Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$36.99
1 day ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.37

Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.00

Amazing Ocean 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.09

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Comin' at Ya! 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

just watched dolphin tale. good movie, pointless 3d. also watched whales and dolpins: tribes. now that was amazind 3d. some of the best ive seen.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #22
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
I watched this earlier in the week. I've owned it for a while after enjoying it in cinemas, and have watched it maybe three times since. Very funny. One of my favourite children's animations (not being a HUGE animation fan).

The movie I just finished watching right then, before I swapped screens and sat down at the computer, was Beowulf. I really wish I could say that this was the last 3D movie I watched. C'mon Zemekis, there's a gap in my 3D collection between The Polar Express and A Christmas Carol...

I'm the same way, not too big on animation but Cloudy definitely earned its spot on my list.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #23

Jan 2012

I just picked up Dinosaurs of Patagonia...cheap. It's not worthy. Even as a documentary it's bad.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #24

Nov 2011
paso Robles, CA

Saw Priest the other night. Movie overall was just Blah and it was wayyyy too dark for 3D. That being said some of the action scenes were cool but definately more of a rental for me.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth

Smurfs and it was lame at best. If you're sitting on the fence about buying this one, don't... rent the 3D first or borrow from a buddy. You'll be disppointed but happy that you've saved yourself some bucks. Can't get the 1.5 hour back though. Would be nice to figure that one out.

The movie was lame. The story line was lame and so was the 3D effects. How many WOW factors did I see in this 3D movie? None! Flat zero, nadda, nett, bunch of disappointment is all I got from watching the Smurfs in 3D. Guess I'm not a Smurf kind of guy.

Save your bucks and get Samy in 3D. Mine should be arriving any day now.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #26
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvl View Post
Smurfs and it was lame at best. If you're sitting on the fence about buying this one, don't... rent the 3D first or borrow from a buddy. You'll be disppointed but happy that you've saved yourself some bucks. Can't get the 1.5 hour back though. Would be nice to figure that one out.
The opening of the movie was cute enough to gives you some idea of why the cartoon was so darn popular in its day--But unfortunately, Sony was too intent on making one of Warner's own Cartoon-Network deconstructionist movies, they went out and hired the Scooby-Doo director, and, well...
(It also emphasizes the point I was making about "The Muppets": Fourth-wall jokes and current pop-culture refs in a cartoon-icon movie are like Jewish humor: If the comic makes them about himself, its funny; if someone else makes them about hiim, it's lame, snotty and insulting. )

Was also struck by why on earth a Smurfs movie should be so preoccupied with whether Neil Patrick Harris will get an advertising promotion and be a daddy to his wife's new baby....WHAT CHILD IN THE AUDIENCE remotely cares about this, as opposed to the thirty-something baby-boomers the studio was banking on?

Quote:
Save your bucks and get Samy in 3D. Mine should be arriving any day now.
Good--Just watch it and shut up about it. The Sammy-ites are certainly loyal, but they're SERIOUSLY bordering on the Marine-World spam.
It's not "hating the movie" to tell the faithful, "Will you freakin' forget about the damn cheap-foreign-CGI turtle, and talk about a single freakin' OTHER movie for a change??"

(And that's not specifically directed at you, but if we can help prevent any in the future, and help them step back from the edge of the cliff before it's too late..)

Last edited by EricJ; 01-21-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
The opening of the movie was cute enough to gives you some idea of why the cartoon was so darn popular in its day--But unfortunately, Sony was too intent on making one of Warner's own Cartoon-Network deconstructionist movies, they went out and hired the Scooby-Doo director, and, well...
(It also emphasizes the point I was making about "The Muppets": Fourth-wall jokes and current pop-culture refs in a cartoon-icon movie are like Jewish humor: If the comic makes them about himself, its funny; if someone else makes them about hiim, it's lame, snotty and insulting. )

Was also struck by why on earth a Smurfs movie should be so preoccupied with whether Neil Patrick Harris will get an advertising promotion and be a daddy to his wife's new baby....WHAT CHILD IN THE AUDIENCE remotely cares about this, as opposed to the thirty-something baby-boomers the studio was banking on?

Good--Just watch it and shut up about it. The Sammy-ites are certainly loyal, but they're SERIOUSLY bordering on the Marine-World spam.
It's not "hating the movie" to tell the faithful, "Will you freakin' forget about the damn cheap-foreign-CGI turtle, and talk about a single freakin' OTHER movie for a change??"

(And that's not specifically directed at you, but if we can help prevent any in the future, and help them step back from the edge of the cliff before it's too late..)
Sorry I didn't realise it was your site?

People ask the question and we answer it you ****ing nimrod.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

i thought the 3d in smurfs was pretty awesome. the movie was okay. im way happier with smurfs over dolphin tale.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #29

Apr 2011

Well firstly I watched Sammy again last nite .. just to piss EricJ off. Look man, if you really have soooo much against it, stop posting about it!

Also, had flu recently and had bought Final Dest 5 and had to watch it in 2D cos I just couldnt handle anything 3D! Was OK ... BUT few days later, watched it in 3D ... what a difference that made!!! Lovely 3D and at last the studios seem to have live action colour sorted out.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #30

Jan 2012

Saw the Hole 3D today, don't think it's available in the States (bizarre, cos it's an American film) but it was a run of the mill PG horror film, entertaining enough.

The 3D though was very good, it was a native 3D title, framed 1.85:1, so you get this nice big 3D image.

Transfer wise, it was most akin to Drive Angry 3D/Step Up 3D. There were a few pop out moments and the hole itself was quite effectively captured in 3D, but all in all there is just something nice about viewing native 3D depth, what can you say other than it just looks right! Both day and night scenes worked in 3D, so it's a very solid disc PQ wise.

For Region 2 folk, I'd recommend it, not about to win an Oscar, but for 8.99 on Amazon for a native 3D Blu Ray title, that's less than 1 cinema ticket and it will look pretty fine up a big 3D tv or projector.

Last edited by Captain Jack; 01-21-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #31
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck301 View Post
i thought the 3d in smurfs was pretty awesome. the movie was okay. im way happier with smurfs over dolphin tale.
Yes while the story is lame, the 3d is excellent and I was amazed how well they to the depth right with cgi and live elements together...comparatively the yogi bear was unbearable
Old 01-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #32
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post

Saw the Hole 3D today, don't think it's available in the States (bizarre, cos it's an American film) but it was a run of the mill PG horror film, entertaining enough.

The 3D though was very good, it was a native 3D title, framed 1.85:1, so you get this nice big 3D image.

Transfer wise, it was most akin to Drive Angry 3D/Step Up 3D. There were a few pop out moments and the hole itself was quite effectively captured in 3D, but all in all there is just something nice about viewing native 3D depth, what can you say other than it just looks right! Both day and night scenes worked in 3D, so it's a very solid disc PQ wise.

For Region 2 folk, I'd recommend it, not about to win an Oscar, but for 8.99 on Amazon for a native 3D Blu Ray title, that's less than 1 cinema ticket and it will look pretty fine up a big 3D tv or projector.
I sold mine on. It was an ok film, I loved the first half, but the second half majorly sucked!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #33

Dec 2011
Vienna, VA

Sammy is Great. If you HATE IT, fine, no biggie. But bashing people for liking it? How Lame. Majority in here think it's the best one out there, myself included. Are we ALL wrong? Doubt it. If people ask for advice, we will give them our opinion. You can too. I am willing to bet people will buy it based on the MAJORITY of recommendations in here AND will enjoy it.

If I am going to ask an opinion on a movie that I don't own, I will buy if most like it. There is NOT one movie out that EVERYONE will like. Not ONE MOVIE.

Anyway, just watched tonight Hubble 3D and Resident Evil 3D. Both are okay for me. I saw RE in 2D before but wasn't wow by the 3D version. Maybe I am over load with 3D today since I also watched Underworld 4 earlier in the day. Story is same old but the 3D is pretty good, not great. I find that dark movies aren't great in 3D. But that's just me.

I still have a lot of 3D movies that I bought but haven't watched yet.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #34
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth
USA IMAX Deep Sea 3D = 6/10 rating

I watched this last night and I have to say, I was expecting more of a WOW factor to daze me. My expectations were fruitless regarding the "Eye-Popping; kick-me-in-the-head brain farts" that good 3D movies do to a person. There were very little “pop-outs” during playback. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were boring to say the least to narrate this documentary. Damn near fell asleep… twice. At the beginning and during the playback, the jellyfish scenes were flat as a pancake; most other scenes of the playback had little 3D going on. Audio wasn’t all that great either. I’d give the audio about a 5/10 rating.

Maybe I am being too harsh in rating this 3D wanna-be, but I had to be honest with my opinion. You guys can chop my head off, but you won’t change my mind.

If you are sitting on the fence to buy this 3D, rent it or borrow from a friend first before you blow twenty something bucks. Save your money, take your girl to McDonalds for a Big Mac... you'll get more for your mula.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck301 View Post
just watched dolphin tale. good movie, pointless 3d. also watched whales and dolpins: tribes. now that was amazind 3d. some of the best ive seen.
But that's the point, that it be pointless and the opposite of a "gimmick". Every day life we see in 3D with our eyes whether it has a point or not, and the more movies that include 3 Dimensions for our eyes to see, the better, so we can lose the "gimmick stigma" associated with 3D, but yeah, I see what you're saying. I liked the 3D in that movie, but the movie felt like a very long documentary... Not enough excitement for my taste. Some loved it.

Last 3D movie I watched Last Night actually, was Captain America in 3D. I had other stuff to do, so midway skipped to all the action scenes to the end. The Red Skull was a cool villain and the 3D was pretty good.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #36

May 2011
SO. CAL

Watched Toy Story 3 friday night, and Kung Fu Panda 2 wednesday night. Still have quite a few more I've purchased that I have yet to see. Transformers 3 will be a definite day one buy and watch, missed this at the theatres. The review is up and seems like it's going to be a great buy.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #37

Jul 2008
USA

Just watch Tangled...it was amazing! first 3D movie i have ever watched on my tv!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #38

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvl View Post
I watched this last night and I have to say, I was expecting more of a WOW factor to daze me. My expectations were fruitless regarding the "Eye-Popping; kick-me-in-the-head brain farts" that good 3D movies do to a person. There were very little “pop-outs” during playback. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were boring to say the least to narrate this documentary. Damn near fell asleep… twice. At the beginning and during the playback, the jellyfish scenes were flat as a pancake; most other scenes of the playback had little 3D going on. Audio wasn’t all that great either. I’d give the audio about a 5/10 rating.

Maybe I am being too harsh in rating this 3D wanna-be, but I had to be honest with my opinion. You guys can chop my head off, but you won’t change my mind.

If you are sitting on the fence to buy this 3D, rent it or borrow from a friend first before you blow twenty something bucks. Save your money, take your girl to McDonalds for a Big Mac... you'll get more for your mula.
I agree with you there. I find these Imax under sea 3D docs very overrated.

Ultimate Wave is sooo much better just for the variety I guess.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #39

Jan 2012
Default shrek

I saw first two Shrek movies over the weekend. Not best 3D overall, but the depth in S2 is really nice.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #40

Jan 2012

Saw Tron tonight, some people knock it for being fairly conservative in it's use of 3D, but I gotta say, up on a 120 inches screen it really shines, despite being a film that is set totally at night almost the detail is sublime and picture razor sharp. I saw this film in IMAX 3D so feel the 3D Blu Ray compares very well with the top theatrical experience. One annoying faeture is the way it switches ratios from 16:9 to 2:35.1, most of the film is 2.35:1 but when they open it up for the 16:9 sequences it really dazzles. The 3D has great depth but there is next to no pop-out so not one for pop-out fans but all the same, a very good disc, light years ahead of any conversion for instance.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies