Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
£21.99

Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
£20.79

Line of Duty: Complete Series One to Six (Blu-ray)
£49.99

Stalker (Blu-ray)
£12.60

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
£20.79

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (Blu-ray)
£20.79

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£79.99

The Ascent (Blu-ray)
£14.40

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
£12.60

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Blu-ray)
£14.40

Charade (Blu-ray)
£14.40

Memories of Murder / Barking Dogs Never Bite (Blu-ray)
£15.88
14 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #7321
Special Member

May 2018
Norwich, UK

When they do another Premium Collection 2 for £15 I'll be down there like a shot. Nothing much else of interest at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #7322

Oct 2020
London

I was in Fopp Covent Garden this morning.

Busy but not overly so. A brief chat at the checkout and the lady who was on the till was glad to be back, happy with the level of business and enjoying both the Arrow and Criterion sales herself.

Slightly extended range on Criterions including the two Netflix releases, Marriage Story and The Irishman being in 2 for £25. Note the Criterion selection downstairs is a mixture of normal and sale prices so don't just look at the promos upstairs!

A good stock of the Arrow range. Notably at least 3 copes of the Robocop Limited Edition for £15, and 2 of the Graveyards of Honor LE for £20 which is a great price.
Thanks given by:
CinemaScope (04-12-2021), Pochacco (04-12-2021), Razorhead (04-12-2021), Sifox211 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #7323

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbvsh View Post
I was in Fopp Covent Garden this morning.

Busy but not overly so. A brief chat at the checkout and the lady who was on the till was glad to be back, happy with the level of business and enjoying both the Arrow and Criterion sales herself.

Slightly extended range on Criterions including the two Netflix releases, Marriage Story and The Irishman being in 2 for £25. Note the Criterion selection downstairs is a mixture of normal and sale prices so don't just look at the promos upstairs!

A good stock of the Arrow range. Notably at least 3 copes of the Robocop Limited Edition for £15, and 2 of the Graveyards of Honor LE for £20 which is a great price.
Bizarre as I just came here to post about same criterion misprice and had same chat with same lady. I snapped Marriage Story and Irishman before they realise

Last edited by raphph; 04-12-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Thanks given by:
dbvsh (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #7324
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Scotland

No point rushing out to HMV when it'll be the same shit stock they had before the shutdown. Hold a great sale and I'll think about it...
Old 04-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #7325

Jun 2018
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
No point rushing out to HMV when it'll be the same shit stock they had before the shutdown. Hold a great sale and I'll think about it...
Although time passes and things go OOP. Picked up Wings of Desire and Bound.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #7326

Oct 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
I spent most of last week umming and ahhing about whether or not to go in to my local (Bath) store first thing this morning to see if they had any copies of the exclusive Bill & Ted collection in store as by the time I could afford to buy it they'd sold out online, but on Saturday just gone I found a copy of the Shout set on a Facebook sale for frankly silly money so I snagged that instead.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #7327
Expert Member

Jul 2016

The Brighton store was pretty packed but all flowing nicely (unlike the local charity shops which were were absolutely rammed & had people practically fighting each other to look at the shelves & clothes racks).

The old blu sale stuff from last year was still there (mainly old Universal titles), but the new Arrow sale was up & running. Not a great deal of Arrow stock on the shelves, but hopefully they'll get more in soon. The only thing that really stood out was the little pile (10+ copies) of the RoboCop Limited Edition for £14.99.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #7328

Nov 2020
London

I'll take a visit to HMV Bluewater one evening this week when it's quieter... and Costa from tomorrow till Thurs have a promotion to celebrate 50 years so 50p for a hot drink via their app is worth the visit there! The last time I was there they had Street Fighter with the slip so I'll look to pick that up.
Thanks given by:
jackranderson (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 05:32 PM   #7329
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphph View Post
Bizarre as I just came here to post about same criterion misprice and had same chat with same lady. I snapped Marriage Story and Irishman before they realise
Was gonna say, surely that's a misprice? The DVD should be in the offer, not the Blu-ray...bargain for both of those, excellent films and lovely Blu-ray releases of films I saw on Netflix originally but will watch again and again (especially worth it for the extras and booklets in fact).
Old 04-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #7330

Dec 2010
England

Popped into my local branch and picked up Second Sights LE of World on a Wire. Had to pay full price of £26 but, as its seems to be out of stock everywhere, it was now or never.

I remember them having a copy in stock before the shutdown and went in today hoping, fingers crossed, that they still had it. Last copy as well.
Thanks given by:
minister_x (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 05:49 PM   #7331

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pochacco View Post
I'll take a visit to HMV Bluewater one evening this week when it's quieter... and Costa from tomorrow till Thurs have a promotion to celebrate 50 years so 50p for a hot drink via their app is worth the visit there! The last time I was there they had Street Fighter with the slip so I'll look to pick that up.
Didnít know Costa sold blurays ?
Old 04-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #7332
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
United Kingdom

Wonder if there’s any Cinema of Conflict sets at some of these HMV stores
Thanks given by:
bleedandtrim (04-12-2021), Ste7en (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 07:39 PM   #7333
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
Wonder if thereís any Cinema of Conflict sets at some of these HMV stores
Not in Norwich, which has fewer shelves for Academy than Video
Thanks given by:
jackranderson (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #7334

Nov 2020
London

Quote:
Didnít know Costa sold blurays ?
Of course not. But there are Costa's around there so I'll grab one after visiting HMV
Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 PM   #7335
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
Didn’t know Costa sold blurays ?
Yeah Costa-Gavras films are licensed out not sold directly from him. Same with Pedro Costa actually
Old 04-12-2021, 10:38 PM   #7336
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Visited my local HMV branch today. Noticed the horror and world cinema sections had been moved over to the right-hand side of the store (the TV on DVD titles have been moved to where the horror titles were). The collectors edition section looks to be in the same place as before.

Noticed that some Criterion titles were in the same offer as on the website, but others which are in the offer on the HMV website had the normal price label on them. Spotted some Arrow titles which were on offer, but I couldn't see a section for the Arrow sale.
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 05:32 AM   #7337

Jul 2015

Also visited my local HMV yesterday. Managed to grab some OOP sets that are scarce online, deluxe 4K editions of Studio Canal's Don't Look Now and The Elephant Man. I remember them being on the shelves before lockdown and thankfully they hadn't moved! Also picked up American Honey and If Beale Street Could Talk from the bargain bins. I second whoever was itching for a 2 for £15 on the Premium Collection!
Thanks given by:
jackranderson (04-13-2021), Ste7en (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #7338
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Following on from my previous post, visited the Merry Hill branch again today. Hopefully not going to jinx things, but I found it mostly more comfortable in there today (there were a couple of people who didn't have any manners though).

I checked again for The Frightened City and they had one copy on the shelf. Usually I check the end of aisles for any limited editions and sale titles etc., but I didn't with some aisles yesterday. Checked today, and some Arrow titles which are in the current sale were on the end of one aisle (as well as being in the collectors edition section).

Yesterday, I noticed they had one copy of Hammer: Volume Four in the horror section. However, when I checked it, I noticed that the spider security device (I can understand why they need to have them on certain items instore) had dug into the packaging.

One of the Criterion titles which I'm sure didn't have a sticker for the current sale yesterday, had a sale sticker on today (Destry Rides Again).
Thanks given by:
Dickieduvet (04-13-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #7339

Sep 2012

Went to the Liverpool One store earlier on the way into work, and picked up a few things from the Arrow and Criterion offers. Some people said their local stores had a poor selection of Criterions in the offer, but as far as I could tell everything that was in the offer on the website was in the offer in my local (though sadly they didn't mistakenly include the Netflix titles as one store did).

Good to be back!

Old 04-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #7340
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Yup, just popped into my local and returned some things I snapped up on Christmas Eve in a pre-lockdown panic - Tenet, Trading Places, Bad Santa, Elf - and got a refund on those. Then chatted to the manager for a while (I used to work there years ago) and then picked up a couple of titles in the Arrow sale:

They had quite good stock obviously (Crimes of Passion still has the booklet, but not the slipcover), and actually had about 4 copies of the RoboCop steelbook and 1 copy of the Limited Edition (£14.99), as well as the Fear and Loathing LE (£14.99), Graveyards of Honour LE (£19.99) and some other slipcovered LE titles (e.g. The Prey for £7.99). Would've snapped those all up if I didn't already own them!

Unfortunately they didn't have The Irishman or Marriage Story in the 2 for £25 but I already have those so that's fine (just a bit miffed my copy of The Irishman got a bit squashed when I received it, thanks to Amazon). I did ask about a 2 for £15 on Premium Collection but no word on that yet...have a feeling it'll be fairly soon though as there is a lot of Premium Collection stock and they'll want to start shifting it as we come into Summer. Will definitely snap up a few of those when it hits!

Great to have shops open again, and will always pop in every week or two to show some support. They occasionally even have a vinyl reissue at a good price so that's always fun to hunt those down (I bought Prince's Around the World in a Day from them for £7 on their site recently - massive bargain for one of my favourite albums - and also Neil Young's Homegrown for about £14 which isn't bad either).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland