Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$15.49
3 hrs ago
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$14.98
5 hrs ago
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Hard Core Logo/Hard Core Logo 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.26

The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$73.11

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 04-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #41
Expert Member

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Guy Eddie View Post
Which is a genius marketing plan on their part. Every Tuesday there are new releases........AKA a reason to actually walk through the doors. How often do you need a new refrigerator or washer & dryer? That's stuff that I'd never buy at BB anyway, that's what Lowe's or Home Depot are for.
They don't need people to go in to look at movies to buy other stuff from them.
You are not the customer they are looking for.

They will survive without you.

You don't care about them. They don't care about you.
Thanks given by:
50strat54 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 09:27 PM   #42
Expert Member

Apr 2008
Pacific NW

Not hoping to jinx anything but I have a complete MCU, Disney Pixar, few other Disney's and a bunch of other Only at Best Buy steelbooks that I've ordered over the years from Zavvi (3D) or Best Buy with the majority being shipped. Only had one (Bond Spectre Blu-ray steelbook) that was delivered looking like someone had stomped on it. Otherwise, no problems with shipping or in store pick up. Recently had to wait for an extra two weeks even though I pre-ordered the Godzilla 4K steelbook but that also arrived by mail in perfect condition.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:13 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

I don't spend $34.99 on 4K steelbooks either. Even when nothing goes wrong it causes way more grief and buyer's remorse than it should. I pretty much stick to a $19.99 and under price point for singular movies unless something is truly special or a limited edition.

It's not hard to justify spending a 20-spot on a 4K movie with pristine packaging that you want to own really badly.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:28 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Also I will say that these two are the most satisfying purchases that I've made in 2021.

Do you know why? Because they cost less than $19.99 and I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off. It felt great. Just like ordering the Mortal Kombat reg BD steelbook last week.

I can buy these steelbooks for ~$18 apiece and they have some sweet alternative art. That's exactly what buying steelbooks was all about back around 2011 during their prime; which is, not gouging obsessive collectors but rewarding them for being day1 supporters. Thanks Lionsgate.
Thanks given by:
borush1115 (04-13-2021), qwertyuio (05-03-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 01:07 AM   #45

May 2020
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Dude if you buy a steenbok online and it arrives damaged, you really have no right to complain. The word has been out for a long time now. You buy a steenbok online and thereís about a 50-60% chance that it gets damaged.

If you choose to order one anyway and it comes all busted up, you can be frustrated, but you knew full well what the risk was and you did it anyway.

Sorry...but thatís real talk.
I wish there was a thumbs down button on this forum.

Thanks given by:
C.C. 95 (04-12-2021), EricDra7en (04-12-2021), Ishai (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 02:15 AM   #46
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo954 View Post
I wish there was a thumbs down button on this forum.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #47
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Which is a genius marketing plan on their part. Every Tuesday there are new releases........AKA a reason to actually walk through the doors. How often do you need a new refrigerator or washer & dryer? That's stuff that I'd never buy at BB anyway, that's what Lowe's or Home Depot are for.
Grow up! If you're too immature to take criticism, you shouldn't be in a forum.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #48

Aug 2014
Cleveland, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj101097 View Post
You sure are lucky! I’m also well over 1500 steelbooks and I’d guess I have 10%..15% that have arrived damaged. By far the worst offender is Amazon
and fortunately they have an easy return and replace policy. Will not order from Amazon Italy anymore after 18 steelbooks received with various forms of damage...from dents to bent and mangled. They actually sent me 6 steelbooks all shoved in a large envelope...twice! In my experience it’s almost never the PO at fault just very poor packaging. Long ago just accepted this is just the way it is and will never change and improve. I pity those who must have perfect copies...this is a high stress hobby for them!
Pro tip - spring for "gift packaging" (from amazon Italy) if you are worried about damage.
Also, get the steelbooks. They are much cooler than the Stenboks.

Last edited by C.C. 95; 04-12-2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
Pro tip - spring for "gift packaging" (from amazon Italy) if you are worried about damage.
Also, get the steelbooks. They are much cooler than the Stenboks.
I thought Amazon gift packaging was just that the price was not given?
Old 04-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #50

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
I own over 1500 steelbooks. All purchesed through various vendors around the world - all delivered. I have had maybe 5 damaged through the mail.
If you are constantly getting damaged steelbooks It is your local (or regional) post responsible... Look into it.
f that's a lotta steelbooks.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveblink View Post
f that's a lotta steelbooks.
I was closing in on 2500 but as movie releases have dipped off and collecting desires have changed, I doubt I'll ever make it.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:32 PM   #52
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
I was closing in on 2500 but as movie releases have dipped off and collecting desires have changed, I doubt I'll ever make it.
You can have 2500 movies and 500 could be bad. It's not about the quantity It's the quality.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:47 PM   #53

Mar 2013
California

I just dread that sound of a loose disk inside the case when i get it in the mail! Which is actually pretty common. But most of the time the disk is fine with no scratches and every thing is intact.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:17 AM   #54
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
You can have 2500 movies and 500 could be bad. It's not about the quantity It's the quality.
My post had nothing to do with quantity vs quality
Old 04-15-2021, 10:17 PM   #55
Special Member

Mar 2013
Fresno, Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avexhype View Post
Best Buy Corporate is actually trying to phase out 4k discs at my location. No doubt very dumb founded of them.
Quote:
No they're not fazing out 4K UHD discs altogether, they are significantly downsizing their movie selection period because most people are buying their movies online. The majority of the titles and limited editions, Best Buy and other retailers didn't have in stock at their B&M stores anyway, so the consumers had no other choice but to purchase them online.
Quote:
Quote:
WTF are you talking about?
Old 04-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
You're not very bright are you? It's not rocket science!
Old 04-16-2021, 01:10 AM   #57
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

I have only received one fairly dented steel from BB in the mail (the 4K Wreck-It Ralph), so I guess I'm lucky.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:22 AM   #58
Special Member

Mar 2013
Fresno, Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avexhype View Post
Best Buy Corporate is actually trying to phase out 4k discs at my location. No doubt very dumb founded of them.
Quote:
No they're not fazing out 4K UHD discs altogether, they are significantly downsizing their movie selection period because most people are buying their movies online. The majority of the titles and limited editions, Best Buy and other retailers didn't have in stock at their B&M stores anyway, so the consumers had no other choice but to purchase them online.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're not very bright are you? It's not rocket science!
Again, WTF are you talking about? And you've still failed to explain what 'taking criticism' has to do with anything I've posted.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:38 AM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
If this were true, then they would obviously still have huge sections of movies. Thereís a reason they are being removed - sales numbers are terrible and the square footage is better spent on something that else. They have all the information they need from a financial perspective to make the correct decision.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:31 PM   #60
Special Member

Mar 2013
Fresno, Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
If this were true, then they would obviously still have huge sections of movies. Thereís a reason they are being removed - sales numbers are terrible and the square footage is better spent on something that else. They have all the information they need from a financial perspective to make the correct decision.
Why reduce the physical media section and replace it with more floorspace? There's hardly any customers inside the way it is, how much more room do those few people need to walk around? You could land a jumbo jet in between the displays of worthless garbage like blenders, electric razors and flashlights. If they want to sell that stuff, fine, but there's also plenty of (wasted) space for a decent sized film section that again, has new releases every week. If someone enters the store to grab a new movie or two maybe they'll buy/consider a new cellphone, laptop or set of headphones...... Get rid of the film section and there's no reason to enter the store other than when you need that stuff, which isn't very often.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries