Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Lost Highway (iTunes)
$4.99
45 min ago
Howard the Duck (iTunes)
$4.99
45 min ago
Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99
45 min ago
Videodrome (iTunes)
$4.99
45 min ago
Escape from New York (iTunes)
$7.99
45 min ago
Beauty and the Beast (iTunes)
$9.99
45 min ago
Frozen (iTunes)
$9.99
45 min ago
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (iTunes)
$9.99
45 min ago
Brave (iTunes)
$9.99
45 min ago
The Wolf of Wall Street (iTunes)
$7.99
45 min ago
Streets of Fire (iTunes)
$4.99
45 min ago
Tangled (iTunes)
$9.99
45 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 04-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #1361
Banned

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom

MoviesAnywhere and iTunes for me for 4K HDR films Rest don't match these in quality.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:17 PM   #1362

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post
MoviesAnywhere and iTunes for me for 4K HDR films Rest don't match these in quality.
What about the Imax Enhanced versions of movies on FandangoNow or are they also awful compared to MA & iTunes too O_o
Old 04-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #1363
Banned

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADayToRemember View Post
What about the Imax Enhanced versions of movies on FandangoNow or are they also awful compared to MA & iTunes too O_o
No idea I am afraid. I heard its very good but FangandoNow bit rates are low based on my 1 week of trying it.

You can get them via Bravia Core on the 2021 OLEDs at higher bit rates but once again longevity of these services is not guaranted.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #1364
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesfan129 View Post
Hi all! I am wondering if anyone here has decided to permanently stake a collection on a service like Vudu or iTunes. The thing I like about Vudu is that there is no storage space needed unlike with a disc. The movie will never get scratched and become unplayable. I don't have to go dig it out of a binder and turn my Blu-ray player on to watch it. And I find the quality to be "acceptable" to the point where I really can't tell the difference unless I'm close to my TV. I like that Vudu supports HDR10 so I can watch UHD streams on my TV with HDR. Do you think Vudu is worth investing my money into going forward or should I stick with discs? I typically only buy HDX or regular Blu-ray discs, don't care too much about 4K. Thanks!
This is what I've done - although keep in mind that all media has an expiration date (physical media can get damaged or be eclipsed by superior format like DVD over VHS). I don't think anything will last forever; but I would think Streaming is still early enough on and likely to become a primary format in the future (albet likely more subscription based that sales).
Old 04-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #1365
Special Member

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.

Primarily iTunes for me because I have an Apple TV and iPhone, so I'm already committed to that ecosystem. Secondary is Movies Anywhere and I have some Vudu-only purchases...though I will caution what Vudu does. I've discovered several titles where they were 4:3 ratio and their HDX was simply upconverted SD (Hondo, The Tomb of Ligeia) regardless of what is stated on their Blu-ray.com page. I've also seen inferior copies of films/TV shows compared to "other" providers which I later discovered were due to syndication TV copies and not provided by studios.....beware of ANY Vudu "exclusive" titles for this reason.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #1366
Special Member

Oct 2007
The state of confusion

To answer the question from a different perspective I primarily use vudu because I like their ecosystem better than itunes, it's easier to use and navigate, and I like their sales and $2 conversions better. I have 180 tv shows and 2,500 movies in vudu. I can't remember the last time I popped a blu-ray into my xbox.
Thanks given by:
PeterTHX (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #1367
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2012

I think Day of the Locust is the only thing I have on Fandango not available on VUDU, hope that gets transferred. There are some films which were UV on Fandango and never UV on VUDU but on the service (like Some Like It Hot) which I assume should transfer now.

So other than potentially one title, not a huge loss, but itís sucks if another storefront (I would often use the $5 codes from Fandango for 4 theater tickets, which worked with A List screenings too, to get $5 sale titles on FandangoNow for free) and app shuts down. In general all the digital instability as made me only feel safe about getting something digitally now if itís a MA title.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:11 PM   #1368
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

I've said it before, but I only have two titles in FandangoNow that I don't have in VUDU.

A free HD copy of a documentary about Van Gogh (I think), and a free 4K copy of "Sharknado". I've never seen "Sharknado", and I may never see it, but if I LOSE "Sharknado" in 4K during the transition, I will complain to the world ends.

I lost HD rights to "Dark City: Director's Cut" due to the VUDU SD copy in my Movies Anywhere account overwriting my HD UV copy in FandangoNow.

I had multiple titles that ported in FandangoNow from UV that were removed from my UV account, but stayed in my FandangoNow account, but after UV shut down, I reconnected my Movies Anywhere account to my FandangoNow account, and they all got deleted.

So, basically "Sharknado" is the only potential issue for me these days.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #1369
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
I've said it before, but I only have two titles in FandangoNow that I don't have in VUDU.

A free HD copy of a documentary about Van Gogh (I think), and a free 4K copy of "Sharknado". I've never seen "Sharknado", and I may never see it, but if I LOSE "Sharknado" in 4K during the transition, I will complain to the world ends.

So, basically "Sharknado" is the only potential issue for me these days.
I just looked, and apparently I have Sharknado 4K in my FandangoNOW account too. I never realized.

Do you remember the name of the Van Gogh doc? I'd love to watch it, and I hope I have it (even if it's "stuck" in FNOW).
Old 04-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #1370
Power Member

Sep 2012

I'm curious to see what will happen to the WB upgrades we got in Vudu, will they stay 4K or go back to HD?
Old 04-06-2021, 07:23 PM   #1371

Nov 2008
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
I just looked, and apparently I have Sharknado 4K in my FandangoNOW account too. I never realized.

Do you remember the name of the Van Gogh doc? I'd love to watch it, and I hope I have it (even if it's "stuck" in FNOW).
Not sure if he means Loving Vincent (the animated biography), though there's a doc called Loving Vincent, I believe only the animated movie was the freebie because I own it, too. I also have the 4K of Sharknado and an HD of The Lovers (2017, a24) which must have been a freebie, I guess?
Thanks given by:
Alan Gordon (04-06-2021), DaBargainHunta (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #1372
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WlknDisaster View Post
Not sure if he means Loving Vincent (the animated biography), though there's a doc called Loving Vincent, I believe only the animated movie was the freebie because I own it, too. I also have the 4K of Sharknado and an HD of The Lovers (2017, a24) which must have been a freebie, I guess?
Correct. "Loving Vincent" is the title. They offered the HD version of it for free some time ago. I would've preferred the 4K version, but I got it anyway.
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 07:31 PM   #1373
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Damn... I don't have any version of Loving Vincent on FandangoNOW.

I do have the Blu-ray though, still unopened, because it was apparently a problematic transfer. Wish I had returned it. (The movie itself seems awesome!)

Apparently, there were two subsequent Blu-ray releases. WTF?
Old 04-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #1374
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2012

I have the Sharknado freebie also. But again, I’m not too concerned about that, as I’m pretty sure it will port (along with a couple others I only have in Fandango that are also on VUDU, one is the Jon Stewart comedy Irresistible which I assumed would be MA and later became one, though because I bought it before it got those rights it never ported before- but should now I would guess), only for that one movie which isn’t on VUDU at all as far as I can tell.

Never got the Loving Vincent freebie (must not have heard about the offer) but did see the movie in theaters and it’s a really interesting film.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:36 PM   #1375
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

I also got a free copy of Sharknado, but I've never watched it. I would like to see my copies of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and The Florida Project transfer to Vudu. I had bought them in UHD in hopes that they would transfer to my Vudu account through UV, only to find out afterward that just the HD versions were UV and not the UHD versions.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:38 PM   #1376
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
I also got a free copy of Sharknado, but I've never watched it. I would like to see my copies of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and The Florida Project transfer to Vudu. I had bought them in UHD in hopes that they would transfer to my Vudu account through UV, only to find out afterward that just the HD versions were UV and not the UHD versions.
Florida Project is I think another one that I only have on Fandango. Believe I got on a cheap 4K sale and didnít transfer at all, but again hopefully will now (ideally in 4K too).
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #1377
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

In my opinion, VUDU at one time was the best looking streaming service, but lately I've found them to look slightly poorer than others and sound WAY worse. Movies Anywhere looks much better and Amazon looks and sounds way better. I've heard Apple/iTunes is the gold standard, but I don't currently own an Apple TV.

I hope with this merger they focus on improving their quality, especially sound.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #1378
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-2187 View Post
In my opinion, VUDU at one time was the best looking streaming service, but lately I've found them to look slightly poorer than others and sound WAY worse. Movies Anywhere looks much better and Amazon looks and sounds way better. I've heard Apple/iTunes is the gold standard, but I don't currently own an Apple TV.

I hope with this merger they focus on improving their quality, especially sound.
iTunes and Movies anywhere are about the same bit rate, however iTunes supports both HDR10/DV, Movies anywhere is HDR10 only.

Fandago ownership
NBCUniversal aka Comcast (70%)
WarnerMedia aka At&T (30%)

Don't expect improving their quality of audio supported any time soon.
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #1379
Special Member

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
iTunes and Movies anywhere are about the same bit rate, however iTunes supports both HDR10/DV, Movies anywhere is HDR10 only.

Fandago ownership
NBCUniversal aka Comcast (70%)
WarnerMedia aka At&T (30%)

Don't expect improving their quality of audio supported any time soon.
Movies Anywhere supports Dolby Vision as well.

MA video quality is better than iTunes. Unfortunately, sound quality is better on iTunes. It's a give and take situation.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies