Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 80th Anniversary Collection (iTunes)
$39.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Avengers: Endgame (iTunes)
$7.99

Guardians of the Galaxy (iTunes)
$7.99
1 day ago
Iron Man (iTunes)
$7.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection (iTunes)
$69.99

Doctor Strange (iTunes)
$7.99

Iron Man 2 (iTunes)
$7.99

Iron Man 3 (iTunes)
$7.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99

Thor (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-17-2021, 08:31 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara808 View Post
Gee where the hell was I when this was going on. I was able to sell off half of my 300+ HD Dvd collection
I mean, it's possible to find someone who will want them. But at the time I listed them for a dollar each with no takers. And for BB to accept them for $5 store trade-in, each, really helped towards building a catalog blu collection. The promotion was really nice, though I never once saw anyone else in the store utilizing it and I went every day it was going on.The local F.Y.E. stores at the time also would not accept hd dvds, so without that promotion it would have been tough to find any takers. Would have loved for them to bring it back to promote uhd, but I realize it's probably tough given blu, dvd and streaming are all still very popular formats and moreso than uhd.

Converesly, about a decade ago I listed a lot of rare horror vhs for like five bucks each with minimal interest. Now some of them are going for over $50, some over $100. But I'm not sure if hd dvd would ever get this kind of nostalgia given it was very short-lived and most of the titles have since been released on blu or even uhd by now. Plus, the format has had a decent amount of rotted discs.

Last edited by meremortal; 03-17-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:40 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region_unlocked View Post
Oh the 360 drive can be hooked up to a computer? Neat.
I still use my 360 HD DVD Player on my PC as it has two USB ports, and can rip discs from three generations (CD, DVD, HD DVD). I find readers like this more reliable than slim ones since one of slim readers scratched a disc of mine and with a fat disc reader like 360 that wouldn't have happened.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:57 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
I mean, it's possible to find someone who will want them. But at the time I listed them for a dollar each with no takers. And for BB to accept them for $5 store trade-in, each, really helped towards building a catalog blu collection. The promotion was really nice, though I never once saw anyone else in the store utilizing it and I went every day it was going on.The local F.Y.E. stores at the time also would not accept hd dvds, so without that promotion it would have been tough to find any takers. Would have loved for them to bring it back to promote uhd, but I realize it's probably tough given blu, dvd and streaming are all still very popular formats and moreso than uhd.
I just remembered that Warner also had a "red to blue" promotion where they'd let you trade in HD-DVDs for the BD versions for a few bucks. Took advantage of that for some of my favorites.
Thanks given by:
meremortal (03-17-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 03:36 PM   #24
Power Member

Dec 2015
Canada

There's been an odd HD-DVD release I've wanted over the years (Smallville Season 5 comes to mind) but thankfully there's not a lot of stuff that hasn't come to Blu-ray or is higher quality. I have a drive so that I can back them up digitally, but I've just never got around to getting serious about it, and whenever I take a look the prices haven't been favorable.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:08 PM   #25

Jan 2013

I have tons of HD-DVD's. I've been meaning to see if you can use them to use Vudu's D2D program with. Does it work?

I am pretty bummed that the studios don't maintain a program to send them in for bluray's.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:12 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
I have tons of HD-DVD's. I've been meaning to see if you can use them to use Vudu's D2D program with. Does it work?

I am pretty bummed that the studios don't maintain a program to send them in for bluray's.
Why would they do that?
Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #27

Nov 2017
Nott'm, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
Jeez... It was all over for the HD DVD format more than a decade ago!!!!

Get yourself an old Xbox 360 HD DVD drive unit and back up the discs using MakeMKV GUI...
Old 04-10-2021, 01:14 PM   #28
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon K View Post
There's been an odd HD-DVD release I've wanted over the years (Smallville Season 5 comes to mind) but thankfully there's not a lot of stuff that hasn't come to Blu-ray or is higher quality. I have a drive so that I can back them up digitally, but I've just never got around to getting serious about it, and whenever I take a look the prices haven't been favorable.
There is no need to backup HD-DVD movies because the majority of them are available on Blu-ray, and have the digital copy included.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies