Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$14.98
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.61
 
Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93
 
Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$89.99
 
Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle - Part One (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.33
 
Promare (Blu-ray)
$12.96
1 day ago
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.69
 
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.45
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2021, 05:58 PM   #8021
me_nnoccent me_nnoccent is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Yup!

Dragon Ball: Movies 1-4 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Ges...dp/B085JZZF7Z/

Dragon Ball Z: Movies 1-4 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-M...dp/B088VWQB15/
Dragon Ball Z: Movies 5-8 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-M...dp/B08BDWYKHD/
Dragon Ball Z: Movies 9-13 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-M...dp/B08LJSJM8N/

Dragon Ball Z & GT: TV Specials @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-G...dp/B08N3NBNT3/

Reportedly, the movies were remastered by TOEI, but the TV Specials' boxset? No idea. The GT Special definitely needs a remaster because even the one on the Dragon Box GT didn't look that good. :-/

I'm sure hoping FUNimation or Madman license the TOEI DB/Z Movie remasters as I'd love to watch them.
Are these the same remaster as the Japan TOEI with censorship? Was thinking about getting these but if its the same as the TOEI release than its a no no.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:03 PM   #8022
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_nnoccent View Post
Are these the same remaster as the Japan TOEI with censorship? Was thinking about getting these but if its the same as the TOEI release than its a no no.
All I've read is that they're the TOEI remasters, nothing else. There is a German member on here who has them, I think, but I don't remember his username anymore.

Strange no one talks about the German Blu-rays considering they're the only Western release which uses the TOEI source.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #8023
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
134
381
55
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffOliver View Post
I actually still havenít watched much of Super. I definitely will, but it just doesnít seem to interest me. The plot seems more silly and childish than DBZ (which I always liked for its dramatic story), and it just seems bland overall. I also donít care for Beerus or Whis.
Apparently Mastered Ultra Instinct and Super Saiyan Blue 2 are both things, hopefully things we'll see in the next arc of the Super anime. Whenever it returns, that is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:13 AM   #8024
friendsofmine friendsofmine is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2021
Default

Why are we rating these disgusting steelbooks 4/5?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:20 AM   #8025
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
15
Default

Is it that time of the week again?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (04-28-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 03:42 AM   #8026
friendsofmine friendsofmine is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Yup!

Dragon Ball: Movies 1-4 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Ges...dp/B085JZZF7Z/

Dragon Ball Z: Movies 1-4 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-M...dp/B088VWQB15/
Dragon Ball Z: Movies 5-8 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-M...dp/B08BDWYKHD/
Dragon Ball Z: Movies 9-13 @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-M...dp/B08LJSJM8N/

Dragon Ball Z & GT: TV Specials @ https://www.amazon.de/Dragonball-Z-G...dp/B08N3NBNT3/

Reportedly, the movies were remastered by TOEI, but the TV Specials' boxset? No idea. The GT Special definitely needs a remaster because even the one on the Dragon Box GT didn't look that good. :-/

I'm sure hoping FUNimation or Madman license the TOEI DB/Z Movie remasters as I'd love to watch them.
These are the brand NEW remasters I've heard so much about are actually on disc??
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:30 AM   #8027
Roonan Roonan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Roonan's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
It looks like this set has already been released. If anyone has any info on the transfer, please let me know.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 07:04 PM   #8028
batman2000 batman2000 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2006
Default

Whatís the latest on the dragon ball French blu ray release coming from ab?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #8029
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Been meaning to share screenshots of the Double Features from the Spanish Blu-ray release which contains Japanese credits. And in Latin America, the Mexican Blu-rays had Spanish text (makes sense, but Japanese is preferable).

[Show spoiler]














No point for anyone to buy the DFs anymore (either too dark or too bright depending on the shot and the TOEI remasters look far superior).

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
Whatís the latest on the dragon ball French blu ray release coming from ab?
AB (Groupe) no longer exists, now they're known as Mediawan, but I just checked Amazon France and there's nothing about DB/Z TOEI BDs.

Someone on elsewhere has verified that the German Kazť Blu-ray release of the DBZ TV Specials are the TOEI remasters, so that's awesome. Unfortunately, the GT Special included looks pretty, pretty terrible.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Harvey Plissken (04-26-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 07:36 PM   #8030
batman2000 batman2000 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Been meaning to share screenshots of the Double Features from the Spanish Blu-ray release which contains Japanese credits. And in Latin America, the Mexican Blu-rays had Spanish text (makes sense, but Japanese is preferable).

[Show spoiler]














No point for anyone to buy the DFs anymore (either too dark or too bright depending on the shot and the TOEI remasters look far superior).



AB (Groupe) no longer exists, now they're known as Mediawan, but I just checked Amazon France and there's nothing about DB/Z TOEI BDs.

Someone on elsewhere has verified that the German Kazť Blu-ray release of the DBZ TV Specials are the TOEI remasters, so that's awesome. Unfortunately, the GT Special included looks pretty, pretty terrible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...master_coming/

This is what I was taking about the original dragon ball series not the movies the series this was where it was announced itís the image in the link.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:36 AM   #8031
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...master_coming/

This is what I was taking about the original dragon ball series not the movies the series this was where it was announced itís the image in the link.
Oh, I remember seeing that. I've not seen any updates about that.

And to correct myself, AB still exists in name ó AB Vidťo. They remastered DBZ Movies 7-11 in 4:3 OAR for the Warner Home Vidťo France release.



DBZ TV Specials 1-2 were remastered too, but kind of irrelevant (since TOEI has made a HD Remaster).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:53 AM   #8032
gloomranger gloomranger is online now
Power Member
 
gloomranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.
37
496
84
6
Default

*off topic

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-at-89/.172211

Quote:
Dragon Ball, Kamen Rider, Doraemon Composer Shunsuke Kikuchi Passes Away at 89
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #8033
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomranger View Post
Not Mr. Kikuchi Shunsuke. I loved his music and will always do, it's thanks to him just how legendary the soundtrack of Dragon Ball / Z series and movies were, especially Dragon Ball Z.

He composed scores for a ton of Japanese film and series although his best works were, in my opinion, for Dragon Ball Z (whereas Doraemon, Kiteretsu and Ninja Hattori for example sounded repetitive due to using the same BGMs).

Sad news that is. I'll just leave this song from Kill Bill which Mr. Shunsuke composed:


Rest in peace, legendary composer.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Harvey Plissken (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 03:20 PM   #8034
CuppaKofe CuppaKofe is offline
Member
 
CuppaKofe's Avatar
 
Oct 2020
Canada
2
287
126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomranger View Post
RIP To a legend. Really glad he's recently gotten a lot of recognition from the western fanbase, his music is the heart and soul of the anime series. Dragon Ball just isn't the same without a Kikuchi score. 😔
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:50 PM   #8035
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaKofe View Post
RIP To a legend. Really glad he's recently gotten a lot of recognition from the western fanbase, his music is the heart and soul of the anime series. Dragon Ball just isn't the same without a Kikuchi score. 😔
Tokunaga Akihito's GT score has a Kikuchi Shunsuke feel to it so there was something of a successor in a way.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Harvey Plissken (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #8036
CuppaKofe CuppaKofe is offline
Member
 
CuppaKofe's Avatar
 
Oct 2020
Canada
2
287
126
Default

I got chills from this one. Such an iconic score.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Harvey Plissken (04-28-2021), nagpo (04-28-2021), ps3bd_owner (04-28-2021), SmittysGelato (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #8037
SmittysGelato SmittysGelato is offline
Senior Member
 
SmittysGelato's Avatar
 
May 2020
Canada
27
412
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomranger View Post
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:56 PM   #8038
Steven11788 Steven11788 is offline
Expert Member
 
Steven11788's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
154
1039
80
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaKofe View Post
I got chills from this one. Such an iconic score.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HxAU9w7ZDxY
was one of my favorites too
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CuppaKofe (04-30-2021), ps3bd_owner (04-29-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 05:34 AM   #8039
me_nnoccent me_nnoccent is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonan View Post
It looks like this set has already been released. If anyone has any info on the transfer, please let me know.
PQ for German release are sames TOEI remasters with censorships. All 13 films are cropped 16:9.

The TV special box contains the newly TOEI remasters The History of Trunks and Bardock - The Father of Goku are in their original 4:3 aspect ratios remastered by TOEI. These are the only two films that to ever existed bluray with their original 4:3 aspect ratio.

However, its a bummer that the GT Special movie is not remastered. its a upscale.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:37 AM   #8040
PegasusKenshiro PegasusKenshiro is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2017
33
932
120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_nnoccent View Post
PQ for German release are sames TOEI remasters with censorships. All 13 films are cropped 16:9.

The TV special box contains the newly TOEI remasters The History of Trunks and Bardock - The Father of Goku are in their original 4:3 aspect ratios remastered by TOEI. These are the only two films that to ever existed bluray with their original 4:3 aspect ration remastered by TOEI.

However, its a bummer that the GT Special movie is not remastered. its a upscale.
Technically not cropped, they were made for theaters. 16:9 is proper aspect ratio
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (04-30-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Dragon Ball Z Season 1-9 in Blu-ray!! Wish Lists tabikakasun 21 07-03-2020 02:41 AM
Dragon ball kai blu-ray Asia Luka 24 05-23-2011 04:52 PM
Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray??? Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology JBowen 2 12-22-2007 08:20 PM
Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray Blu-ray Movies - North America DealsR4theDevil 11 10-23-2007 08:23 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 AM.