Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Glass (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Jurassic Park (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Do the Right Thing (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Kingsman: The Secret Service (iTunes)
$4.99
 
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99
 
The Hateful Eight (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Die Hard with a Vengeance (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Kingsman 2 Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.98
 
Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (iTunes)
$7.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Chris60119 Chris60119 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Chris60119's Avatar
 
May 2008
Savannah GA
804
35
Default Greenland digital code on Vudu?

Vudu doesn't seem to want to find Greenland when I try and search for it to enter my digital code. Anyone else having this problem? I've always hated Vudu's search.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Power Member
 
kannibaliztik's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
62
117
26
206
Default

its an itunes only code. all STX studio films are itunes only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
Chris60119 Chris60119 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Chris60119's Avatar
 
May 2008
Savannah GA
804
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibaliztik View Post
its an itunes only code. all STX studio films are itunes only.
That sucks...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #4
slaizer2000 slaizer2000 is offline
Expert Member
 
Mar 2007
Rochester NY
67
1117
11
Default

things i've tried in past with codes. May not work but worth a try?

Redeem vudu code (vs digital copy, no search needed, greenland is on vudu to buy so maybe this will help?))
https://www.vudu.com/content/redeem.html?pn=generic

greenland is also listed on the universal website. So maybe can try to redeem there?
https://www.universalredeem.com/

Fandango now has greenland as well so may redeem there?
https://www.fandangonow.com/redeem

Can't really test it myself as I'm still debating on getting the bluray or going digital purchase due to 4K. Although I have heard the comment about STX before which turned out to be true with another movie. Another thing to consider is it isn't available on Movies Anywhere. so redeeming on one of those sites may cause linkage problems since MA links alot of those services together.

Last edited by slaizer2000; 03-03-2021 at 02:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #5
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Power Member
 
kannibaliztik's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
62
117
26
206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaizer2000 View Post
things i've tried in past with codes. May not work but worth a try?

Redeem vudu code (vs digital copy, no search needed, greenland is on vudu to buy so maybe this will help?))
https://www.vudu.com/content/redeem.html?pn=generic

greenland is also listed on the universal website. So maybe can try to redeem there?
https://www.universalredeem.com/

Fandango now has greenland as well so may redeem there?
https://www.fandangonow.com/redeem

Can't really test it myself as I'm still debating on getting the bluray or going digital purchase due to 4K. Although I have heard the comment about STX before which turned out to be true with another movie. Another thing to consider is it isn't available on Movies Anywhere. so redeeming on one of those sites may cause linkage problems since MA links alot of those services together.

code is for itunes only. will not work on any other site.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #6
JMDiaz718 JMDiaz718 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JMDiaz718's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
DC Metro Area
1
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
Default

I redeemed the code on iTunes. iTunes is linked to my MA and Vudu accounts. Greenland refuses to show on my Vudu account. I don’t think MA even has it in their catalog.

So for now, I’ll just use the actual disc. It sucks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #7
Greyman Greyman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
I redeemed the code on iTunes. iTunes is linked to my MA and Vudu accounts. Greenland refuses to show on my Vudu account. I donít think MA even has it in their catalog.

So for now, Iíll just use the actual disc. It sucks.
Greenland is not an MA title.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
coloncatastrophe (04-09-2021), crackedknee (03-14-2021), tjritter79 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #8
TheRealDoubleD TheRealDoubleD is offline
Member
 
TheRealDoubleD's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Georgia
3
240
26
1050
Default

If I buy the bluray from WM, does it come with an instawatch copy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:06 PM   #9
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
156
3
791
964
911
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
I redeemed the code on iTunes. iTunes is linked to my MA and Vudu accounts. Greenland refuses to show on my Vudu account. I don’t think MA even has it in their catalog.

So for now, I’ll just use the actual disc. It sucks.
Greenland is an STX production, not eligible for MA.
Also, since it ONLY redeems on iTunes/Apple TV app, it's not Instawatch eligible either.
I could be wrong, but as I recall only "Vudu" eligible movies can be Instawatch eligible.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on that!

Last edited by tjritter79; 03-28-2021 at 11:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:44 AM   #10
Greyman Greyman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDoubleD View Post
If I buy the bluray from WM, does it come with an instawatch copy?
Walmart stopped adding new titles to Instawatch last Summer. Prior titles that were IW may still work maybe.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (03-29-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 08:54 PM   #11
JMDiaz718 JMDiaz718 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JMDiaz718's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
DC Metro Area
1
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
Greenland is an STX production, not eligible for MA.
Also, since it ONLY redeems on iTunes/Apple TV app, it's not Instawatch eligible either.
I could be wrong, but as I recall only "Vudu" eligible movies can be Instawatch eligible.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on that!
I believe youíre correct. I have all of my accounts linked, but as I already knew it was not on MA, I know Vudu has it. But I guess Apple is not allowing Vudu to link up. Sorry, I donít know all of the terms.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #12
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
156
3
791
964
911
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
I believe youíre correct. I have all of my accounts linked, but as I already knew it was not on MA, I know Vudu has it. But I guess Apple is not allowing Vudu to link up. Sorry, I donít know all of the terms.
Well even if Apple/Vudu ARE linked, the ONLY titles that would "cross-over" are MA titles (unless they were older/previously UV titles). Non-MA is NOT going to cross-over from iTunes to Vudu.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JMDiaz718 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 09:29 PM   #13
Greyman Greyman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
I believe youíre correct. I have all of my accounts linked, but as I already knew it was not on MA, I know Vudu has it. But I guess Apple is not allowing Vudu to link up. Sorry, I donít know all of the terms.
Itís not Apple or Vudu not allowing the ďlink upĒ it is the movie studio or distributor not being part of MA that prevents the transfer.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
crackedknee (04-09-2021), tjritter79 (04-09-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 AM.