, can you confirm if all the advertised extras (the commentary and “We Love Inuyasha” interviews) are included?
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #1039
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerfan View Post
When you get your copy, can you confirm if all the advertised extras (the commentary and “We Love Inuyasha” interviews) are included?
Yeah of course. I typically check out the special features first, so I'll let you know sometime tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
sagadego (Today), Tylerfan (Today)
Old Today, 05:25 PM   #1040

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechateau View Post
Really? I'm in Canada and my orders almost alwasy arrive right on cue. I am using Prime though so maybe that's the difference?
I have Prime as well, but preorders never seem to be in stock on the day of release. I see that set 5 is not in stock, with no date listed either. I ended up ordering from BestBuy.ca and paid the same price as my Amazon preorder. Should be arriving on Thursday.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime