Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$36.99
1 day ago
Amazing Ocean 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.09

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #21

May 2009
Memphis, TN.

Astro Boy and Polar Express
Old 07-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #22

Jul 2010
Default ............

thaks very good
Old 08-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #23

Jul 2008

WALL-E for blu-ray 3D
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

House of Wax 3D
Beowulf
Saw 3D
T2 3D: Battle Across Time (not technically a movie, but still)
Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Only ones originally conceived and shot in 3D.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010

I'd like to see a new spider-man filmed with 3D cameras.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #27

Sep 2010
Default 3D classics from the '50s

How about re-issuing some of the better 3D classics (two projectors with polaroid filters to be viewed with polaroid glasses) from the early '50s. For example, House of Wax, John Waynes "Hondo, Kiss Me Kate, Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder (with Grace Kelly), It Came from Outer Space and most definitely Creature from the Black Lagoon. These are sitting forgotten in vaults somewhere and all they need is a good cleaning and transfer to Blu-ray 3D. There should be little cost involved when compared to today's 3D features.

Oh, and don't forget the grandaddy of them all 1952's Bwana Devil (!!!) the first 3D picture released in "Natural Vision". A stinker, but with great 3D effects...."A lion in your lap"!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail Street View Post
How about re-issuing some of the better 3D classics (two projectors with polaroid filters to be viewed with polaroid glasses) from the early '50s. For example, House of Wax, John Waynes "Hondo, Kiss Me Kate, Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder (with Grace Kelly), It Came from Outer Space and most definitely Creature from the Black Lagoon. These are sitting forgotten in vaults somewhere and all they need is a good cleaning and transfer to Blu-ray 3D. There should be little cost involved when compared to today's 3D features.

Oh, and don't forget the grandaddy of them all 1952's Bwana Devil (!!!) the first 3D picture released in "Natural Vision". A stinker, but with great 3D effects...."A lion in your lap"!
I suspect we will get classic 3D movies and big 2D shot titles (Star Wars and Lord of the Rings) with time. However the 3D market is to small right now to sell such old titles.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #29

Sep 2010

I don't know. I would imagine that if you look at the average video library of the average early adapter, you'd find a lot of old "classics" from past eras. I'm sure many of the older early adapters who either remember these films from their youth, or have heard about them from their parents or grandparents would be very interested in acquiring the actual 3D versions. They'll never be big sellers, but since the cost of acquiring, converting and marketing them would be very low compared to today's new 3D extravaganzas, there could be a fair amount of profit in them.

As an example look at Kino and their release in Blu-ray of silent pictures from the '20s...Buster Keaton's The General and Steamboat Bill and Metropolis as examples. We're so starved for product any 3D Blu-rays that can be released will find buyers...even old '50s films whose 3D effects were actually quite good for their time.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #30

Aug 2010

I recently saw the Disney 3D Showcase disc being demonstrated in a store. Included in the extracts was a clip from 'Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas'. It features Jack Skellington telling the inhabitants of Halloween Town all about his visit to Chrismas Town and its leader Sandy Claws.

My wish would be to have that movie in my 3D collection as well as the animated Donald Duck cartoon the demo disc finished with: 'Working For Peanuts'(a brilliant short from the mid-50s).

That's all I want. If anyone gets a chance to see the Disney 3D Showcase disc my suggestion is to watch the whole thing from start to finish. True the Disney logo can get a bit tiresome during the 25 minutes running time but, hey, it's a small price to pay for seeing such brilliant content(the only thing missing from what I saw was 'Bolt' although they did have an action sequence from the part-cgi movie, 'G-Force' which more than made up for it).

John.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasiafilmlover View Post
I recently saw the Disney 3D Showcase disc being demonstrated in a store. Included in the extracts was a clip from 'Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas'. It features Jack Skellington telling the inhabitants of Halloween Town all about his visit to Chrismas Town and its leader Sandy Claws.
John.
Great to hear of such a disc!
'Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas' in 3D - and with HD lossless sound, would be my ultimate wish.

Paul
Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #32

Jul 2009

All the Creature from the Black Lagoon movies in 3d

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Revenge of the Creature
The Creature Walks among Us
Old 09-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #33

Jul 2008

here is my list

Wall-e

Kung fu panda

bolt

meet the Robinsons

chicken little

finding nemo

it wouldnt be hard to make these into 3D blu-ray movies becaue they just need to be re-rendered with a 2nd eye camera
Old 09-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny3001 View Post
here is my list

Wall-e

Kung fu panda

bolt

meet the Robinsons

chicken little

finding nemo

it wouldnt be hard to make these into 3D blu-ray movies becaue they just need to be re-rendered with a 2nd eye camera
Chicken Little, Bolt, and Meet the Robinsons already have been rendered in 3D. Bolt will be out in Blu-Ray 3D in December. As for the others I doubt we will see many 3D re-renderings until after the 3D market grows. We are getting the first 3 Shreks but Samsung paid them a bundle for that.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #35

Jul 2008

you got a problem with my list
Old 09-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny3001 View Post
you got a problem with my list
No just being realistic as to when we will see some of them
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Default Older 3-D Movies You'd Like on BD?

We're basically in the third 3-D era, after previous surges in the 1950s and 1980s. Would you be interested in seeing some 3-D catalog titles?

Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3-D is already available on anaglyph Blu-ray, and it works pretty well, but it would be a whole lot more impressive in BD 3-D.

I'd also love to see Amityville 3-D and Jaws 3-D out on BD. Neither has ever even had an official US DVD release in 3-D... although I do own a bootlegged copy of Amityville 3-D on an anaglyph DVD. Still, I'm sure the effects would work MUCH better on a real, field-sequential Blu-ray.

The biggest benefit of 3-D films from the 50's and 80's? No conversions.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #38

Jul 2010

I'd like to see all of the above too. Jaws 3D did get an official 3D DVD release - but it was only for use with Sensio players.

Movies I'd most like to see:

Dial M For Murder
House Of Wax
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revenge Of The Creature (From The Black Lagoon)
It Came From Outer Space
Gog
Mad Magician
Old 09-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

I've seen some anaglyph screenshots from Creature - It looks like it could probably be pretty good.

The worst thing about anaglyph, for me, is that it just plain doesn't work with bright, white light sources. There's a scene in Amityville 3-D, for example, where a supporting character grabs the world's most preposterously long flashlight (seriously, it's like, 2 feet long) just so she can shove it into the camera for half a minute. I'm sure it looked great in polarized 3-D, but because the light is on, in anaglyph it just looks like she's holding multiple separate flashlights! Seeing it in field-sequential format on Blu-ray would (hopefully) allow that scene to actually work.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
The biggest benefit of 3-D films from the 50's and 80's? No conversions.
True but they didn't have modern Fusion 3D cameras either. The first movie to be shot in modern digital 3D was 2008s Journey to the Center of the Earth. Dual film strip cameras from yesteryear just couldn't capture 3D as well. A well done conversion might actually be better.

We likely won't see older 3D movies until after Blu-Ray 3D has estabished itself alittle better but eventually its a sure thing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3d blu-ray wish list